U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 12:11 PM

52,104 posts, read 41,928,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtitans View Post
I really hate when people uses these words. He isn't a thug, he's a man that has serious mental issues. If you have ever been around someone that is mentally ill, you would understand that his actions aren't necessarily indicative of someone that is a 'thug' or a 'hoodlum'.
Well can we call Latrell a thug? He actually tried to strangle someone.

Thuggee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 12:21 PM

439 posts, read 785,228 times
Ron Artest... NOT what ever the hell he calls himself now, is not fit to even be called a Human Being anymore. After that incident in Detroit, he should've been kicked out of the league for LIFE! He's just a low-life, piece of garbage that should NEVER be allowed to play in the NBA ever again!!!

Old 04-23-2012, 12:41 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,214,380 times
Come guys, I see things like he is not fit to be called a human being. This is just ridiculous. Is he an idiot, sure but come on. Should the guy be suspended? Yes, will that end his career? Doubt it. But all this not human Bacon Sandwhich has to go. I mean some of you act like he killed someone. Let's put him in with zimmerman and the guys who killed the mother/daughter then set the house on fire with dad in the basement.

Let's end the over reaction.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:50 PM

52,104 posts, read 41,928,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Come guys, I see things like he is not fit to be called a human being. This is just ridiculous. Is he an idiot, sure but come on. Should the guy be suspended? Yes, will that end his career? Doubt it. But all this not human Bacon Sandwhich has to go. I mean some of you act like he killed someone. Let's put him in with zimmerman and the guys who killed the mother/daughter then set the house on fire with dad in the basement.

Yes, in the interests of equal time, Artest has done a lot of charitable work in recent years and is diagnosed with a mental illness.

Doesn't excuse his actions, but in the big scheme of things it's not like he's the guy that shot up 6 guys in Chicago a couple weeks ago (one of which was Wade's nephew.).

Old 04-23-2012, 12:50 PM

10,136 posts, read 11,672,360 times
Here's his apology via twitter:

Metta World Peace apologizes, via Twitter, for his elbow to James Harden | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports

Old 04-23-2012, 12:52 PM

3,466 posts, read 3,157,154 times
Ron Artest raffled off his ring, raised more than $500k ...

He does alot the past few years to raise money for mental health issues, and I applaud him for that but he should at least get a a playoff round 5 or 7 game suspension.

Here's the other thing, Harden has a concussion and just look at the NFL and concussions, the NBA better hope that Harden recovers quickly or they could be in for a huge lawsuit by allowing someone like Artest to play and putting other players at risk.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post

Maybe if he did this type of crap once or twice, but he has multiple incidents similar to this already in his career. I'd hate to think about what this guys probably done off the court...
And what does this say about the NBA when they continue to keep this guy in a professional sports organization? What does it take to get kicked out of this league? Killing someone on the court?!
I still stand by my comment that he's human SCUM!

Old 04-23-2012, 12:57 PM

10,136 posts, read 11,672,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Well can we call Latrell a thug? He actually tried to strangle someone.

Thuggee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Perhaps, but I think the word is used in code a lot of times in place of the n-word. This man has serious mental issues. Not an excuse for his behavior, but again, people who have mental health issues do these things not because they are thugs, but because they are completely irrational.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:
He does alot the past few years to raise money for mental health issues, and I applaud him for that but he should at least get a a playoff round 5 or 7 game suspension.
It's called having a good PR team to make it SEEM like he gives a rat's *** about that type of stuff.

Quote:
Here's the other thing, Harden has a concussion and just look at the NFL and concussions, the NBA better hope that Harden recovers quickly or they could be in for a huge lawsuit by allowing someone like Artest to play and putting other players at risk.
EXACTLY!

Old 04-23-2012, 04:21 PM

927 posts, read 1,211,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapanza107 View Post
Maybe if he did this type of crap once or twice, but he has multiple incidents similar to this already in his career. I'd hate to think about what this guys probably done off the court...
And what does this say about the NBA when they continue to keep this guy in a professional sports organization? What does it take to get kicked out of this league? Killing someone on the court?!
I still stand by my comment that he's human SCUM!
I have to agree. Why do so many on here feel it necessary to apologize for the likes of Artest. It isn't like this is an isolated incident. Artest has a long, notorious history of knocking the crap out of people. On and off the court.

If he is mentally or emotionally handicapped or challenged then the NBA is not where he belongs. He should be where others with similar difficulties are and that's receiving care somewhere. If he has a condition that manifests in the heat of NBA play then this condition should be treated. Not smoothed over or made to seem nonegregious because he's done a few things for charity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or