Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2012, 07:08 AM

10,639 posts, read 16,019,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davy-040 View Post
1.bulls vs. 8.76ers (4-2)
------------------------1..bulls vs. 4.hawks (3-4)
4.hawks vs. 5.celtics (4-3)
------------------------------------------2.heat vs. 5.hawks (4-0)
3.pacers vs. 6.magic (4-3)
------------------------2.heat vs. 3.pacers (4-0)
2.heat vs. 7.knicks (4-1)

--------------------------------------------------2.heat vs. 2.thunder (4-2)

1.spurs vs. 8.jazz (4-0)
------------------------1.spurs vs. 4.clippers (4-2)
4.grizzlies vs. 5.clippers (2-4)
------------------------------------------1.spurs vs. 2.thunder (2-4)
3.lakers vs. 6.nuggets (4-2)
------------------------3.lakers vs. 2.thunder (2-4)
2.thunder vs. 7.mavericks (4-2)

Green = Perfect
Blue = Predicted the Winning team
Red = Bad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 11:45 AM

742 posts, read 2,067,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
[/color]Green = Perfect
Blue = Predicted the Winning team
Red = Bad
Using your scale as reference, my prediction for Miami Heat, Spurs and Thunder are blue; Bulls is red. I had expected Heat to beat the Knicks in 4, but they took an extra game to do it. Didn't expect Spurs and Thunder to take care of business in 4. Between the two, I expected Spurs to take more games to wrap things up.

Rest or rust? Thunder near end of playoff wait - Yahoo! Sports

I hope to see Thunder at the Conference Finals. Not only because they have more rest (and practice) time, not only because I hate the Lakers (hope Nuggets would toss them out in Game 7 tonight), but also because they have shown championship-level performance. Only other team in the West I can say the same of is Spurs. While I'll be rooting for Spurs all the way, a Spurs-Thunder Conference Finals will be a series I'll greatly enjoy regardless of the outcome. Until then, I like to see Clippers scrape by and meet Spurs in Round 2. Would be a fine series me thinks.

So sorry for the Bulls. Looks like Heat will be cruising smoothly to the NBA Finals.

Old 05-12-2012, 11:53 AM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,528,733 times
Check out Magic Johnson's comment today if the Lakers lose. While i agree with him, it probably wasn't appropriate to talk about someone's job like that publically. You can be sure game 7 of LAL/DEN will have enormous ratings especially after his comment. Here is an excerpt.

Magic Johnson: Mike Brown will be fired if Lakers lose to Denver - latimes.com

"They're going to run Mike Brown first out of town," Johnson said as an ESPN NBA analyst Friday. "Then second will be Andrew Bynum. Then third will be Pau Gasol."

Old 05-12-2012, 11:56 AM

742 posts, read 2,067,380 times
Fire Ron Artest as well. Lakers' reputation will remain in the toilet if he and his twin brother Bynum remain with the team.

Old 05-12-2012, 12:11 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
I'm not a fan of any team, period. I'm a fan of the game.
I thought you and Mathguy were both Bulls fans but i guess it's just Mathguy.

Old 05-12-2012, 12:14 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Check out Magic Johnson's comment today if the Lakers lose. While i agree with him, it probably wasn't appropriate to talk about someone's job like that publically. You can be sure game 7 of LAL/DEN will have enormous ratings especially after his comment. Here is an excerpt.

Magic Johnson: Mike Brown will be fired if Lakers lose to Denver - latimes.com

"They're going to run Mike Brown first out of town," Johnson said as an ESPN NBA analyst Friday. "Then second will be Andrew Bynum. Then third will be Pau Gasol."
I think he will have to fired if he allows his team to lose a 3-1 series lead after being so dominant the first 4 games. That would mean he made no adjustment and allowed his team to lose 3 games in a row

Old 05-12-2012, 01:43 PM

78,337 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I thought you and Mathguy were both Bulls fans but i guess it's just Mathguy.
I think u are confusing Greg with Orange.

You are correct. I'm Bulls first, still have all my old hats and ticket stubs from back when I had hair lol. Spurs are my 2nd fav team.

However, like Greg, I'm an NBA fan...I love the stories, the drama, the surprises etc. I was REALLY happy for the mavs last year since they've come so far over the years and while I don't like Cuban that much, I respect what he has done and more importantly that the guy BLEEDS mavs basketball.

Old 05-12-2012, 01:51 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I think u are confusing Greg with Orange.

You are correct. I'm Bulls first, still have all my old hats and ticket stubs from back when I had hair lol. Spurs are my 2nd fav team.

However, like Greg, I'm an NBA fan...I love the stories, the drama, the surprises etc. I was REALLY happy for the mavs last year since they've come so far over the years and while I don't like Cuban that much, I respect what he has done and more importantly that the guy BLEEDS mavs basketball.
i thought i was having debates with you or Greg during the season about the sixers being a better team than the bulls? Or was that someone else?

Old 05-12-2012, 06:19 PM

18,208 posts, read 25,840,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post

Even if they lose this series in game 7, the Nuggets earned a ton of respect.
They sure have.

Their chances don't look good tonight with the arrival of Ron Artest (yes, I know his real name) off suspension but you never know.

If Pao Casal stinks it up tonight like he did Thursday, then that changes. Three points. Three rebounds. No wonder Bryant was in his face.

Speaking of respect, I give a huge shout-out to Nuggets head coach George Karl. What with the problems he has had with his son, not to mention himself with the throat cancer issue, well he is one quality dude-period! He does a lot of work with children charities, most notably St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

George Karl-class on and off the court.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:24 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,703,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
i thought i was having debates with you or Greg during the season about the sixers being a better team than the bulls? Or was that someone else?
You were debating with both of us. I'm not a bulls fan though, I simply didn't agree with your view regarding the Bulls and the Sixers.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball