U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-10-2012, 06:57 PM
 
51,931 posts, read 41,798,494 times
Reputation: 32400

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
^doubt it with Lakers, and its not like he was a career Laker. Theres a reason why they didnt want him. And clearly it played out in Dallas this season. The organization in Dallas and the players have stuck by him, but they couldnt keep him for a playoff run. Next year, he"ll get a shot somewhere, but it will be a big gamble for whomever....
They dumped odom because he was already mentally fragile and freaked over the botched trade. IMO.

I seriously doubt he will be back.

Might just take next years 8mil and retire.

Divorce from Meaty Kardashian in 3....2.....1......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-10-2012, 06:58 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Whomever said that needs another lobotomy.

Odom CANNOT play for any teams the rest of the season. April fools joke I'm guessing?

Probably some call-in bandwagon becky Knicks fan.

Can't remember his name but he is on ESPN NY Radio between 3pm and 5pm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2012, 07:01 PM
 
51,931 posts, read 41,798,494 times
Reputation: 32400
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Can't remember his name but he is on ESPN NY Radio between 3pm and 5pm
He shouldn't be covering the NBA if he doesn't know basic Sheet like that.

I got spoiled ready Lacy Banks of the Chicago Sun Times. RIP Lacy, Helluva sports writer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2012, 10:10 PM
JL
 
7,352 posts, read 11,883,509 times
Reputation: 7198
He is an LA lifer. He breathes Los Angeles only. I bet when he played for the Lakers and during their road trips, Lamar probably cried himself to sleep in his hotel room for 41 games out of the season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2012, 11:18 AM
 
51,931 posts, read 41,798,494 times
Reputation: 32400
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
He is an LA lifer. He breathes Los Angeles only. I bet when he played for the Lakers and during their road trips, Lamar probably cried himself to sleep in his hotel room for 41 games out of the season.
Maybe he will join the Clippers for something like the veterans exception.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2012, 05:46 PM
JL
 
7,352 posts, read 11,883,509 times
Reputation: 7198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Maybe he will join the Clippers for something like the veterans exception.
Likely since he burned his bridge with the Lakers unless Kobe can convince him and management for Lamar to return next season. I just don't see him leaving Los Angeles plus other teams would be reluctant to pursue him knowing he has alot of things going on there(tv show in LA, clothing line, etc.) He might pull this stunt again.

The other day, his show appeared on the E channel and the episode was the one where he got traded to the Hornets. It showed him couped up in his home lying on the couch feeling pity for himself and not answering the doorbell when his friend came to visit. He then called his wife about wanting to leave LA since they didn't want him by trading him in the first place. It also showed his wife finding a rental home in Dallas like 5 minutes from American Airlines arena so that he could go to practice and be near the Mavericks. It showed him coming home after practice just laying on the couch doing nothing and complaining about body aches, etc....pretty lazy and lackluster attitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-11-2012, 05:54 PM
 
51,931 posts, read 41,798,494 times
Reputation: 32400
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Likely since he burned his bridge with the Lakers unless Kobe can convince him and management for Lamar to return next season. I just don't see him leaving Los Angeles plus other teams would be reluctant to pursue him knowing he has alot of things going on there(tv show in LA, clothing line, etc.) He might pull this stunt again.

The other day, his show appeared on the E channel and the episode was the one where he got traded to the Hornets. It showed him couped up in his home lying on the couch feeling pity for himself and not answering the doorbell when his friend came to visit. He then called his wife about wanting to leave LA since they didn't want him by trading him in the first place. It also showed his wife finding a rental home in Dallas like 5 minutes from American Airlines arena so that he could go to practice and be near the Mavericks. It showed him coming home after practice just laying on the couch doing nothing and complaining about body aches, etc....pretty lazy and lackluster attitude.
I think Kobe has less and less pull with the Lakers.

I don't think we will ever see Lamar there again and he is obviously having issues, perhaps with depression so I have sympathy for the guy. I can see him doing the veterans thing like D-fish and land for vet min with a contender with a weak bench like Miami etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2012, 04:50 AM
 
Location: H-town, TX.
3,436 posts, read 5,781,936 times
Reputation: 2129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
What do you mean, dont give you? No one can be in someone elses head. Obviously he is alot more immature and weak than we thought. I guess he wants to run home to his Kardashian.
Well, "we" badly overestimated him then.

I'm still wondering if he EVER set foot in a classroom on his way to getting UNLV and Rhode Island in trouble before he hot-stepped it to the NBA...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2012, 10:06 AM
JJG
 
Location: Fort Worth
13,247 posts, read 19,179,706 times
Reputation: 7005
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDFreaker View Post
Cute girl!
Yep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2012, 03:59 PM
 
Location: Here or There
3,960 posts, read 2,512,283 times
Reputation: 1655
Im not sure why anyone is really surprised...Odom has always been soft, and always been an underachiever. I think the only reason he succeeded with the Lakers was Kobe and Phil. This really isnt news, and really isnt surprising.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top