Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 11:17 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,705,450 times

Advertisements

The Gaosl-Bynum frontcourt is easily capable of contributing 40 points and 30 rebounds when both guys are engaged and get plenty of touches. If Kobe can stick to the role of distributor and fill in the scoring on nights when the team doesn't have it going offensively, Lakers will be better off. This Lakers team is far more dangerous than when the season started, which makes for an interesting West playoffs from here on out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 11:44 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,895,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
This Lakers team is far more dangerous than when the season started, which makes for an interesting West playoffs from here on out.
Yes... which as a fan is all that matters.

And let me go on record as saying, I have the Thunder in this series. Even though I am a Lakers fan, I'm not stupid...

but i do want to see The Lakers put up a fight and play up to their potential.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:58 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,705,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Yes... which as a fan is all that matters.

And let me go on record as saying, I have the Thunder in this series. Even though I am a Lakers fan, I'm not stupid...

but i do want to see The Lakers put up a fight and play up to their potential.
Yes....on the flipside the East couldn't be more devoid of intrigue. Injuries have knocked the sting right out of the Eastern Conference playoffs. I really want to see two healthy squads, don't care which two, in the finals.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:14 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
Quote:
Yes....on the flipside the East couldn't be more devoid of intrigue. Injuries have knocked the sting right out of the Eastern Conference playoffs. I really want to see two healthy squads, don't care which two, in the finals.
I'm expecting the lakers/thunder series to be knock down drag out 6-7 gamer while my spurs have a much easier trip with the clippers. With cp3 hurting and griffin apparently much worse then they are letting on (he ASKED out of a game 7 fourth quarter on the road because he was hurting).

Old 05-14-2012, 12:25 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
I'm expecting the lakers/thunder series to be knock down drag out 6-7 gamer while my spurs have a much easier trip with the clippers. With cp3 hurting and griffin apparently much worse then they are letting on (he ASKED out of a game 7 fourth quarter on the road because he was hurting).
Spurs will beat the Clippers in 4 or 5 games.

Thunder will beat the Lakers in 4 or 5 games.

It would be a HUGE upset if either L.A. team advances.

OKC is a HORRIBLE matchup for the Lakers. L.A. has no one who can stay with or handle Westbrook. Durant has shown already this year that he is not affected at all by World Piece's defense. Harden plays Bryant extremely tough. Bryant, being stupid, will try to do it all himself and jack up 25-35 shots per game. Lakers will lose every single one of the games where he shoots that much. However, if there is even shot selection like what was in their game 7 win over the Nuggets, the will have a small chance. Offense MUST run through Gasol or Bynum and NOT Bryant.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Good point on the East... its a shame too.

although, there could be some intrigue in a Boston/Miami series if Bosh doesnt come back. I know that goes against what you are saying with healthy teams but it actually works to even them out a little more. I'm not saying I dont want to see Bosh back because I do... but it could add some intrigue to the East Finals.

Old 05-14-2012, 03:15 PM

78,414 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Good point on the East... its a shame too.

although, there could be some intrigue in a Boston/Miami series if Bosh doesnt come back. I know that goes against what you are saying with healthy teams but it actually works to even them out a little more. I'm not saying I dont want to see Bosh back because I do... but it could add some intrigue to the East Finals.
Good post. 100% agree.

Old 05-14-2012, 03:20 PM

78,414 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
I think the Thunder are just a brutal match-up for the Lakers.

I'm mainly interested in the series to see if the finger pointing intensifies, if Kobe shares the ball and just how big the meltdown becomes if they get thrashed by OKC.

Maybe I'm crazy, I've certainly been wrong before but there have been some very very strong words PUBLICALLY and I'm wondering just how long Bynum or Gasol are going to stay silent and take it?

I just see all the same parallels from when Shaq was run-off. The tone, the fan and media adoration of Kobe as he launches tons of shots and the disinterest of his big-men....dejavu folks.

Old 05-14-2012, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Yea... ur right. This is the case

but I wanna see what Rigas said. A knock down, drag-out series that goes 6-7 games.

As fans we NEED that right about now as the second round looks horrible in all the other series.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:05 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

I'm mainly interested in the series to see if the finger pointing intensifies, if Kobe shares the ball and just how big the meltdown becomes if they get thrashed by OKC.

Maybe I'm crazy, I've certainly been wrong before but there have been some very very strong words PUBLICALLY and I'm wondering just how long Bynum or Gasol are going to stay silent and take it?

I just see all the same parallels from when Shaq was run-off. The tone, the fan and media adoration of Kobe as he launches tons of shots and the disinterest of his big-men....dejavu folks.
The thing is while to the more intense fan (most around here?) we can see through Kobe's bs, the casual fan and apparently the media can't. When Kobe jacks 12-14 on 30-35 shots, we see a lack of movement and such. The casual fan, the nut huggers, and most media see that as Kobe "has to carry the load because the other guys are not". All the while Kobe isn't passing, is shooting to much, and spending to much time trying to win it all on his own. He gets a pass, a "your right those guys are not trying" instead of "make those guys better, get them involved"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball