U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-04-2012, 10:05 AM
 
Location: Fort Mill, SC
2,532 posts, read 2,947,382 times
Reputation: 1357

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
Nope, not really.

Seriously, he not only has the UK "bosses" to worry about, but the hundreds of thousands of "arm chair at home bosses" he has to try and make happy. I think he knows deep down if he screws this team, he won't make it out of the state in one piece, lol!
Those "bosses" looked the other way for guys like Jim Tressel (Ohio St) and Joe Pa (Penn St) so why wouldn't they for Calipari, who is giving them wins. The "arm chair at home bosses" only care about the wins as they happen so why would they care what he did to get these guys on campus. Calipari is a cancer and he will eventually get banned from coaching. Just give it some time. This win will be vacated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-04-2012, 10:15 AM
 
Location: Kansas City, MO
5,763 posts, read 9,751,348 times
Reputation: 2809
Rumor is that Cal might be headed to NY to coach the Knicks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2012, 10:35 AM
 
4,399 posts, read 9,064,351 times
Reputation: 2352
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Agreed. KU missed 12 layups and two dunks which is just straight unlucky. if they make even half those, it is an entirely different game. KU had their chances to win and wasnt able to make the shots fall.
Kentucky was blowing them out the entire first half. Kansas only came back when Kentucky tried to run out the clock for the entire second half. In reality the outcome of this game was never in doubt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2012, 01:49 PM
 
Location: Kansas City, MO
5,763 posts, read 9,751,348 times
Reputation: 2809
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
Kentucky was blowing them out the entire first half. Kansas only came back when Kentucky tried to run out the clock for the entire second half. In reality the outcome of this game was never in doubt.
You apparently didnt watch the KU vs. Memphis game in 2008 when a Calipari coached Memphis team blew a 9 point lead in the last 2 minutes. Or you didnt watch the OSU vs. KU game on Saturday where OSU below a 13 point lead or the KU game from the previous weeks against Missouri, Purdue, and NC State.

KU was within 4 and missed a very unlucky basket and then Davis hit the 3. Which was a 5 point turnaround that sealed the game. Had KU made that basket, Cal would have taken a TO and Davis doesnt likely get the sequence to get an open look for a three and KU may have very well have pulled it out; KU definitely had an opportunity to win this one but just werent shooting the ball well enough.

Saying the outcome was never in doubt is a very, very naive statement based on what KU has done over the last few weeks and considering it was a 4 point game late.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2012, 06:27 PM
 
Location: Hometown of Jason Witten
5,985 posts, read 3,738,747 times
Reputation: 1915
Congrats to the Wildcats. I'm a Tennessee fan who always roots for SEC basketball and football teams in the postseason. We've done pretty well in recent years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2012, 05:19 AM
 
4,399 posts, read 9,064,351 times
Reputation: 2352
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post

KU was within 4 and missed a very unlucky basket and then Davis hit the 3. Which was a 5 point turnaround that sealed the game. Had KU made that basket, Cal would have taken a TO and Davis doesnt likely get the sequence to get an open look for a three and KU may have very well have pulled it out; KU definitely had an opportunity to win this one but just werent shooting the ball well enough.

Saying the outcome was never in doubt is a very, very naive statement based on what KU has done over the last few weeks and considering it was a 4 point game late.
Did you watch the game on Saturday. Kentucky dominated thet d all during the first half and some of the second as well. The only reason Kansas was close was because Kentucky tried to hold the ball the entire second half. And yea everyone knows that if Kansas hit more shots and Kentucky doesn't that Kansas might have won. That means just about nothing.
And I'm sure every shot that Kansas missed was unlucky according to the Kansas fans, and every Kentucky shot was the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2012, 06:34 AM
 
1,429 posts, read 2,540,912 times
Reputation: 2259
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
Did you watch the game on Saturday. Kentucky dominated thet d all during the first half and some of the second as well. The only reason Kansas was close was because Kentucky tried to hold the ball the entire second half. And yea everyone knows that if Kansas hit more shots and Kentucky doesn't that Kansas might have won. That means just about nothing.
And I'm sure every shot that Kansas missed was unlucky according to the Kansas fans, and every Kentucky shot was the same.
I don't know a Kansas fan that thinks Kentucky is not the most talented team and deserved to win that game. But that game was in doubt in the final minute and to say otherwise is just wrong. The fact that KY chose to slow down it's offense was their decision. The fact is KU held them to 26 pts in the 2nd half on very poor shooting. KU outplayed KY in the 2nd half.

As Coach Self said. ... "we may have come up a little short; personally, I think we just ran out of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2012, 12:42 PM
 
Location: Kansas City, MO
5,763 posts, read 9,751,348 times
Reputation: 2809
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
Did you watch the game on Saturday. Kentucky dominated thet d all during the first half and some of the second as well. The only reason Kansas was close was because Kentucky tried to hold the ball the entire second half. And yea everyone knows that if Kansas hit more shots and Kentucky doesn't that Kansas might have won. That means just about nothing.
And I'm sure every shot that Kansas missed was unlucky according to the Kansas fans, and every Kentucky shot was the same.
No, Kansas missed 12 lay-ups and 2 dunks. That is unlucky no matter which way you cut it, did you not see the lay-ups and dunks that just didnt fall? I'm not saying KU deserved to win or that KU was the better team but rather UK didnt dominate or that KU didnt get to "destroyed". You win by more than 8 points when you destroy someone and you definitely do not allow someone within 4 points late in the game when you are destroying them. Give credit where credit is due.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2012, 05:30 PM
 
Location: Hometown of Jason Witten
5,985 posts, read 3,738,747 times
Reputation: 1915
Of Kentucky's 8 titles, the last 5 were under 5 different head coaches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-05-2012, 06:27 PM
 
4,399 posts, read 9,064,351 times
Reputation: 2352
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
No, Kansas missed 12 lay-ups and 2 dunks. That is unlucky no matter which way you cut it, did you not see the lay-ups and dunks that just didnt fall?
Nope it's not unlucky. The ball didn't fall in the basket because Kansas didn't do enough to put it there. Are you say making layups is simply luck? That's crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top