U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-06-2012, 02:52 PM
 
Location: Lake Arlington Heights, IL
5,481 posts, read 10,419,208 times
Reputation: 2794

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
I see a lot of talk about the greatness of certain teams and certain players that are playing today .. which brings me to a couple of questions:

1) Could the Michael Jordan 'Championship Bulls' team of the 80's .. soundly beat most of the teams today?

2) Would you swap 'any' player today, on 'any' team for Jordan at his prime?

3) Being 'originally' from floor-e-duh .. Who would have taken the best out of seven games .. Today's Miami Heat or the Bulls of the Jordan era?

Oh! Oh! Almost forgot .. Jordan or LeBron? .. (You fill in the blank )
1) Absolutely yes.
2) NO
3) Da Bulls
4) Jordan, or even a Kobe in his prime!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-06-2012, 06:22 PM
 
Location: Chesterfield,Virginia
4,923 posts, read 4,102,386 times
Reputation: 2637
Thanks you guys!

I am learning and I 'knew' that this was the place to ask!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2012, 11:23 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
2,884 posts, read 5,187,680 times
Reputation: 2731
I don't think people at the time realized how killer those bulls teams were. You knew you were watching something special, but now seeing the NBA the way it is.....it was *very* special.

-Kukoc? Could easily be an all star today. I don't think he had the room on those bulls teams to show everything he had.

-Ron Harper. Very, very solid role player. He could still produce problems today.

-Rodman? Incredible intensity, hustle, tenacity.

He needs to open the Dennis Rodman school of hustle, a lot of teams could use him today

Then you've got these crazy outside shooters....Kerr, Paxson, Hodges? Good luck trying to guard them all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2012, 11:54 PM
 
Location: Chesterfield,Virginia
4,923 posts, read 4,102,386 times
Reputation: 2637
Quote:
Originally Posted by John23 View Post
I don't think people at the time realized how killer those bulls teams were. You knew you were watching something special, but now seeing the NBA the way it is.....it was *very* special.

-Kukoc? Could easily be an all star today. I don't think he had the room on those bulls teams to show everything he had.

-Ron Harper. Very, very solid role player. He could still produce problems today.

-Rodman? Incredible intensity, hustle, tenacity.

He needs to open the Dennis Rodman school of hustle, a lot of teams could use him today

Then you've got these crazy outside shooters....Kerr, Paxson, Hodges? Good luck trying to guard them all.
Jordan still looks like he could play!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2012, 10:09 PM
 
Location: BMORE!
7,762 posts, read 6,177,520 times
Reputation: 3607
The 90's Bulls >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Status: "Warrior fan no matter the roster" (set 1 day ago)
 
Location: Springfield, Ohio
12,221 posts, read 10,451,669 times
Reputation: 11237
It depends on the rules....the game was much more physical in the 80s & 90s than it is today. Players had much more leeway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2012, 10:47 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,422,053 times
Reputation: 9451
I would have liked to see how the 1998 Bulls matched up with the 2001 Sixers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2012, 05:50 PM
 
52,104 posts, read 41,928,321 times
Reputation: 32517
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I would have liked to see how the 1998 Bulls matched up with the 2001 Sixers
Slaughter of the Sixers. 2001 was a REALLY weak year for the east and the 76ers snuck through to get crushed by Shaq and his assorted cast of whatever. (This is the series where Kobe was still very young and didn't even play in a game. I think Shaq averaged something like 35-15 with 60% FG. )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2012, 06:03 PM
 
Location: Earth
3,653 posts, read 3,887,793 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I would have liked to see how the 1998 Bulls matched up with the 2001 Sixers
What makes this such a compelling matchup for you? That Sixers team, along with the 2002/2003 Nets and 2007 Cavs, was probably the worst eastern conference finalist in the last decade. Allen Iverson, an aging Mutumbo and a cast of defensive role players. It would have been a massacre, and I say that taking into account that the 1998 Bulls were the worst version of that 90s Chicago dynasty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2012, 07:05 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,422,053 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
What makes this such a compelling matchup for you? That Sixers team, along with the 2002/2003 Nets and 2007 Cavs, was probably the worst eastern conference finalist in the last decade. Allen Iverson, an aging Mutumbo and a cast of defensive role players. It would have been a massacre, and I say that taking into account that the 1998 Bulls were the worst version of that 90s Chicago dynasty.
Because the Iverson of 2001 was unstoppable and that was proven in the Raptors and Bucks series that year. Teams tried everything but he could not be stopped and that's why that 2001 76ers team will always be remembered in this city
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top