U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2012, 12:20 AM

28,497 posts, read 15,453,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The fact that the Knicks were playing the Bobcats made the last Sixers game meaningless.
The Knicks could have laid down as easily as Philly. But your point is taken.

Looked at the box score - Anthony, Chandler, Douglass, and Jeffries - DNPCD. Stoudamire did play.

Philly was down 22 at the half and gave up a 39 point 2ndQ. They wanted no part of that game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2012, 12:26 AM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,313,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The Knicks could have laid down as easily as Philly. But your point is taken.

Looked at the box score - Anthony, Chandler, Douglass, and Jeffries - DNPCD. Stoudamire did play.

Philly was down 22 at the half and gave up a 39 point 2ndQ. They wanted no part of that game.
I wanted the Sixers to play the Heat too and that's what I thought would happen when the Celtics took over the Atlantic Division. But the stupid knicks started winning all of a sudden and then the Sixers started losing. I knew the heat was locked into that 2nd seed and so wanted the Sixers to play them again like last season in the first round.

So maybe i get to see the Heat beat the crap out of the sixers in the ECF lol

Old 05-15-2012, 06:21 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,198,412 times
man lakers laid an egggggg. or where the thunder just extra hyped? im not gonna take this one beat down as the whole series and i fully expect the lakers to "bounce back" and make it a series BUT that was ugggglllyyy!

reminds me a bit of the spurs/hornets series in 08(?) where only 1 game was decided by less then like 21 points and that was a close game 7 in NO.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:28 AM

740 posts, read 1,842,262 times
Ron Artest left the court during 3rd quarter (or was it early 4th quarter). What gives? The Bynum effect is strong in Devin Ebanks.

Single-digit turnovers and higher % FG for Thunder. Very impressive! What's also impressive was the first 5 minutes of 3rd quarter. 15-point blitzkrieg, ha! Could say last night was their lucky night. Won't be so lucky come Game 2. I shall not rejoice yet until Thunder are up by at least three games.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:32 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,880,422 times
Just goes to show how even the 'experts' can get it wrong. The analysts on ESPN's 1st and 10 yesterday had the Lakers winning yesterday due to OKC's rust. Ummm.....yeah.

On the other hand, in blowouts like that between teams of this caliber you can't take a whole lot from it. One team showed up, and the other didn't. Kobe's going to be pushed to his limit in this one I think, because he's going to have to guard Westbrook at moments, while creating offense against Selfolosha's tough D. Be curious to see if he wears down.....

Old 05-15-2012, 07:02 AM

555 posts, read 1,033,691 times
What was the question the reporter asked when Kobe ssimply replied "NO" and left the podium in the news conference?

Old 05-15-2012, 07:08 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,567,933 times
The Lakers are really shwoing their age. The Nuggets taking LA to 7 games really wore on them.

Where as Durant and Westbrook had been at home on the couch for over a week.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:42 AM

4,749 posts, read 3,609,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Kobe's going to be pushed to his limit in this one I think, because he's going to have to guard Westbrook at moments, while creating offense against Selfolosha's tough D. Be curious to see if he wears down.....
This is why I have a hard time envisioning the Lakers getting past this round. In Denver, the Lakers played a team that was fast but had limited inside presence. Not so with OKC. They make explosive moves to the rim. It doesn't seem like the Lakers size advantage mattered last night, and I'm not sure that it will even if they show up in game two.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:51 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,198,412 times
the lakers defense (a mike brown "specialty") didnt look to good. letting the thunder shoot 53%. then there where the turnovers, 15-4! and the FT shooting, the thunder made 11 more then the lakers. thats 11 extra points, and then the 11 more turnovers, seems to the be the numbers of the game. if 2/3 of those TO where for points thats 14 more points. the turnovers and FTs seem to be the game. even those numbers and its a 4 point game. big test to see if the lakers can fix those 2 things in the up coming games.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:54 AM

51,950 posts, read 41,815,822 times
I'm waiting to hear from Kobe and his minions how this was Bynum and Gasols fault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball