U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 07:12 PM

4,923 posts, read 4,112,400 times

Advertisements

I see a lot of talk about the greatness of certain teams and certain players that are playing today .. which brings me to a couple of questions:

1) Could the Michael Jordan 'Championship Bulls' team of the 80's .. soundly beat most of the teams today?

2) Would you swap 'any' player today, on 'any' team for Jordan at his prime?

3) Being 'originally' from floor-e-duh .. Who would have taken the best out of seven games .. Today's Miami Heat or the Bulls of the Jordan era?

Oh! Oh! Almost forgot .. Jordan or LeBron? .. (You fill in the blank )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 07:14 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,384,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
I see a lot of talk about the greatness of certain teams and certain players that are playing today .. which brings me to a couple of questions:

1) Could the Michael Jordan 'Championship Bulls' team of the 80's .. soundly beat most of the teams today?

3) Being 'originally' from floor-e-duh .. Who would have taken the best out of seven games .. Today's Miami Heat or the Bulls of the Jordan era?

The Bulls didnt win any titles in the 80s

Old 04-05-2012, 07:22 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,232,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
LMAO!

seems rather trollish doesnt it?

Old 04-05-2012, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Did I give myself away as a NooB to roundball!?

I do that when I don't check with Google first!

Well .. Whatever year(s) it was .. The questions are valid!

Old 04-05-2012, 11:19 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,901,056 times
jordan or lebron huh... and you're not trolling... the g.o.a.t or lebrick. what a joke

Old 04-06-2012, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
jordan or lebron huh... and you're not trolling... the g.o.a.t or lebrick. what a joke
Could you give that to me .. in english please?
G.O.A.T?

BTW: Do you folks on the 'sports' forum ever 'research' a posters history 'before' you label someone a troll?

You could make what was supposed to be a cordial thread into something .. rather ugly!

This was an honest attempt to get a 'conversation' going about 'basketball' .. not an attempt to get a flame war going!

(Of course .. If you insist! )

Old 04-06-2012, 08:00 AM

52,281 posts, read 42,065,345 times
Quote:

Take a good hard look at this roster....that won 72 games and waltzed through the playoffs.

Jordan - best guard in NBA history, better than anyone on the Heat.
Pippen - About even with Wade, could guard Lebron. Ranked one of top 50 players all-time.
Rodman - He would make Bosh very quiet in any series.
Harper - Very very solid 2-guard converted to PG.
Longley - Average center, big body. In this era of small centers he'd probably be above average.

Bench:
Kerr- Um, he had a career 3-pt % of 45.4% (NBA record) and shot 52.4% one season (NBA record). So good luck double teaming.
Kukoc - NBA 6th man of the year, easily a good starter on most NBA teams.
John Sally plus others.....

P.S. The Bulls had 3 guys on the all-nba defensive 1st team that season.
2 1st team all-nba and the 6th man and the coach of the year.....LMAO.

You should go read up via wiki, you may find it interesting.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Could you give that to me .. in english please?
G.O.A.T?
GOAT is an acronym for Greatest of All Time.

The HOF is littered with guys that the Bulls chewed through in the playoffs and they were 6 of 6 in their finals appearances.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:15 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,232,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Take a good hard look at this roster....that won 72 games and waltzed through the playoffs.

Jordan - best guard in NBA history, better than anyone on the Heat.
Pippen - About even with Wade, could guard Lebron. Ranked one of top 50 players all-time.
Rodman - He would make Bosh very quiet in any series.
Harper - Very very solid 2-guard converted to PG.
Longley - Average center, big body. In this era of small centers he'd probably be above average.

Bench:
Kerr- Um, he had a career 3-pt % of 45.4% (NBA record) and shot 52.4% one season (NBA record). So good luck double teaming.
Kukoc - NBA 6th man of the year, easily a good starter on most NBA teams.
John Sally plus others.....

P.S. The Bulls had 3 guys on the all-nba defensive 1st team that season.
2 1st team all-nba and the 6th man and the coach of the year.....LMAO.

You should go read up via wiki, you may find it interesting.

And this is a huge reason I don't give Phil nearly as much credit as others. Was it pj or mj++

Old 04-06-2012, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
And this is a huge reason I don't give Phil nearly as much credit as others. Was it pj or mj++
Impossible to answer, I would add to that discussion the *hated* Jerry Krause whom got Kukoc with a worthless draft pick, whom jockeyed to get Pippen and Grant in the same draft and took Pippen much higher than early projections....whom got Rodman for Will Perdue.

Oh, he got Kerr and Ron Harper up off the scrap heap too.

Everyone played their part and did a very good job of it.

Jackson was never the strongest X's and O's guy....that was Tex Winter whom also went into the HOF. However, he did a really nice job of dealing with the egos and having the team work together. His work with keeping Rodman on keel during his time there was excellent.

I guess that if I have a team with some difficult personalities and lots of talent he'd be a great choice. Which is what he did with the Lakers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball