U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 05:00 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,300,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The spurs have been riddled with injuries as was Boston after their last championship.

I agree that the Laker's aren't immature, they just have no bench and IMO are not adjusting well to their current talent distribution with an aging Kobe.

I've noted this before and alluded to the Kobe-Shaq feud. There is a brewing Kobe-Bynum feud.....there is no reason for Bynum to not be getting 20+ shots a night against the crappy centers on that team. He should be scoring 30pts a night on 50% shooting and it's not his fault he isn't.
I think Steve Blake has been playing well off the bench for the Lakers and will probably be KEY if they want to get past the Thunder next round.

BTW: Artest is back in game 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 07:00 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,565,696 times
Quote:
Close-out games are actually kind of easy," Bynum said. "Teams tend to fold if you come out and play hard in the beginning, so we want to come out and establish an early lead and protect it
Embarrass yourself much, Andrew? What a moron LOL.

Seriously, how stupid can you be? You're trying to close out game 5 and win the series @ home, and you make a statement like that? Giving a desparate team bulletin board material?

Ty Lawson said George karl read that quote to the team in the locker room right before the game started. Both Kobe Bryant and Mike Brown indirectly said that Bynum was in idiot for saying that. This kid is so immature.

To talk trash like that before a game, Andrew showed zero heart last night. Javale McGee COMPLETELY dominated and out-hustled Bynum.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:42 AM

3,007 posts, read 5,105,723 times
As a Laker fan I really dislike Bynum. Sure he can be dominating; when he wants to be.

He's arrogant, whiny and just plain immature. I don't know how much of that is being raised in the NBA or just his own doing.

He can't hold his own vs. a double team, let alone triple, and there's always the looming specter of injury.

But most of all, I just dislike his attitude.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:04 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,565,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harhar View Post
He's arrogant, whiny and just plain immature.

But most of all, I just dislike his attitude.
Agree with all your points, but these two in particular.

With that said, when he's on, he's ON. He can definitely be a dominating force in the paint, and he causes all kinds of problems for Ty Lawson coming into the paint.

If he wasn't such a jerk, I'd probably like Bynum. But I definitely respect his game.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:16 PM

51,928 posts, read 41,798,494 times
I didn't get to see the game so it's hard to have a strong opinion.

I would note that they are essentially running 0 offense through Bynum so I'm not sure we can blame him.

I cannot look at the box scores from the 2 Laker losses in the series and blame anyone other than Kobe.

WTH they aren't taking advantage of thier size and playing an inside out game has got to be frustrating to some of the Lakers fans.
I don't even like the Lakers and it's bugging me.

Old 05-09-2012, 04:45 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,413,490 times
8 shots (63% FG) compared to 32 shots (44% FG)...

Enough said

Must be something to this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
There is a brewing Kobe-Bynum feud

Old 05-09-2012, 04:48 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,300,864 times
Bynum now knows that elimination games are easy as long as you don't say anything to the media about it.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:23 PM

155 posts, read 197,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post

Enough said

You NAILED it!! I cant believe how man idiots there are out there who say "Ooooooooooh Kobe lit them up for 43 points last night, wow!!" Im like no you moron, Kobe lost them the game for being once again a ball hog and jacking up 32 (making only 14) shots in a TEAM game when the center who is one of the tops in the league in FG% only got 8 shots. UNACCEPTABLE. UN-FRIGGIN'-ACCEPTABLE!!

Old 05-10-2012, 06:59 AM

All I know is that if the Lakers play like this against the next tier of competition they will no longer be in the playoffs and there will be some difficult questions to answer.

Bynum is under a team option for next year....after that he is a free agent.

I think that is the potential break point for the Lakers. Do they lose the best center in the west because they won't rein in an aging Kobe from taking 30 shots anytime he feels like it?

I know that everything comes up roses for the lakers with getting Shaq and the gasol etc. over the years.....but let me raise the ugly spectre of Bynum forcing a trade and the fortunes of free agency giving the Lakers the butt end of a deal. Just throwing that out there.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post

Enough said

I think that not involving Bynum (and Gasol too) may be why McGee is having some big games in the series.

Long rebounds from jacking 3's does NOT help the Lakers size advantage.

Pushing the ball inside puts foul pressure on the other team too which is thin in the paint.

Ugh....just so much strategically wrong with the Lakers game plan.

Clearly the Buss family is backing Kobe to the hilt and the new coach knows it. I wonder if the coach gets the blame in the end for this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball