U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 08:53 PM
JJG

13,247 posts, read 19,171,479 times

Advertisements

Only ONE thing to say to this....

http://gifninja.com/animatedgifs/119432/buh-bye.gif (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2012, 09:51 PM

8,163 posts, read 13,179,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post

He's been in the league long enough to know that players get traded... The NBA is a business before anything else. the man was making $10M or so as a salary. Being a commodity for the team to trade comes with that insane salary

and his agent WARNED him beforehand that he was more than likely gonna be traded!!!

So to get all sensisitive like the Lakers did him dirty is utterly ridiculous. Grow up Lamar...

And don't give me his home life situation. EVERY human being deals with tragedy and unfortunate situations. The strong, man up and handle them, obviously he is weak.
What do you mean, dont give you? No one can be in someone elses head. Obviously he is alot more immature and weak than we thought. I guess he wants to run home to his Kardashian.

Old 04-09-2012, 10:22 PM

904 posts, read 1,634,640 times
I think he'll take less money to either get back with the Lakers or get on the Clippers. I think he just wants to be in Los Angeles. He has his rings so he doesn't need to go to an immediate contender. I think he just wants to play near friends and family in an environment he's comfortable in.

Old 04-09-2012, 10:25 PM

8,531 posts, read 8,871,044 times
^doubt it with Lakers, and its not like he was a career Laker. Theres a reason why they didnt want him. And clearly it played out in Dallas this season. The organization in Dallas and the players have stuck by him, but they couldnt keep him for a playoff run. Next year, he"ll get a shot somewhere, but it will be a big gamble for whomever....

Old 04-09-2012, 10:30 PM

904 posts, read 1,634,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
^doubt it with Lakers, and its not like he was a career Laker. Theres a reason why they didnt want him. And clearly it played out in Dallas this season. The organization in Dallas and the players have stuck by him, but they couldnt keep him for a playoff run. Next year, he"ll get a shot somewhere, but it will be a big gamble for whomever....
Maybe not with the Lakers, I can buy that and you bring up a solid point. But I don't think he's leaving Dallas due to an attitude or anything like some have suggested. I think he's just emotionally not there due to everything that happened last off season. Forget the trade, its expected, but the deaths he experienced last off season and the fact he's shipped into a totally new environment I think has taken a toll on him. He thought about taking a break from basketball after last season. Maybe he should have.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:08 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,276,243 times
They were talking about signing Odom to the Knicks today on ESPN NY so he can come off the bench in the playoffs

Old 04-10-2012, 04:41 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,193,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
They were talking about signing Odom to the Knicks today on ESPN NY so he can come off the bench in the playoffs
whom ever said that is a pure 100% idiot!

dallas did not release odom they have only put him on the inactive list until his contract is up. second even if they had released him, it is past the deadline for signing waived players so the knicks would not be able to sign him to play in the playoffs even if they came to an agreement last week.

Old 04-10-2012, 04:39 PM

758 posts, read 1,035,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Only ONE thing to say to this....
Cute girl!

Old 04-10-2012, 04:40 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,276,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
whom ever said that is a pure 100% idiot!

dallas did not release odom they have only put him on the inactive list until his contract is up. second even if they had released him, it is past the deadline for signing waived players so the knicks would not be able to sign him to play in the playoffs even if they came to an agreement last week.
Oh Ok, I thought he was released too but it was still crazy to suggest that the Knicks sign him for the playoffs on ESPN Radio.

Old 04-10-2012, 06:54 PM

51,883 posts, read 41,765,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Whomever said that needs another lobotomy.

Odom CANNOT play for any teams the rest of the season. April fools joke I'm guessing?

Probably some call-in bandwagon becky Knicks fan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball