U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-10-2012, 02:59 PM
 
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
580 posts, read 862,824 times
Reputation: 892

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Oh relax. Its just an expression, just like I "love" Derrick Rose.

I don't get why people feel the need to be so nitty about stuff like that. It reminds me of being in 2nd grade when someone would say they "loved pizza" and the Moitaly of the room would shout "IF YOU LOVE IT THEN YOU SHOULD MARRY IT."
Pretty pointless comment for a mod...you had nothing better than that?

All I have been readin since the beginning of the play-offs in all kind of forums is how much the Heat are hated, Lebron is a chocker and of course a bad guy etc... it seems many fans are more into hoping the Heat loses than hoping their teams win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-10-2012, 03:03 PM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,368,561 times
Reputation: 3070
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoItaly View Post
Pretty pointless comment for a mod...you had nothing better than that?

All I have been readin since the beginning of the play-offs in all kind of forums is how much the Heat are hated, Lebron is a chocker and of course a bad guy etc... it seems many fans are more into hoping the Heat loses than hoping their teams win.
What does me being a mod have to do with anything? I still have opinions and am involved in the discussions. I follow the same TOS as anyone else, I don't have special rules that say I can't disagree or call out a poster.

The Heat, since LeBron went there have been the most polarizing sports team of my lifetime in the NBA. People have strong opinions on it. So what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2012, 03:04 PM
 
Location: Earth
3,653 posts, read 3,883,792 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoItaly View Post
I feel sorry for all the people who have no idea of who wade (or even LBJ) is and just love to hate.
I don't know either personally, but when Wade said that he should be paid to play in the Olympics, that gives us a portal into the way he thinks-at least about things like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2012, 03:16 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,361,358 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoItaly View Post
Pretty pointless comment for a mod...you had nothing better than that?

All I have been readin since the beginning of the play-offs in all kind of forums is how much the Heat are hated, Lebron is a chocker and of course a bad guy etc... it seems many fans are more into hoping the Heat loses than hoping their teams win.
The Heat are a hated team because of their smugness before the 2010-11 NBA season about how many titles they were going to win because of their new team. So that's why so many NBA fans rooted for them to fail in the Finals last year because the team expected to win it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2012, 03:58 PM
 
Location: Born & Raised DC > Carolinas > Seattle > Denver
9,349 posts, read 5,575,774 times
Reputation: 9446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
I don't know either personally, but when Wade said that he should be paid to play in the Olympics, that gives us a portal into the way he thinks-at least about things like that.
Basically...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2012, 04:11 PM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,205,971 times
Reputation: 1982
so kobe has a stomach issue for game 6. any bets on him trying to have a "jordan flu game" tonight? i fully expect he comes out at game time and jacks up 30+ shots and tries to be the hero.

speaking of that game, how about birdman...... excused indefinitely after his home was searched....

Quote:
Chris Andersen has been "excused indefinitely" from Nuggets' team activities while he is under investigation for unknown Internet crimes against children.

Andersen's home was searched on Thursday morning and property has been seized, but he has not been arrested or charged with a crime.

In Colorado, Internet crimes against children can include anything from exchanging pornographic images of kids to using chatrooms to lure children for sexual purposes.

Andersen has been under investigation since February.



Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...#ixzz1uVXOXFsz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2012, 04:20 PM
 
Location: Cook County
5,288 posts, read 6,368,561 times
Reputation: 3070
WOW. That is messed up. If thats true what a sicko that guy is. I always thought he was off, but wow, that is beyond anything I imagined.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2012, 04:29 PM
 
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
580 posts, read 862,824 times
Reputation: 892
Funny how Wade's remarks remain in people's minds, but the fact that most of great American players often declined to play in the Olympics didn't have the same effect. Wade had only the gut to say out loud how most of American Basketball players feel.
Do I agree? Nope. Do I like it? Nope. But that's the American way, guys, not Wade's way. He just wasn't a hypocrite about it.
I am Italian, and well, also American now after so many years living here. In Itakly and in general in Europe playing for your national team is a honor, be it soccer/football or basketball or volleyball.

Here in the US it's never been like that, money is still the main factor in too many things. I don't like it, but that's the way it is. But I also don't like that people are targeting wade for his comments when that's the way many NBA players feel and he only had to guts to say out loud.

And I am sure that if Wade were a Bull or Piston, it would not have caused so many "righteous" reactions.
Anyway, it is what it is. I just say my 2 cents opinion, it doesn't bother me much to see negative comments on the Heat, you should see what they say in the ESPN forums..
It's funny because now it's not just the team, even the Heat fans are called "bandwagon" fans, as many outside of Miami think we root for the Heat because of Lebron.

But that's not the truth: truth is most of us are the same fans who spent years of frustration watching the Heat's shortcomings in the past when Zo, Hardaway, PJ Brown, Mashburn and other were part of the team. it's great to fianlly have a good team and be able to hope in a title.

And all the hate around the Heat is not really a bad thing: it will make it sweeter if we get the ring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2012, 04:41 PM
 
Location: Earth
3,653 posts, read 3,883,792 times
Reputation: 1802
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoItaly View Post
Funny how Wade's remarks remain in people's minds, but the fact that most of great American players often declined to play in the Olympics didn't have the same effect. Wade had only the gut to say out loud how most of American Basketball players feel.
Do I agree? Nope. Do I like it? Nope.
Precisely my point. Wade verbalized it, so he catches the brunt of people's displeasure because of it. If other players step up to the plate and echo the same sentiments, they'll be similarly criticized by people who disagree.

As you said, do I agree? Nope? Do I like it? Nope. Am I going to voice my displeasure? Yep. Wade's my favorite player, but I don't let that get in the way of speaking up if I disagree with something he says or does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2012, 04:43 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,361,358 times
Reputation: 9451
Looks like Noah will try and play tonight which should help the Bulls win Game 6. It's time for these two players below to step up for the Bulls if they want to win this series

Kyle Korver
Rip Hamilton


Both of them have been quiet, especially Korver
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top