Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 09:45 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,624,980 times

Advertisements

WHOO HOO!!!!!!!!

Go Cats!!!

Told you guys we would have Kansas chicken dinner!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 09:49 PM

1,455 posts, read 2,827,175 times
Congrats to KY..but I'm proud of the Jayhawks. They were dominated most of the night but didn't quit and still had a shot in the final minute. Great season...RCJH

Old 04-03-2012, 10:24 AM

4,108 posts, read 10,797,555 times
Comb the Yahoo! threads since Sunday about the UK/Louisville game, Lexington parties and last night's victory. Tell me which fan base is the most arrogant and brash, Louisville, Kansas or Kentucky? Not to mention, the fan base with the online posters that use the most God-awful grammar.

Let's just say the fans and students of the SEC school isn't exactly exemplifying Southern hospitality. I'm Kentucky-born and -raised and really wanted Louisville to win it all, but I cheered for Kansas last night.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:40 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,054,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
WHOO HOO!!!!!!!!

Go Cats!!!

Told you guys we would have Kansas chicken dinner!
Given John Calipari's past history with both UMass and Memphis, are you or any other UK fans at all worried about any future NCAA investigations and/or sanctions regarding this season? Given that both UMass and Memphis under Calipari had to vacate wins from several seasons including Final Four appearances, are you at all worried about the same thing happening at UK a few years down the road?

For the record, this is an honest question. I'm not trying to take a jab at your team or anything like that.....

Old 04-03-2012, 11:45 AM

5,765 posts, read 10,995,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Given John Calipari's past history with both UMass and Memphis, are you or any other UK fans at all worried about any future NCAA investigations and/or sanctions regarding this season? Given that both UMass and Memphis under Calipari had to vacate wins from several seasons including Final Four appearances, are you at all worried about the same thing happening at UK a few years down the road?

For the record, this is an honest question. I'm not trying to take a jab at your team or anything like that.....
Calipari is always going to be under a microscope and the UK AD needs to make sure every i is dotted and t is crossed because the NCAA is going to have any program coached by Cal watched closely.

The word is that players may have had improper relationships with agents prior to going to UK.

I think the age 19 rule is hurting the sport of college basketball more than helping. Guys that are talented enough for the NBA out of high school are going to be very tempted to develop relationships with agents or break other rules. That's why I am glad Self has stayed away from them for the most part and continues to do so.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:51 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,624,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post

Nope, not really.

Seriously, he not only has the UK "bosses" to worry about, but the hundreds of thousands of "arm chair at home bosses" he has to try and make happy. I think he knows deep down if he screws this team, he won't make it out of the state in one piece, lol!

Old 04-03-2012, 12:26 PM

758 posts, read 1,235,191 times
I knew Kentucky would win the National Championship earlier in the season and they proved it, thank you Kentucky for destroying the Jayhawks!

Old 04-03-2012, 01:53 PM

1,455 posts, read 2,827,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDFreaker View Post
I knew Kentucky would win the National Championship earlier in the season and they proved it, thank you Kentucky for destroying the Jayhawks!
You realize it was a two possession game with under a minute to go. KU was dominated for a majority of the game but they did hold KY to 26 points in 2nd half. I know the most talented team won but they didn't destroy anybody.

Old 04-03-2012, 02:27 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,894,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockChalk528808 View Post
You realize it was a two possession game with under a minute to go. KU was dominated for a majority of the game but they did hold KY to 26 points in 2nd half. I know the most talented team won but they didn't destroy anybody.
I think they were point shaving...

Old 04-04-2012, 09:52 AM

5,765 posts, read 10,995,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockChalk528808 View Post
Agreed. KU missed 12 layups and two dunks which is just straight unlucky. if they make even half those, it is an entirely different game. KU had their chances to win and wasnt able to make the shots fall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball