U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2012, 05:12 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,276,243 times

Advertisements

Celtics playing with a lot of aggression tonight after the chris bosh news
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 05:16 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,193,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Celtics playing with a lot of aggression tonight after the chris bosh news
That's just silly.

Boston maybe be more aggressive but I will 10000% guarantee it has nothing to do with bosh or the heat and everything to do with almost losing at home to the lowly 76ers

Old 05-14-2012, 05:17 PM

740 posts, read 1,841,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Nah that's a BS answer, you watch just about every player shakes hands with just about every other player. Maybe not at tip off but go to a game, they ALL shake/greet each other.
Not according to Ron Artest: "Only some of them, but I don't think they really shake hands before the game."

Old 05-14-2012, 05:30 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,193,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_talons View Post
Every quote reads like a cop out on artests part. He caught a ton of flack when he 1st said he wouldn't shake, now he is crawfishing and trying to lay blame or justify.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:12 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,607,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
Does anyone like myself have San Antonio in a sweep of the Clippers? I just don't see where the LAC have the offensive firepower to stay competitive enough to win even one game against the Spurs. With a hobbled Griffin and Paul the chances of the Clippers actually making this a series are remote to say the least. And like the Jazz, if the Clippers can make one or two of the games semi-competitive toward the end they will have taken some sort of a moral victory at least. Outside of that I see this series as being completely one-sided.
I think this is an intriguing series. I want to believe that the Spurs have the advantage here, but I would be careful in taking it to the bank just yet. I was really impressed with how well the Clips used a combination of speed and power to gut out that victory over Memphis, a team that brutalized San Antonio last year.

The Spurs are one of those teams that almost never beat themselves. They're consistent. Teams have to beat the Spurs; they can't hope to capitalize on mistakes. So if a team is deficient in terms of talent, then the Spurs will win about 99 times out of 100. That's why the Utah Jazz lost to the Spurs. They just weren't as good.

But the Clippers just might be as good. Over the last few years the Spurs have had real problems with teams that are more athletic than they are, and I would argue that the Clippers are the superior team in terms of physique and athleticism. CP3 is more athletic than Parker. Griffin is more athletic than Tim Duncan. The Clippers also have depth on their bench, and they have versatility. They can go fast and they can also go with size and muscle. I don't honestly know if San Antonio can really do that. San Antonio looks good chopping through thin wood, but can they chop wood and bust cement up at the same time. Remains to be seen.

On the flip side, San Antonio will expose mistakes on transition. The Clippers will definitely not get away with laziness getting back on the reverse side of the court. The Spurs are the masters of turning steals into quick points and they can pull off 10-14 point runs in a hurry. That's the thing that Del Negro has to keep his time reminded of: a few sloppy passes here and slowness on transition D there, and the Spurs will bury teams in a matter of two to three minutes. They can deliver a knockout 'run' faster than any team I've seen this year. They routinely demoralize teams that way, in fact. It's impressive to watch.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:43 PM

51,883 posts, read 41,765,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Every quote reads like a cop out on artests part. He caught a ton of flack when he 1st said he wouldn't shake, now he is crawfishing and trying to lay blame or justify.
I honestly feel sorry for Artest due to honestly diagnosed mental issues.

If that guy lives to see 50 though....I will be absolutely shocked.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:47 PM
FBJ

I'm going to make this prediction right now, if the Sixers win game 3 they will be playing the winner of the Heat/Pacers

They looked like the better team in both games

Old 05-14-2012, 07:57 PM

28,445 posts, read 15,427,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I'm going to make this prediction right now, if the Sixers win game 3 they will be playing the winner of the Heat/Pacers

They looked like the better team in both games
Agreed.

Not often a team steals a game at home - but I thought the Celtics did that on Saturday.

Go Sixers

UPDATE: Doc Rivers just said in his press conference they stole Game 1 .

Old 05-14-2012, 08:30 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Agreed.

Not often a team steals a game at home - but I thought the Celtics did that on Saturday.

Go Sixers

UPDATE: Doc Rivers just said in his press conference they stole Game 1 .

The Sixers maybe the 1st team in NBA Playoff history to reach the Eastern Conference Finals by "DEFAULT"

Old 05-14-2012, 09:30 PM

16,522 posts, read 20,964,213 times
3:44 left in the 3rd quarter. OKC 87, L.A. 55
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball