U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2012, 10:23 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,320,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Anybody watching the Lakers/Nuggets game?

Only Kobe would shake his head at the refs after being called for a flagrant foul 1. The replay shows Kobe Bryant swinging his arm and bashing Faried in the side of the head. Only Kobe would whine to the refs about that.
I can't believe the Lakers are in this situation-lol They had a 3-1 lead and now will be in a Game 7 on Saturday Night. This falls on Mike Brown. Yeah that was a flagrant foul Kobe wacked him pretty good
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 10:57 PM

14,582 posts, read 22,426,770 times
Kobe!

I didn't get to see the game tonight. Do you suppose Kobe got boo'd?(sp)?

If the Lakers choke in LA, do you suppose Bynum will take his shirt off again?

Last edited by McGowdog; 05-10-2012 at 11:56 PM..

Old 05-11-2012, 01:22 AM

6,839 posts, read 7,899,954 times
Someone help me understand.

Why in the second round of basketball does the highest seed not continue to play the lowest seed like in the first round? For instance, shouldn't the Heat be facing the Sixers in the East?

I'm a hockey fan for the most part. I guess things are different in the NBA.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:42 AM

491 posts, read 1,332,556 times
Dang, the Bulls had the game won and found a way to blow it or should I say the refs blew it. I guess it's just part of the game but come on
Everything that could go wrong went wrong in this game in the last few seconds. Man, am just venting and can't help it but after those injuries, Bulls had it coming
1. Why didn't CJ try to run the clock out when the Bulls were ahead by 1, I could understand if they were down that they would go for the shot and why pass it to Asik the worst free throw shooter on the team.

2. Bulls didn't have a time out so, why did Tibs not yell at the guards to back off and not crash the boards to defend, cause again the Bulls were up by one, while Asik was on the free throw line. Yes, Asik sucks at free throws but why crash the board when your team is up, go back to defend. Man, Tibs messed up on this one.

3.The refs had no balls to call a flagrant foul for Asik but had balls to call a foul for Iggy which should've been a no call foul with 2 secs left. Asik was mugged for crying out loud. That would have sealed the game for the Bulls.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:07 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,199,926 times
pacers have not even started playing the heat yet..... is this a good idea, or board material???

Quote:
The first game between Indiana and Miami has yet to be played and Pacers head coach Frank Vogel has already called them out.

"They are the biggest flopping team in the NBA," Vogel tells The Indianapolis Star. "It'll be very interesting to see how the referees officiate the series and how much flopping they reward."

Miami is a good defensive team as they were fifth in field goal percentage allowed during the regular season and fourth in points allowed.

"Every drive to the basket, they have guys not making a play on the ball," Vogel said, "but sliding in front of drivers. Oftentimes they're falling down even before contact is even being made. It'll be interesting to see how the series is officiated."

Old 05-11-2012, 06:10 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,199,926 times
how about the nuggets, can they pull one out in LA with ron "elbows" artest coming back for game 7? they made pau look silllllly last night.

Old 05-11-2012, 07:07 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tappan Zee View Post
Dang, the Bulls had the game won and found a way to blow it or should I say the refs blew it. I guess it's just part of the game but come on
Everything that could go wrong went wrong in this game in the last few seconds. Man, am just venting and can't help it but after those injuries, Bulls had it coming
1. Why didn't CJ try to run the clock out when the Bulls were ahead by 1, I could understand if they were down that they would go for the shot and why pass it to Asik the worst free throw shooter on the team.

2. Bulls didn't have a time out so, why did Tibs not yell at the guards to back off and not crash the boards to defend, cause again the Bulls were up by one, while Asik was on the free throw line. Yes, Asik sucks at free throws but why crash the board when your team is up, go back to defend. Man, Tibs messed up on this one.

3.The refs had no balls to call a flagrant foul for Asik but had balls to call a foul for Iggy which should've been a no call foul with 2 secs left. Asik was mugged for crying out loud. That would have sealed the game for the Bulls.

Thibs should be fired. He was fully responsible for the Bulls losing this series starting with Game 1 when he left Rose in the game, left John Lucas on the bench in Game 2 when he was responsible for the lead, allowed his team to lose a 13 pt lead in the 4th qtr of Game 3, Made no adjustments defensively in Game 4, and his poor coaching in Game 6.

The Sixers get no credit because they got lucky and still struggled to beat a team without Rose and noah and received a gift from the refs last night. Did you notice that the refs never called a foul until he Watson passed it to Asik? Watson was already fouled by Holiday at halfcourt. What's the point in watching NBA games when the refs will always decided the outcome?

sickening

Old 05-11-2012, 07:09 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
pacers have not even started playing the heat yet..... is this a good idea, or board material???
He is just wasting his breathe because the Pacers will not win any games in Miami. They might get swept

Old 05-11-2012, 07:11 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
how about the nuggets, can they pull one out in LA with ron "elbows" artest coming back for game 7? they made pau look silllllly last night.
I think it's a toss up now because the nuggets have confidence they can beat the Lakers. i will say I will be disappointed if the Lakers lose because I'm so looking forward to the matchup between OKC and the Lakers in round 2.

Nuggets vs OKC="no appeal"

Old 05-11-2012, 07:14 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,881,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Bulls had 2 games WON in Philly, Game 3 and Game 6 and blew both leads late which falls directly on the coach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I can't believe the Lakers are in this situation-lol They had a 3-1 lead and now will be in a Game 7 on Saturday Night. This falls on Mike Brown.
You seem very infatuated with blaming the coach all the time. You do realize the game is ultimately won and lost on the court and not the sidelines, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball