U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-17-2012, 09:48 AM

7,967 posts, read 5,405,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
on the other hand it was a narrow win over the nets. a nets team with no dwill, no farmar, no lopez, and no gerald wallace. even with dwade sitting that should have never even been a question mark game. the heat almost lost that game and lebron had to pull 17 points out of his backside in the 4th against inferior competition to win that game.
Exactly! This guy is grasping and doesn't want to accept the truth.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 10:29 AM

30,927 posts, read 19,169,755 times
Quote:
on the other hand it was a narrow win over the nets. a nets team with no dwill, no farmar, no lopez, and no gerald wallace. even with dwade sitting that should have never even been a question mark game. the heat almost lost that game and lebron had to pull 17 points out of his backside in the 4th against inferior competition to win that game.
Now go back and read the original thesis of the thread.

Then come back and read all the excuses I'm hearing about why THIS performance doesn't count.....but if he hits a key 3 and then 1/2 FT's in a loss.....it's proof he's a choker and deservers a whole thread about it.

My entire bump was just bait to show how ludicrous and arbitrary the singling out of a game or a moment here or there that supports someone's viewpoint....and then anything that doesn't support the viewpoint is just discarded.

Hey, I've agreed with some of the criticisms of Lebron I just find the mental gymnastics of this thread funny and can't help but poke at them.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtitans View Post
Exactly! This guy is grasping and doesn't want to accept the truth.
I seen tighter logic and coherency from birthers raging about Obama.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:36 AM

5,619 posts, read 4,078,164 times
I have admittedly only followed part of this tread, I get the just of it. Part of my point was not so much on lebron but more on the heat as a team. Lebron should have never been in the positions he has been thrust into because his "superior" team should not be letting him down. Case in point, the spurs played an equally inferior team in golden state last night and the game was not even as close as the 21 point win indicates. Now if the game had ended like the heat/nets with manu or tony scoring 17 in the 4th the whole nba world would be blowing up how old the fraudulent spurs really are. Instead lebron is a hero because he rescued his team from losing to garbage time nets

Old 04-17-2012, 11:38 AM

7,967 posts, read 5,405,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I seen tighter logic and coherency from birthers raging about Obama.
He had no pressure on him last night. New Jersey wasn't a big opponent for them. Playing against Chicago was HUGE!!! That was the biggest game of the year so far. Think about it like this, if they would have won that game, they would be 1.5 games behind Chicago with an injured Rose and Deng. Beating New Jersey isn't a big deal because it was expected. If he wants to get applause, beat someone that really matters in a big moment on a consistent basis. That is greatness!

Let me put this in greater perspective, my Wizards beat the Bulls last night. The score was almost exactly the same, 83-81 at the end of the game and this time John Wall went to the free throw line. He hit both free throws and CJ Watson came down and his another 3, so it was 85-84 and Chicago didn't score again so his 3 was insignificant. The exact same thing would have happened on Thursday if James hit both free throws. There is simply no way you can compare beating the Bulls to beating the New Jersey Nets, that have half the number of wins as the Heat and they were missing 2 of their top 3 players. Come on, son. No one is saying he can't play, we're just saying he's not clutch.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
I have admittedly only followed part of this tread, I get the just of it. Part of my point was not so much on lebron but more on the heat as a team. Lebron should have never been in the positions he has been thrust into because his "superior" team should not be letting him down. Case in point, the spurs played an equally inferior team in golden state last night and the game was not even as close as the 21 point win indicates. Now if the game had ended like the heat/nets with manu or tony scoring 17 in the 4th the whole nba world would be blowing up how old the fraudulent spurs really are. Instead lebron is a hero because he rescued his team from losing to garbage time nets
He scored the last 17pts in the game in the last 4-5minutes to come from behind for the road win against a hot shooting home team.

But it doesn't count because of blah blah blah.

But the one game where he made 1/2 FT's and a huge 3 counts as him choking.

LMAO.

This thread is starting to remind me more and more of the old "big shot bob" thread where people only wanted to count the big shots he hit and ignore things like the year he shot the Lakers out of the playoffs.

Old 04-17-2012, 01:11 PM

2,671 posts, read 2,162,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiansheng_g View Post
Lebron is the real deal. The only thing he hasn't done is win a the title. In Cleveland he had sub par coaching and sub par teammates. In Miami he is still affected by a very sub par coach (the guy hasn't figured out the proper substitute rotation yet and the playoffs are twelve days away), but has very good teammates with Bosh and Wade.

Blame the coach and general manager if the Heat don't win the title. Pat Riley things he's the greatest coach in the world, but he forgets he was surrounded with exceptional athletes in LA, NY and MIA. He has had the great fortune to have coached at least ten Hall of Fame players and a plethora of All Stars.

Basically blame everybody but Lebron. I agree, last year Wade and Lebron were to Blame. But Lebron more. Look at his fourth quarter average in the finals..

And to the poster who said you don't know these players personally so you cannot like or dislike them. That's b.s. to me. We don't have to know anyone personally. Most people are smart enough to gather enough evidence from interviews, things said, things done, etc to garner a fair opinion about anyone. Plus, there is some truth that sometimes we just don't like people for the way they look. It's a proven fact. We can almost look at someone within the first seven seconds to decide wheather we like them or not.

As far as Lebron scoring 17 straight points against Jersey. It doesn't impress me at all. He seen Wade take over against the Knicks a few nights before and had to hear about it over and over again. So he made it his mission that night to take over against a "D" league team without all their stars playing. Not that big of a deal for me.

I think most criticism against Lebrick is warranted. He has proven time and time again that he doesn't get it done in "clutch" situations. But if anyone wants to believe otherwise. They are free to do so. Does this mean he will never get it done-no, of course not.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 04-17-2012 at 02:15 PM..

Old 04-17-2012, 03:37 PM

5,619 posts, read 4,078,164 times
Quote:
He scored the last 17pts in the game in the last 4-5minutes to come from behind for the road win against a hot shooting home team.

LMAO.

This thread is starting to remind me more and more of the old "big shot bob" thread where people only wanted to count the big shots he hit and ignore things like the year he shot the Lakers out of the playoffs.
see math your confusing me with the lebron apologists. i dont apologize for him ever with the exception that i say he didnt ask for the spot light i say he was thrust into it at a very young age and has struggled to live up to it because he was never given the chance to make his own way. you take any 18 yr old kid and start feeding him the "king" tag, or paying him the most ridiculous sums of money for things he has yet to do and see what happens, lebron or anyone else.

i say neither one counts, not the silly misses and not the 17 points in the 4th because its a team game and if your team puts you in a position to win or lose then thats the way it goes.

this is one reason i love mma/wrestling/bjj/judo/boxing and so on they are me and you. if you beat me well it wasnt my day and you where the better man that day, and if i win then i was the better man that day but no excuses, nobody to blame just me and you.

one quote i love from a fighter i dont like "if your undefeated then your fighting the wrong people".... Matt Hughes

Old 04-17-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
see math your confusing me with the lebron apologists. i dont apologize for him ever with the exception that i say he didnt ask for the spot light i say he was thrust into it at a very young age and has struggled to live up to it because he was never given the chance to make his own way. you take any 18 yr old kid and start feeding him the "king" tag, or paying him the most ridiculous sums of money for things he has yet to do and see what happens, lebron or anyone else.

i say neither one counts, not the silly misses and not the 17 points in the 4th because its a team game and if your team puts you in a position to win or lose then thats the way it goes.

this is one reason i love mma/wrestling/bjj/judo/boxing and so on they are me and you. if you beat me well it wasnt my day and you where the better man that day, and if i win then i was the better man that day but no excuses, nobody to blame just me and you.

one quote i love from a fighter i dont like "if your undefeated then your fighting the wrong people".... Matt Hughes
I agree with everything you just wrote. Sorry if my early response was poorly written, my bad.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:30 PM

3,542 posts, read 1,954,867 times
Quote:

LMAO.

I was at this game, it seemed like Lebron was more or less coasting through 3 quarter and,to his credit, turned it up big time in the forth. A few times the Nets 'defense' parted like the Red sea and Lebron waltzed into the lane. So it was a good effort on his part at the end, we do have to keep in mind that it was against a depleted Nets team who aren't exactly juggernauts even at full strength.

Another thing, is Wade injured? He was suited up last night but didn't play.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball