U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2012, 09:44 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
3:44 left in the 3rd quarter. OKC 87, L.A. 55
I really can't wait until OKC meets their match and have to go to San Antonio for Game 1 next week
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 09:53 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,609,110 times
L.A.'s tired. They didn't show up to play tonight. Not making excuses for the Lakers, but they are known to take games off once in a while.

Game two may be the series. If the Thunder dominate L.A. two games in a row, then that pretty much tells the story.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:56 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
L.A.'s tired. They didn't show up to play tonight. Not making excuses for the Lakers, but they are known to take games off once in a while.

Game two may be the series. If the Thunder dominate L.A. two games in a row, then that pretty much tells the story.
Well the Thunder has been relaxing for a week whereas the Lakers just played on Saturday. I thought the Lakers/OKC series would start on tuesday to give the lakers atleast 2 days rest

Old 05-14-2012, 10:28 PM

927 posts, read 1,209,428 times
Excuses, excuses for the pitiful Lakers. I suppose Bynum wasn't quite ready to play tonight either. I wonder who Bryant willl pin the blame on after this particular debacle. The LAL are clearly out of their league now and it won't be long until we get our great San Antonio vs OKC matchup.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:34 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,890,266 times
lol @ lakers. smh @ anyone comparing kobe to the g.o.a.t if he gets eliminated again this year. what a joke

Old 05-14-2012, 11:03 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
Excuses, excuses for the pitiful Lakers. I suppose Bynum wasn't quite ready to play tonight either. I wonder who Bryant willl pin the blame on after this particular debacle. The LAL are clearly out of their league now and it won't be long until we get our great San Antonio vs OKC matchup.
well i think it's stupid to have a team who just played a game 7 on saturday to start a new series two days later. I mean of course it's great for the fans but the team is not able to get a break from their previous long series

Old 05-14-2012, 11:26 PM

28,488 posts, read 15,447,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The Sixers maybe the 1st team in NBA Playoff history to reach the Eastern Conference Finals by "DEFAULT"
Hey - whatever works...

I remember when the season ended and Barkley was giving the Sixers a hard time for laying down on the last game to avoid the Heat - and he wanted the Bulls to teach them a lesson.

Definitely a good move.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:30 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Hey - whatever works...

I remember when the season ended and Barkley was giving the Sixers a hard time for laying down on the last game to avoid the Heat - and he wanted the Bulls to teach them a lesson.

Definitely a good move.
How did they lay down to avoid the Heat? They won their last 5 games. And they were not going to get the heat anyway because the Knicks already had the 7th spot locked up because they started winning down the stretch too.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:04 AM

28,488 posts, read 15,447,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
How did they lay down to avoid the Heat? They won their last 5 games. And they were not going to get the heat anyway because the Knicks already had the 7th spot locked up because they started winning down the stretch too.
My recollection is that Philly had a chance to overtake the Knicks if they won & NY lost.

------------------------

Just looked it up - Last game was 108-86 loss to Detroit. Holiday, Brand, Igoudala, Williams, Young - DNPCD.

NY won 104-84 over Charlotte. NY finished 1 game ahead.

So they were tied going into the last game. Knicks had the tiebreaker. Philly's loss ensured they would finish 8th.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:13 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
My recollection is that Philly had a chance to overtake the Knicks if they won & NY lost.

------------------------

Just looked it up - Last game was 108-86 loss to Detroit. Holiday, Brand, Igoudala, Williams, Young - DNPCD.

NY won 104-84 over Charlotte. NY finished 1 game ahead.

So they were tied going into the last game. Knicks had the tiebreaker. Philly's loss ensured they would finish 8th.

The fact that the Knicks were playing the Bobcats made the last Sixers game meaningless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball