U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 09:23 AM

297 posts, read 340,251 times

Advertisements

Bynum laid an egg yesterday. He was owned by McGee and the rookie Faried.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2012, 10:24 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,563,395 times
I was at the game last night in Denver. Andrew Bynum is one of the most immature players I've ever seen in the NBA. He's cool and calm when doing well, but as soon as he gets frustrated, he starts whining and giving up on plays.

He looks like a 15 year old kid out there. Kobe Bryant even kinda yelled at him for just giving up when he thought there was a goaltend.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:38 AM
JL

7,351 posts, read 11,880,681 times
Bynum is immature no doubt especially when the Lakers lose....can't believe he said about not being ready for game 3 the other night...making millions and not being ready....something is not right here.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:57 PM

51,901 posts, read 41,783,059 times
In fairness, some scrubs had a hot night against Bynum who still put up something like 18-13 shooting 50%.

The reason they lost was sir-chucks-alot Bryant, not Bynum.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:17 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,607,529 times
I think LA has the talent to beat Denver, and actually, they have the talent to be competitive against any team in the NBA. It's not a matter of whether LA has talent; it's about what's in their heads. They're a moody, streaky, and mentally unstable team. The sad part of watching the Lakers last year was that they basically quit on Phil Jackson in that series against Dallas. They had more or less accepted that he was a lame duck coach. San Antonio and more mature teams wouldn't have cared; they would gut it out for Popovich just as the Celtics would gut it out for Doc Rivers. But the Lakers, even when Jackson was pulling all the right strings, have always been a head case of a team, and when they melt down they flame out in ugly fashion.

I like Mike Brown and I think he's a good coach. But something tells me that if Phil Jackson couldn't handle this bunch, nobody can. I don't know if it's going to happen against Denver, or against OKC, but L.A.'s going to lose a close game and the wheels will fall off. And this team will unravel big time. And you gotta understand, I'm a Lakers homer, so it's not like I enjoy saying this stuff. But the truth is what it is.

Old 05-07-2012, 12:25 PM

155 posts, read 197,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
I don't know if it's going to happen against Denver, or against OKC, but L.A.'s going to lose a close game and the wheels will fall off. And this team will unravel big time. And you gotta understand, I'm a Lakers homer, so it's not like I enjoy saying this stuff. But the truth is what it is.
I agree with this. The problem with the Lakers start and end with Bryant. Dude put up 25 shots and only made 10 so they are lucky that they won. He more than doubled the shots of the next highest (who only had 12 shots) Shot selection should be EVEN between Bryant, Pau and Bynum. I cant stand that people think Bryant is so great when he jacks up soooo dang many shots instead of passing to WIDE OPEN Bynum or Gasol under the basket. If shot selection is even between these guys, the Lakers have a chance. If Bryant tries to do it all then they will flame out big time.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:03 PM

3,441 posts, read 5,002,397 times
Blah, blah, blah, the Lakers are up 3-1.

Maybe they won't win a championship but all that matters is that they're 3-1.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:08 PM

3,441 posts, read 5,002,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
I think LA has the talent to beat Denver, and actually, they have the talent to be competitive against any team in the NBA. It's not a matter of whether LA has talent; it's about what's in their heads. They're a moody, streaky, and mentally unstable team. The sad part of watching the Lakers last year was that they basically quit on Phil Jackson in that series against Dallas. They had more or less accepted that he was a lame duck coach. San Antonio and more mature teams wouldn't have cared; they would gut it out for Popovich just as the Celtics would gut it out for Doc Rivers. But the Lakers, even when Jackson was pulling all the right strings, have always been a head case of a team, and when they melt down they flame out in ugly fashion.

I like Mike Brown and I think he's a good coach. But something tells me that if Phil Jackson couldn't handle this bunch, nobody can. I don't know if it's going to happen against Denver, or against OKC, but L.A.'s going to lose a close game and the wheels will fall off. And this team will unravel big time. And you gotta understand, I'm a Lakers homer, so it's not like I enjoy saying this stuff. But the truth is what it is.
So what?

The Lakers have like 2 championships in the last 5 seasons.

There's a huge possibility that they won't win against Oklahoma, who cares?

This Lakers' team isn't as good as recent years.

If they don't win another championship, they only have 1 more year and 2 more years at the most to win one.

If the Spurs are so mature, then why haven't they won a championship in like 6 years?

Perhaps the Lakers have been the more mature team in the past 6 years.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:26 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,195,031 times
There are a ton of factors in the spurs not really getting over the hump. Mostly injuries. Ok 90% injuries. Manu has either played with bad injuries or missed the playoffs all together.

And there have only been 4 champs since the spurs last title. 08/09/10/11 not 6 yrs.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:29 PM

51,901 posts, read 41,783,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
So what?

The Lakers have like 2 championships in the last 5 seasons.

There's a huge possibility that they won't win against Oklahoma, who cares?

This Lakers' team isn't as good as recent years.

If they don't win another championship, they only have 1 more year and 2 more years at the most to win one.

If the Spurs are so mature, then why haven't they won a championship in like 6 years?

Perhaps the Lakers have been the more mature team in the past 6 years.
The spurs have been riddled with injuries as was Boston after their last championship.

I agree that the Laker's aren't immature, they just have no bench and IMO are not adjusting well to their current talent distribution with an aging Kobe.

I've noted this before and alluded to the Kobe-Shaq feud. There is a brewing Kobe-Bynum feud.....there is no reason for Bynum to not be getting 20+ shots a night against the crappy centers on that team. He should be scoring 30pts a night on 50% shooting and it's not his fault he isn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball