U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-09-2012, 07:35 PM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,381,792 times
Reputation: 3070

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Do you hate the heat because they are "paper champions" or because of Lebron and Bosh joining the team?
I dislike wade more than any other player in the NBA (sorry Greg) so that's the main reason. The LBJ and bosh joining is annoying, but that is not my main reason for is liking them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
I will do what I did last year; have a meltdown and lash out at the other Pacer fan who says "oh well they never had a chance anyway."
haha, fair enough. Looking forward to this meltdown
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-09-2012, 08:06 PM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,227,756 times
Reputation: 1982
Man griz bigs are just totally attacking griffin right now. Taking turns exposing his terrible defense lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-09-2012, 08:37 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,510,351 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Man griz bigs are just totally attacking griffin right now. Taking turns exposing his terrible defense lol
Don't forget the Griz had a 27 pt lead in the 3rd qtr of game one and lost the game. So a 13 point lead in the 2nd qtr is not that big of deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2012, 12:23 AM
 
Location: Earth
3,653 posts, read 3,894,132 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Pacers lost 3 of 4 to the Magic in the regular season. The Pacers won road games against the Lakers, Bulls and Celtics. The Pacers took Miami to overtime in Miami and came within one tenth of a second of taking the game to a second overtime. The Pacers lead that game by 14 before letting the lead slip; even lead by 5 in the overtime before blowing it.

There is no reason to not think the Pacers can not compete with the Heat, and the rest of the country who has conceded the east to Miami is about to be clued in to that.
Don't expend too much energy trying to get your point across to TVSG. I don't think the Pacers are a pushover by any stretch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2012, 06:26 AM
 
Location: Earth
3,653 posts, read 3,894,132 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I dislike wade more than any other player in the NBA (sorry Greg) so that's the main reason.
Lol it's ok, I became a Wade fan during the mid 2000's( well really, I took an interest after his rookie playoff campaign in 2004) but I was a fan of his humility as much as his game and competitiveness. He's had a few douche moments since the Heatles formed in 2010 though, and I give him ZERO credit for his comment about getting paid for the Olympics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2012, 06:59 AM
 
Location: Born & Raised DC > Carolinas > Seattle > Denver
9,349 posts, read 5,600,830 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Lol it's ok, I became a Wade fan during the mid 2000's( well really, I took an interest after his rookie playoff campaign in 2004) but I was a fan of his humility as much as his game and competitiveness.
Agreed. I used to be a HUGE fan of D.Wade. Cheered for him when he won a ring.

But like a lot of athletes, they can only remain humble for so long, and eventually the money, fame, and attention gets to their heads. I'm sure Wade is a nice guy, but he comes across as a jerk often times and yeah the paid olympics comment just sealed the deal for me.

Same with Lebron. he was the hometown here of Ohio. The city of Cleveland ADORED this dude. Now I know you've got to do what's best for you, and Miami definitely gives them the better chance to win. But the way he went about leaving was disgusting.

And you folks on here who say "get over it" when it comes to Bron's "Decision," you're obviously not from Ohio LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2012, 12:53 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
3,441 posts, read 5,017,901 times
Reputation: 2222
I agree, Lebron leaving Cleveland was trashy.

He was definitely adored in Cleveland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2012, 01:54 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,510,351 times
Reputation: 9451
The Grizzlies may have caught a break with CP3 and Blake Griffin being questionable for Game 6 after there injuries last night. Even if they do play I don't think Griffin will be a 100% and that may favor the Grizzlies to shift the series back to Memphis for game 7.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2012, 02:43 PM
 
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
580 posts, read 864,675 times
Reputation: 892
I feel sorry for all the people who have no idea of who wade (or even LBJ) is and just love to hate.

That said, the first serious test for the Heat this iyear is in the Finals. Whoever wins the West will be very tough to beat, but the East looks empty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2012, 02:56 PM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,381,792 times
Reputation: 3070
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoItaly View Post
I feel sorry for all the people who have no idea of who wade (or even LBJ) is and just love to hate.
Oh relax. Its just an expression, just like I "love" Derrick Rose.

I don't get why people feel the need to be so nitty about stuff like that. It reminds me of being in 2nd grade when someone would say they "loved pizza" and the Moitaly of the room would shout "IF YOU LOVE IT THEN YOU SHOULD MARRY IT."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top