Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 11:02 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,894,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Yeah, that whole episode was just.... surreal.

The whole time I'm watching this, I'm thinkin': "Someone's about to (literally) cry."

Yea... I was kinda upset they did not discuss any of the big sports stories like Petrino, Guillen, or Brees AT ALL!!! Like why are we watching them talk about each other?

It goes to show you that the reporters/journalists/analysts or whatever they wanna call themselves think they are the attraction!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 11:06 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,893,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Yea... I was kinda upset they did not discuss any of the big sports stories like Petrino, Guillen, or Brees AT ALL!!! Like why are we watching them talk about each other?

It goes to show you that the reporters/journalists/analysts or whatever they wanna call themselves think they are the attraction!
They did at least talk about Guillen. But it was a blip compared to the Dr. Phil-esqe stuff afterwards.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:53 AM

2,217 posts, read 3,899,460 times
Quote:
Stephen A and Skip were yelling and screaming the whole time while Jalen was calm and lucid. Not sure how you got him being an idiot out of that... maybe you are not sure what the word means.

And what was Jalen crying about? I must have missed that... Skip was the one who was being a crying baby. He was literally tearing up. He can dish it but couldnt handle it himself.

And Steven A said he agreed with Jalen on the the media needing to stop the "name-calling" or "bullying" several times...

As for Cris Carter, he did not agree with Jalen, Skip, or Stephen because that's not what he was on there to discuss.

The whole debate was ridiculous... because they only reason they were having it was because Skip's feelings were hurt the day before when Jalen asked him did he average 1.4 pts a game his senior year. Here's the transcript...

Did you average 1.4 points points as a senior?” Rose questioned.
“Yeah, yeah, I did,” a dejected Bayless admitted. “We’ll address that later.”
Rose continued by asking: “So all of that Pistol Pete stuff? Yeah, (more like) Water Pistol Pete Jr. Did you play JV as a junior?”
To which Bayless again admitted: “Yeah, I did.”
Well you need to watch again Jalen acted like a moron. He would not let anyone else speak. They tried to move on but he kept running his bloody mouth. He tried to call Skip a liar on public TV, how do you expect him to act. Again Skip never lied, thats the point.
Jalen Rose= Epic Fail

Old 04-12-2012, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUMRE75 View Post
Well you need to watch again Jalen acted like a moron. He would not let anyone else speak. They tried to move on but he kept running his bloody mouth. He tried to call Skip a liar on public TV, how do you expect him to act. Again Skip never lied, thats the point.
Jalen Rose= Epic Fail
You really drink the kool-aid dont you?

Where in that transcript did he call Skip a liar? Skip said Jalen called him a liar but Jalen just asked him a question.

ok... let's make a wager.

You find the "transcript" where Jalen Rose called skip a liar and I will never post on this "Skip vs Jalen" thread again... If you cannot find it, you never post on this "Skip vs Jalen" thread.

deal?

Old 04-12-2012, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
They did at least talk about Guillen. But it was a blip compared to the Dr. Phil-esqe stuff afterwards.

I must have missed that.... I only saw them talk about the Celts vs Heat then on to the Dr. Phil shenanigans. The only reason I kept watching is because I thought they were going to get back to sports stories at some point. But I was dupped. lol...

Old 04-12-2012, 07:57 AM

2,217 posts, read 3,899,460 times
Quote:
I must have missed that.... I only saw them talk about the Celts vs Heat then on to the Dr. Phil shenanigans. The only reason I kept watching is because I thought they were going to get back to sports stories at some point. But I was dupped. lol...
Exactly, the whole thing was a flame war that should have ended much quicker. I wanted to here about Petrino, and other topics. I think the show is to influenced by social media like twitter. Twitter is truly a gift and a curse.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUMRE75 View Post
Exactly, the whole thing was a flame war that should have ended much quicker. I wanted to here about Petrino, and other topics. I think the show is to influenced by social media like twitter. Twitter is truly a gift and a curse.
yea Jay kept referring the people on twitter liking the discussion so thats why he decided to stay with it...

makes me wanna throw up! The whole show was messed up. ESPN should fine them!!! lol

Old 04-12-2012, 12:14 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,149,530 times
The whole media of sports is getting rediculous. I don't hate Skip. But I will say that he takes his job way to serious. He did look like he was going to cry. I guess he can give it, but he sure can't take it. He sure had an excuse for everything though didn't he. I left after the first hour of first take yesterday. I just couldn't take anymore. That shows getting tiring anyways. They went overboard this year with the whole "Tebow" thing non stop..I mean, we get it, you all have a crush on Timmy...I don't hate sports anaylists. I just think "some" of them come off like "No it alls". Your jobs not that difficult. I feel like I could analyze sports better than most of them. And I too was a wrestler, but who played countless hours of basketball in the summer, etc..

I just think in the end if Skip can continually give it, he should learn to take it..Why we had to hear him defend himself for over an hour is beyond me..Skip-reality check. Your not that important. No one cares if you were a good basketball player or not. No one cares if your coach liked you. Most of us don't like you. Your ego's almost as big as an NBA player.. I didn't understand Jalen's defending of Kwame Brown though. I mean seriously, has there ever been a bigger bust as far as a first overall pick. I think the analysts where spot on in regard to him. Your getting payed all that money and you don't work on improving the areas of your game that need improving (which for him is almost every area). When such is the case-you should be called out..

Old 04-12-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
I didn't understand Jalen's defending of Kwame Brown though. I mean seriously, has there ever been a bigger bust as far as a first overall pick. I think the analysts where spot on in regard to him. Your getting payed all that money and you don't work on improving the areas of your game that need improving (which for him is almost every area). When such is the case-you should be called out..
Yea... Jalen did not articulate his point well about Kwame Brown being a "scrub". he should have left that part alone. You could tell he was not prepared to speak on that part.

He was trying to use that as part of the personal argument but saying he is a scrub IS about his performance on the court. so he was flustered on that point...

Old 04-12-2012, 03:05 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,893,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
The whole media of sports is getting rediculous. I don't hate Skip. But I will say that he takes his job way to serious. He did look like he was going to cry. I guess he can give it, but he sure can't take it. He sure had an excuse for everything though didn't he. I left after the first hour of first take yesterday. I just couldn't take anymore. That shows getting tiring anyways. They went overboard this year with the whole "Tebow" thing non stop..I mean, we get it, you all have a crush on Timmy...I don't hate sports anaylists. I just think "some" of them come off like "No it alls". Your jobs not that difficult. I feel like I could analyze sports better than most of them. And I too was a wrestler, but who played countless hours of basketball in the summer, etc..
I knew I wasn't the only one who thought he was just about to open the eye flood gates up there.

Skip does take it too seriously, but then agan, Bill O and Keith O both take their jobs EXTRA seriously as commentators, and that's just what rakes in the cash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball