U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 10:44 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,366,040 times

Advertisements

How about a Noah for Bynum trade

Honestly though, a guy like Noah would fit like a glove with Kobe, he'd play balls out at all times, and not need the ball. Whereas the bulls desperately need an offensive threat in the middle....

The lakers would be insane to do that and I have no idea if it would work from a salary POV, just saying I think that both centers would thrive the others city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 12:19 PM

3,441 posts, read 5,005,187 times
As a Laker's fan, it's actually possible that the Nugget's steal game 7.

Old 05-11-2012, 01:12 PM

2,011 posts, read 2,014,077 times
Bynum is so fricken lazy and immature that he will never be a true superstar. He has the talent to be, but doesn't give the effort. He needs to outwork his talent and he never will. I just hope the Lakers don't become hostage to his inconsistant talent and trade his butt.

Old 05-11-2012, 01:14 PM

2,011 posts, read 2,014,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
As a Laker's fan, it's actually possible that the Nugget's steal game 7.
I actually think the Nuggets will win game 7, the Lakers aren't giving the effort that the Nuggets are. Thank God the LA Kings are doing well.

Old 05-11-2012, 01:41 PM

14,583 posts, read 22,431,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
...steal game 7.
I was once a Laker fan. I'm sort of a Coach Karl fan now... so Go Nuggets.

Though I don't see them stealing anything. They may actually earn it.

But either way, neither of these teams could get past the Thunder, right?

Old 05-11-2012, 02:24 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,610,104 times
In games five and six, it was a question of whether the Lakers had killer instinct; in game seven, the question is, could they recover if Denver drops a 10 or 15 point run on them. If Denver shoots the lights out of the ball and establish the three point shot early, I think the Lakers will be in a world of trouble. Dallas defeated the Lakers last year by knocking down big shots on the perimeter and freeing up Dirk to hit turnaround jumpers and Barrea to penetrate inside. It was a multi-angle attack. Denver doesn't have Nowitz, but they do have good inside penetration and they can hit the long-range shot. If they hit the three early on, that will force the bigger, but older and slower Lakers to defend that shot. Doesn't matter a bit of Artest is in the lineup.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:50 PM
JL

7,354 posts, read 11,888,807 times

This is what was going through his head last night.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:43 PM

3,441 posts, read 5,005,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I was once a Laker fan. I'm sort of a Coach Karl fan now... so Go Nuggets.

Though I don't see them stealing anything. They may actually earn it.

But either way, neither of these teams could get past the Thunder, right?
Jesus McGowdog, where have you been???

You pop up when the Lakers are struggling

Old 05-12-2012, 01:40 PM

51,974 posts, read 41,825,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post

This is what was going through his head last night.
Yeah, but that's classic Laker fan though. Kobe has lost 2 games this series and in game 6 he was more composed and suddenly it's Bynum and Gasol's fault.

IMO Kobe has alienated both Bynum and especially Gasol at this point and they are looking to part company with him.

I'm 1/2 expecting trade demands from them after they get bounced from the playoffs.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:02 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,414,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, but that's classic Laker fan though. Kobe has lost 2 games this series and in game 6 he was more composed and suddenly it's Bynum and Gasol's fault.

IMO Kobe has alienated both Bynum and especially Gasol at this point and they are looking to part company with him.

I'm 1/2 expecting trade demands from them after they get bounced from the playoffs.
Kobe listened to the criticism and adjusted...

The Lakers as a whole shot like crap in game 7 and still won because the shots were evenly distributed with better spacing which allowed the big men to rebound better.

When Bynum and Gasole have 30+ shots and 30+ boards they tough to beat. Cause Bynum is not gonna shoot below 50% often much less below 30%.

If Kobe can stick with being a team player in the Thunder series they should atleast have a chance. If not... the series will be over quickly I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball