U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 05:31 PM

210 posts, read 214,296 times

Advertisements

Jalen Rose calls out Skip Bayless on air for his trumped up high school history (VIDEO) | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports
Skip Bayless lied about his prestigious high school basketball career | The Lost Ogle

I love it because Ive always hated that whiny complaining feminine man. All he does is scream in a high pitch voice and slam some of the greatest players of all time. Recently he went on a tirade on Twitter about how he was an All American high school basketball star who started every game as a PG on a team that went to state finals, well now the truth comes out. Bayless played JV his junior year (hahah who does that?) and his only year of Varsity, his senor year he only PLAYED IN 14 out of 22 games and averaged a whopping 1.4 points per game.

His stats are really funny when compared with his teammates.

LOL, he was the worst player on the team. I'm glad he got exposed, I wonder if he will still debate All Stars on technicalities of the game and call future hall of famers childish names.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 05:45 PM

51,874 posts, read 41,765,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorblade View Post
Jalen Rose calls out Skip Bayless on air for his trumped up high school history (VIDEO) | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports
Skip Bayless lied about his prestigious high school basketball career | The Lost Ogle

I love it because Ive always hated that whiny complaining feminine man. All he does is scream in a high pitch voice and slam some of the greatest players of all time. Recently he went on a tirade on Twitter about how he was an All American high school basketball star who started every game as a PG on a team that went to state finals, well now the truth comes out. Bayless played JV his junior year (hahah who does that?) and his only year of Varsity, his senor year he only PLAYED IN 14 out of 22 games and averaged a whopping 1.4 points per game.

His stats are really funny when compared with his teammates.

LOL, he was the worst player on the team. I'm glad he got exposed, I wonder if he will still debate All Stars on technicalities of the game and call future hall of famers childish names.
Well, it sure makes him look stupid.

I would comment however that I never ever ever played organized basketball, I was a wrestler. However....20 years + of following the NBA and a keen analytical mind make me more insightful than many of the arsehats around ESPN.

Good post.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:16 PM

210 posts, read 214,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Well, it sure makes him look stupid.

I would comment however that I never ever ever played organized basketball, I was a wrestler. However....20 years + of following the NBA and a keen analytical mind make me more insightful than many of the arsehats around ESPN.

Good post.
Yeah but in those 20+ years have you ever proclaimed yourself to be a HS b-ball star that led your team to state finals when in reality you have the lowest scorer on the entire team who played the least minutes? lol.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:42 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,412,488 times
Skip was so hurt by Jalen that they did an ENTIRE show today on First Take about what Jalen brought up.

Skip had the nerve to say he went to far because it was personal... isnt that what Skip does every day?

Last edited by Mr. GE; 04-11-2012 at 08:07 PM..

Old 04-11-2012, 07:57 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,361,809 times
Yeah, if anyone deserves to get embarrassed like that, it's Skip.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:09 PM

16,521 posts, read 20,964,213 times
Anyone who has read my recent commentary on ESPN knows where I stand with this carnival atmosphere they get involved in. I'll take a peek at the video later, I just get tired of the Bayless, Berman, Smith, etc., etc., bloviating machine.

Thanks for the "heads up" Razorblade!

1.4 points a game. Good grief!

Old 04-11-2012, 09:15 PM

2,145 posts, read 3,031,372 times
I think Jalen Rose is a cry baby. No one agreeded with him. Just because you haven't played sports at the highest level doesn't mean you can't evaluate talent. He made a fool of himself because Skip never lied. Steven A. Smith and Skip Bayless tells it like it is, and some of these sensitive athletes can't deal with it. Even Chris Carter did not agree with this idiot. Espn just hires anybody. Jalen will never go far because he will be too worried about what people will be saying about him. I know Skip isn't perfect, but he does his job very well, love or hate him. I love analyst like Skip and Steven A, because they are not scripted and politicaly correct. Jalen Rose sounds like a robot analysing a game. Jalen took a shot at Shack about his weight and Shack got his famous amnesia. When asked about Jalen Shack comicaly stated I don't know that name. Yes I hate this guy so much! 0 respect.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:24 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,888,899 times
the 'discussion' today was ridiculous. jalen rose was essentially saying that if you aren't in the NBA you can't call kwame brown a bum, because since he's in the NBA, by default he's some superior athlete beyond reproach. give me a break. kwame brown is a bum, he's fat and lazy and has done nothing to improve his game. so if skip or steven a smith wana call him a bum let them.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:48 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,412,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUMRE75 View Post
I think Jalen Rose is a cry baby. No one agreeded with him. Just because you haven't played sports at the highest level doesn't mean you can't evaluate talent. He made a fool of himself because Skip never lied. Steven A. Smith and Skip Bayless tells it like it is, and some of these sensitive athletes can't deal with it. Even Chris Carter did not agree with this idiot. Espn just hires anybody. Jalen will never go far because he will be too worried about what people will be saying about him. I know Skip isn't perfect, but he does his job very well, love or hate him. I love analyst like Skip and Steven A, because they are not scripted and politicaly correct. Jalen Rose sounds like a robot analysing a game. Jalen took a shot at Shack about his weight and Shack got his famous amnesia. When asked about Jalen Shack comicaly stated I don't know that name. Yes I hate this guy so much! 0 respect.
Stephen A and Skip were yelling and screaming the whole time while Jalen was calm and lucid. Not sure how you got him being an idiot out of that... maybe you are not sure what the word means.

And what was Jalen crying about? I must have missed that... Skip was the one who was being a crying baby. He was literally tearing up. He can dish it but couldnt handle it himself.

And Steven A said he agreed with Jalen on the the media needing to stop the "name-calling" or "bullying" several times...

As for Cris Carter, he did not agree with Jalen, Skip, or Stephen because that's not what he was on there to discuss.

The whole debate was ridiculous... because they only reason they were having it was because Skip's feelings were hurt the day before when Jalen asked him did he average 1.4 pts a game his senior year. Here's the transcript...

Did you average 1.4 points points as a senior?” Rose questioned.
“Yeah, yeah, I did,” a dejected Bayless admitted. “We’ll address that later.”
Rose continued by asking: “So all of that Pistol Pete stuff? Yeah, (more like) Water Pistol Pete Jr. Did you play JV as a junior?”
To which Bayless again admitted: “Yeah, I did.”

Last edited by Mr. GE; 04-11-2012 at 10:57 PM..

Old 04-11-2012, 10:53 PM
JJG

13,247 posts, read 19,171,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Stephen A and Skip were yelling and screaming the whole time while Jalen was calm and lucid. Not sure how you got him being an idiot out of that... maybe you are not sure what the word means.

And what was Jalen crying about? I must have missed that... Skip was the one who was being a crying baby. He can dish it but couldnt handle it himself.

And Steven A said he agreed with Jalen on the the media needing to stop the "name-calling" or "bullying" several times...

As for Cris Carter, he did not agree with Jalen, Skip, or Stephen because that's not what he was on there to discuss.

The whole debate was ridiculous... because they only reason they were having it was because Skip's feelings were hurt the day before when Jalen asked him was did he average 1.4 pts a game his senior year. Here's the transcript...

Did you average 1.4 points points as a senior?” Rose questioned.
“Yeah, yeah, I did,” a dejected Bayless admitted. “We’ll address that later.”
Rose continued by asking: “So all of that Pistol Pete stuff? Yeah, (more like) Water Pistol Pete Jr. Did you play JV as a junior?”
To which Bayless again admitted: “Yeah, I did.”

Yeah, that whole episode was just.... surreal.

The whole time I'm watching this, I'm thinkin': "Someone's about to (literally) cry."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball