U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 07:23 AM

51,897 posts, read 41,774,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Yes, it is basically reintroducing proteins from your own blood which is just normal and perfectly fine. I just wonder about other doctors down the road that might introduce other 'chemicals' to 'dope' the blood along with healthy proteins that as a precautionary measure, the Olympics might ban it down the road. When you deal with blood, there is always an opportunity for doping. Right now, i think anyone with knee issues whether athlete or not should give it a try unless $ is an issue. My friend is seriously looking into this procedure. It works with great success. All athletes with knee issues should look into this. I'm just curious if it could lead to unscrupulous doctors trying to 'improve' the method as sophistication methods of non-detection progresses..
There will always be cheating and new methods of doing so. Too much money and national pride at stake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 08:44 AM

10,963 posts, read 8,050,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
this is so far off! do you honestly think the lakers would not take a straight up howard for bynum? the only reason they didnt land howard is because the magic refused their offer of bynum AND pua. see your just looking at pure numbers (and even fuzzy ones) and saying "but bynum is so close". those stats dont offer a view as to what howard brings. defensively howard is the 3 time running DPOY for a reason. dude blocks shots, rebounds, steals the ball, changes shots, and clears the paint against EVERYONE better then anyone. bynum is a decent defender, not on howards level. not even close.

so im still waiting on some enlightenment on where bynums upside is better then howards???? is 2 years of age? his ft shooting?
Here's why the Laker probably won't touch Dwight Howard; he's cancer in terms of team chemistry. He's basically destroyed the chemistry not only of the team but of the entire Orlando Magic organization. Anytime that a player can put a coach in an adversarial position with upper management that player has impeded the ability of that basketball organization to operate effectively. Whatever he brigs to the court in the way of talent he takes away from it by causing controversy within the Orlando Magic organization. No player is worth that type of disruption.

Put Dwight Howard in the media circus that is Los Angeles and it would just magnify the effects of what he's done in Orlando.

All things being equal with the differences in pay between both players and Bynum's continued improvement I'd just as soon stick with him.

Basketball isn't about just numbers it's about chemistry.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Here's why the Laker probably won't touch Dwight Howard; he's cancer in terms of team chemistry. He's basically destroyed the chemistry not only of the team but of the entire Orlando Magic organization. Anytime that a player can put a coach in an adversarial position with upper management that player has impeded the ability of that basketball organization to operate effectively. Whatever he brigs to the court in the way of talent he takes away from it by causing controversy within the Orlando Magic organization. No player is worth that type of disruption.

Put Dwight Howard in the media circus that is Los Angeles and it would just magnify the effects of what he's done in Orlando.

All things being equal with the differences in pay between both players and Bynum's continued improvement I'd just as soon stick with him.

Basketball isn't about just numbers it's about chemistry.
Dwight has caused FAR less of that than Kobe....who ran off the teams center....to a championship year in Miami.

....and the Pau Gasol gf incident....oh, and the colorado incident....

The management in Orlando has been HORRIFICALLY BAD....adding no real talent to him during his time there. Sorry, but Dwight has every right to be upset with them.

Imagine if the Lakers instead of getting guys like Pau to help get him to championships had instead given huge contracts to Hedo Turkolu and Gilbert Arenas?

I just find in laughable that the Magic have been one of the worst 3-4 run franchises in the NBA the past decade and it's somehow Howard's fault for being upset with them.

Old 05-03-2012, 04:38 AM

4,399 posts, read 9,053,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Dwight has caused FAR less of that than Kobe....who ran off the teams center....to a championship year in Miami.

....and the Pau Gasol gf incident....oh, and the colorado incident....

The management in Orlando has been HORRIFICALLY BAD....adding no real talent to him during his time there. Sorry, but Dwight has every right to be upset with them.

Imagine if the Lakers instead of getting guys like Pau to help get him to championships had instead given huge contracts to Hedo Turkolu and Gilbert Arenas?

I just find in laughable that the Magic have been one of the worst 3-4 run franchises in the NBA the past decade and it's somehow Howard's fault for being upset with them.
And that's as if Andrew Bynum is a an angel, his temper tantrum after taking a three this year his shot on Barea last year, and all his injuries of course.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:10 AM

Well, at least Bynum is feasting so far in the playoffs vs. arguably the worst group of centers of any playoff team.

When your starting center is Kosta Koufos.....you are screwed.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:40 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,412,837 times
Quote:
Well, at least Bynum is feasting so far in the playoffs vs. arguably the worst group of centers of any playoff team.
You ever notice that when you say something positive about him, you end it with a jab. Like a back-hand compliment... I dont even think you do it on purpose. You just dont like the kid... its funny!

Old 05-03-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
You ever notice that when you say something positive about him, you end it with a jab. Like a back-hand compliment... I dont even think you do it on purpose. You just dont like the kid... its funny!
It's called an honest assessment. Sheesh.
When you are the 2nd best center in the NBA, you are expected to whup guys like that and he is. You do NOT get a parade for averaging 19-12 against that level of opposition.

I'm not going to start frothing praise on LEbron for crushing the Knicks either, because they aren't good and he is supposed to do that to them.

Now if Bynum drops a 40-20 on them then absolutely I'd give him huge props or if he dominates Perkins in a series vs. the Thunder....but pointing out that he is beating up on crap centers isn't a dig on him...it's just sorta meh.

P.S. You've already established you have a huge Bynum bias in earlier posts, you aren't fooling any of the regulars. lol.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
It's called an honest assessment. Sheesh.
When you are the 2nd best center in the NBA, you are expected to whup guys like that and he is. You do NOT get a parade for averaging 19-12 against that level of opposition.

I'm not going to start frothing praise on LEbron for crushing the Knicks either, because they aren't good and he is supposed to do that to them.

Now if Bynum drops a 40-20 on them then absolutely I'd give him huge props or if he dominates Perkins in a series vs. the Thunder....but pointing out that he is beating up on crap centers isn't a dig on him...it's just sorta meh.

P.S. You've already established you have a huge Bynum bias in earlier posts, you aren't fooling any of the regulars. lol.
smh...

I'm just F*cking with ya... relax dude!

I actually just thought it was funny... I have no desire to debate with you about. It was genuinely funny to me. u got issues with my basketball opinions?

Last edited by Mr. GE; 05-03-2012 at 12:36 PM..

Old 05-03-2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
smh...

I actually just thought it was funny... I have no desire to debate with you about. It was genuinely funny to me. u got issues...
......talk about basketball, no personal attacks please.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
......talk about basketball, no personal attacks please.
U like this better...
Quote:
smh...

I actually just thought it was funny... I have no desire to debate with you about. It was genuinely funny to me. u got issues with me?

And even better...

Quote:
smh...

I actually just thought it was funny... I have no desire to debate with you about. It was genuinely funny to me. u got issues with my basketball opinions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball