U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you be surprised if the Chicago Bulls won the title in 2012?
Yes 8 33.33%
No 16 66.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 06:56 PM
FBJ

39,614 posts, read 50,784,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I can name at least 4 NBA teams that should be disappointed if they don't make the finals this year. Not all of them can be the #1 seed in each conference.

Miami has a shelf life of 3-4 years before age starts to take it's toll. Bulls don't, and lack the deep playoff and finals experience of a Miami or San Antonio.

Just being realistic, I understand your points but sometimes you just have to pay your dues.
Are those 4 teams in the West? Because there are only 2 teams in the East that are expected to make the finals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 06:59 PM

52,734 posts, read 42,370,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Are those 4 teams in the West? Because there are only 2 teams in the East that are expected to make the finals.
Bulls, Heat, OKC and Spurs will all be disappointed not to make the finals.

MAYBE the Lakers fans.

That's it IMO.

Old 04-14-2012, 08:56 PM

8,163 posts, read 13,276,452 times
There are a few teams that look strong but not one team looks like a sure thing. My bet to win it all is Oklahoma City but the Bulls wouldn't surprise me at all. But just like any other sport,you just have to get hot at the right time. Who knows? A team like the Knicks might go far too. Will they win it all? Probably not, but no one predicted the SF Giants in baseball either or the NY Giants in the NFL.

Old 04-16-2012, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
There are a few teams that look strong but not one team looks like a sure thing. My bet to win it all is Oklahoma City but the Bulls wouldn't surprise me at all. But just like any other sport,you just have to get hot at the right time. Who knows? A team like the Knicks might go far too. Will they win it all? Probably not, but no one predicted the SF Giants in baseball either or the NY Giants in the NFL.
Good points. Most of us did not expect Dallas to win it all last year either, although they were in consideration....just not favorites.

The big wildcard to me is injuries. At least 3 of the top contending teams have injury bugs, older players and so forth.

In the east, due to team composition...I would like to see the Celtics and Heat in the same bracket because I think the Celts match up so well against them. The celts do not match up well against the Bulls.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:08 AM

8,163 posts, read 13,276,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Good points. Most of us did not expect Dallas to win it all last year either, although they were in consideration....just not favorites.

The big wildcard to me is injuries. At least 3 of the top contending teams have injury bugs, older players and so forth.

In the east, due to team composition...I would like to see the Celtics and Heat in the same bracket because I think the Celts match up so well against them. The celts do not match up well against the Bulls.
I would like to see the Heat fall on their face early by getting their butt kicked by a scrub team.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I would like to see the Heat fall on their face early by getting their butt kicked by a scrub team.
I'd like to win the lottery.

Seriously though, after putting together their "epic team", the Heat absolutely do not have an even remotely clear path to the championship.

They are going to have to beat a Bulls team that is near their level and improving plus a tough team from the west.

While I still think Miami will win a championship in the next couple years, it's not going to be some 4-5 ring dynasty.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:41 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,272,092 times
if things stay the way they are, the heat are going to have a tough time (washing my fingers off with bleach after typing this) facing the knicks in the 1st round. really nyc is not a team anyone wants to face in the 1st round right now. nor is boston. i would venture to say that miami would have an easier 2nd round then 1st, and really an easier 2nd round then the bulls. chicago will destroy philly (philly sucks and TV guy is gone???) but facing boston in the 2nd round is NOT going to be an easy series. miami facing indy/orlando seems easier to me provided the knicks dont drag them out or even beat them.

i would have to laugh my arse off in every heat fans face if the knicks actually pull that series out. think about that, nyc taking out lebron after the very public snubbing he did to them and they "settled" for melo...... oh that would be a bit of justice HA. makes me laugh some inside just thinking about it.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:33 PM

2,947 posts, read 3,037,593 times
The Knicks will eats Heats alive. Knicks has a deep bench. If the starters are playing bad, the bench can take over. But you cannot say that about the Heats. Heats' wins depend on both James and Wade. If one or both playing bad, they will lost the game.

Stat is coming back before round 1. Probably rusty. His return will provide relief for Melo.

Lin will be back round 2. Knicks needs Lin. Davis and Bibby both useless. Davis is more useless.

Old 04-19-2012, 06:03 PM

1,586 posts, read 6,189,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
The Knicks will eats Heats alive. Knicks has a deep bench. If the starters are playing bad, the bench can take over. But you cannot say that about the Heats. Heats' wins depend on both James and Wade. If one or both playing bad, they will lost the game.

Stat is coming back before round 1. Probably rusty. His return will provide relief for Melo.

Lin will be back round 2. Knicks needs Lin. Davis and Bibby both useless. Davis is more useless.
Lin no baller. Lin make grand accountant one day.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:09 AM

You guys are grossly overestimating the Knicks IMO.

They are playing better than they had been, they are still a mediocre team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or