Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you be surprised if the Chicago Bulls won the title in 2012?
Yes 8 33.33%
No 16 66.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 02:33 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,449,566 times

Advertisements

Chicago could win so I would say no it would not surprise. Though, the Heat are still my pick out of the East. Lebron turns into a different player post season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 02:51 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 719inhere View Post
I voted yes, only because Rose has had a lot of injury issues this year. I think the Bulls have played great without him playing, but if he's still dealing with injuries in the playoffs, Imo I don't see them being able to beat the Heat in a 7 game series unless Rose is healthy. If he is, I think the Bulls should be the favorites out of the East, if not, than it's Miami.
Wise post. 10ish games left in the season, let's see how Rose is doing when he comes back.

Personally, I think the absence of Rose has helped the rest of the team develop....but it raises uncertainty.

Bulls have a legit shot, OKC is beasting....I honestly have no pick for the Champ this year other than Bulls, Miami, OKC and maybe the Spurs.

Old 04-06-2012, 02:58 PM

5,479 posts, read 12,256,307 times
Yes, I would be surprised and happy. In a seven game series with the Heat, I see Miami winning again. Much depends on how healthy both teams are. Deng has a bad wrist and is not 100%, Rose is not back and hasn't proven he's 100% yet. Hamilton just came back. I think the Bulls are need another piece to beat the Heat in a 7 games series.

Old 04-06-2012, 03:26 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,899,129 times
The Bulls can win and I predict them to win. Bulls took care of business last night aginst does same Celtics that blew the Heat out on sunday. Keep in mind that D Rose wasn't even playing.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:04 PM

520 posts, read 730,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Wise post. 10ish games left in the season, let's see how Rose is doing when he comes back.

Personally, I think the absence of Rose has helped the rest of the team develop....but it raises uncertainty.

Bulls have a legit shot, OKC is beasting....I honestly have no pick for the Champ this year other than Bulls, Miami, OKC and maybe the Spurs.
I don't know though, the more and more the Bulls play, they look like a they'd be a threat in the playoffs even if Rose wasn't playing. Pretty impressive that they're playing so well without their only superstar player.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 719inhere View Post
I don't know though, the more and more the Bulls play, they look like a they'd be a threat in the playoffs even if Rose wasn't playing. Pretty impressive that they're playing so well without their only superstar player.
They are a scary team. I just wonder about the introduction of Rose and their conditioning. NO question they are a scary deep team. I will be on vacation during the ECF and finals this year;.....bring on the margaritas!

Old 04-06-2012, 10:07 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,989,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
They are a scary team. I just wonder about the introduction of Rose and their conditioning. NO question they are a scary deep team. I will be on vacation during the ECF and finals this year;.....bring on the margaritas!
Wait a minute, are you a diehard NBA Fan because I'm confused that you would take a vacation during the ECF and Finals especially if the Bulls are in it? Why not go on vacation after the season is over?-lol

Old 04-07-2012, 07:34 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,665,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Wait a minute, are you a diehard NBA Fan because I'm confused that you would take a vacation during the ECF and Finals especially if the Bulls are in it? Why not go on vacation after the season is over?-lol
I think most hotels have TV's with cable in them. But maybe Mathguy is taking a vacation to Afganistan and cable won't be available but for some reason i doubt it.

Old 04-07-2012, 07:35 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,989,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
I think most hotels have TV's with cable in them. But maybe Mathguy is taking a vacation to Afganistan and cable won't be available but for some reason i doubt it.
No one is watching the playoffs if they are on vacation which leads me to believe he is not a diehard Bulls fan.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I can watch the playoffs anywhere, and on vacation is as much of a treat as any other time. Plus I have 6 other people involved in the decision that have summer trips with grandparents and camps and so forth to negotiate around.

So, I will fish in the morning on the beach I'm staying on, have some breakfast, kayak a bit, take a nap and maybe um.....wash my gf's back in the shower..... ..... then head out later to drink daquariis and watch the Bulls!

Repeat the next day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball