U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 05:22 PM

12,977 posts, read 29,710,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
What?

Kobe took 32 shots in game 5... Bynum took 10.

If he took 25 shots the Lakers wouldnt be gon fishing!
WRONG!!! Shot selection and shot distribution is paramount. Dude was trying to do it all himself instead of playing as a team. Firing up contested jumpers while double teamed instead of passing to the open BIG MAN underneath the basket is stupid, selfish and what contributed to the loss in this series. Bryant is what ranked 160th in the league in FG % while Bynum is top 5. Offense should first be ran through either of the big men; second, if guard drives to the basket, look to pass first when defenders convirge; thirdly, if driving guard has good look, take the shot. Or run a friggin play and follow it as designed instead of "Im taking this game over myself". HATE Bryant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 05:38 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,420,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
WRONG!!! Shot selection and shot distribution is paramount. Dude was trying to do it all himself instead of playing as a team. Firing up contested jumpers while double teamed instead of passing to the open BIG MAN underneath the basket is stupid, selfish and what contributed to the loss in this series. Bryant is what ranked 160th in the league in FG % while Bynum is top 5. Offense should first be ran through either of the big men; second, if guard drives to the basket, look to pass first when defenders convirge; thirdly, if driving guard has good look, take the shot. Or run a friggin play and follow it as designed instead of "Im taking this game over myself". HATE Bryant.
WRONG!!!

you just yourself. because...

He is Bryant...

Reading is fundamental... if you didnt understand you should have asked before that rant for nothing.

look up "context clues"... I think they teach them in elementary school books.

And you are the one who wrote the sentence I responded too... did you forget what you said or something? smh... Bynum was clearly the subject. So my He is Bynum... not Kobe!

You said the Lakers should sit Bynum down and tell him never to take 25 or more shots... that was the WRONG!!! statement...

Old 05-23-2012, 05:01 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,219,596 times
ha this from ron artest

Quote:
Metta on Mike Brown: "It was a drastic change and took getting used to. But at the same time, we should still be up 3-2..."
"...Mike wasn't out there guarding Kevin [Durant]. That was me. Mike didn't miss three point shot. I missed it. Mike didn't come in out of shape...""
"...Wait he did come in out of shape. Mike is a fat a$$."

Old 05-23-2012, 09:04 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,591,337 times
that's hilarious

Old 06-05-2012, 09:14 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,420,079 times
Los Angeles Lakers exercise Andrew Bynum option - ESPN Los Angeles

Old 06-05-2012, 09:20 AM

52,126 posts, read 41,961,372 times
Yep. No shocker there.

The big question is what happens after this year with Bynum.

Does he re-sign?
Do the Lakers offer him a big contract?

Old 06-05-2012, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yep. No shocker there.

The big question is what happens after this year with Bynum.

Does he re-sign?
Do the Lakers offer him a big contract?

Dudes already making to much! They will trade him if they can get dwill or Howard. If not then they sign him for 21mil

Old 06-05-2012, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Dudes already making to much! They will trade him if they can get dwill or Howard. If not then they sign him for 21mil
Look around the league, he is legitimately the 2nd best center. he makes slightly more than the next tier centers like Noah and Chandler etc. He is also only 24 years old and still getting better.

Remember, this is the guy everyone was ooohing and ahing about in this very thread. He still averaged 17-11 in the playoffs.

I personally think that Pau and Bynums production suffered in the playoffs this year because it's demoralizing to have kobe jack up shot after shot and then point the finger at everyone else.

dwill and Dwight won't fix anything for the Lakers other than they may come in and stand up to Kobe.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:21 AM

No arguing he is #2 but he is making just slightly less then Howard the only guy definitively better then him. He will get 20+ if he signs an extension. He isn't worth that kind of $$$, especially considering he has serious health issues, and is simple minded.

I don't think Howard would help as much as dwill. I also think the nets would be reluctant to sign and trade Williams but bynums "upside" (mostly his youth) may sway them. Dwill with Kobe and pau (or another decent big) would be better then the mess they have now, and likely cheaper in the long run.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
No arguing he is #2 but he is making just slightly less then Howard the only guy definitively better then him. He will get 20+ if he signs an extension. He isn't worth that kind of $$$, especially considering he has serious health issues, and is simple minded.

I don't think Howard would help as much as dwill. I also think the nets would be reluctant to sign and trade Williams but bynums "upside" (mostly his youth) may sway them. Dwill with Kobe and pau (or another decent big) would be better then the mess they have now, and likely cheaper in the long run.
Dwight isn't going to the lakers. Dwill might be just desparate enough.

The problem with the Lakers is NOT Bynum nor Gasol. Everything be discussed leaves the Lakers with Kobe shooting 25 shots at 40% efficiency....they aren't going ANYWHER with that....

Basically, what you are describing to me is like giving a kidney and lung transplant to a guy that has heart problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball