U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2012, 07:51 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,293,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Pacers defense is looking tough! I'm impressed. Pacers get by the heat and they very well could end up in the finals.

Spurs traded hill to the pacers for Leonard, oh how I would love to see one of my favorite former spurs vs my team for the ring!

You have the Pacers in the Finals and

1. They still have to win 2 more games in this series

2. Boston would not be a cakewalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 07:59 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,195,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
You have the Pacers in the Finals and

1. They still have to win 2 more games in this series

2. Boston would not be a cakewalk
Nope, better go back and read again.
Said IF the pacers get by the heat they VERY WELL COULD make the finals. This means if they win 2 more games against the heat then they will have beaten the "toughest team in the east". The celtics/76ers winner will be tough but if the pacers beat the heat 2 more times will likely be able to beat any east team left to face.

How about a pacers 76ers ECF and an all LA WCF now that would be terrible

Old 05-17-2012, 08:03 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Nope, better go back and read again.
Said IF the pacers get by the heat they VERY WELL COULD make the finals. This means if they win 2 more games against the heat then they will have beaten the "toughest team in the east". The celtics/76ers winner will be tough but if the pacers beat the heat 2 more times will likely be able to beat any east team left to face.

How about a pacers 76ers ECF and an all LA WCF now that would be terrible

After that boston beat down and you still think it's a possibility of a pacers/sixers ECF??-lol

Old 05-17-2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:
After that boston beat down and you still think it's a possibility of a pacers/sixers ECF??-lol
Says the "heat win game 3, book it" guy.

The "coach xxxxxxx should be fired guy".

Old 05-17-2012, 08:08 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Says the "heat win game 3, book it" guy.

The "coach xxxxxxx should be fired guy".

Yeah I definitely thought the Heat would win tonight and it looked good until the half and then I don't know what the hell happened.

Old 05-17-2012, 08:14 PM

The pacers played excellent defense (as they have been for a while now) that's what happened.

Take lebron and/or wade out of the game and the heat are not that tough

Old 05-17-2012, 08:19 PM
FBJ

Quote:
The pacers played excellent defense (as they have been for a while now) that's what happened.

Take lebron and/or wade out of the game and the heat are not that tough

Battier is useless, he missed 6 wide open three pointers and had a break away layup and became nervous and that caused his shot to get blocked from the pacer who was behind him lol

Old 05-17-2012, 08:40 PM

8,340 posts, read 14,097,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Pacers over the Heat in 6...........you heard it here first.
Halfway there! Boom Baby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I'm glad the pacers are good, as I think that city/state has good fans. However, objectively, I'm not giving them much of a chance vs Miami. If I'm wrong I'll happily eat crow as I dislike the heat intensely. Hopefully you'll give us the same if/when your pacers lose handily...

Quote:
It was 2 games in the Magic series that the Pacers just barely won so I have no idea what you mean when you say they win in six versus the Heat. Especially when they will be in Miami for the first two games which means they will be down 0-2 and maybe win one in Indy and then the Heat win in 5 games.
Quote:
Yes you are being a prisoner of the moment because the Heat lost that game because of poor free throw shooting not because the Pacers played that much better. I expect the heat to win Game 3 in Indiana and regain control of the series especially since the Pacers celebrated being TIED in the series instead of being ahead. When will teams learn that just because you are going home doesn't mean you will automatically win both games.
Quote:
miami wins Game 3, Book it

You know, maybe I am being a prisoner of the moment, but I don't think the Heat winning in 5 is mathematically possible anymore. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Anyway............It has been a long time since the Fieldhouse was that loud and raucous. Great atmosphere, and great to see LeBron stammer off the court as time expired. It was even better to watch the Heat fans seated 3 seats from me, all wearing LeBron jerseys, leave the game with 5 minutes left. This, after yelling at a group of Pacer fans and threatening to beat a guy up. Classy.

David Stern's worst nightmare has come true, he now has to acknowledge that Indianapolis has an NBA team; at the very least for another week.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:12 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,607,529 times
I don't think the Heat are done yet, but they've got to figure out a way to make adjustments quickly. Part of the problem with injuries is that the guy is out of the lineup; the other part of the problem is figuring out how to pick up his slack on defense, and how to run the offense, and through whom. The Heat are lucky that this happened in game one, and not say game four or five in a tight series. They wouldn't have the time to make those adjustments then, but they still have another game to figure it out. I think that if they go down 3-1, though, it's a serious problem, even if they somehow miraculously get Bosh back in time. Like I said, the Pacers are a legit squad, regardless of who's opposing them. They're really playing good ball right now, and I have to say, I still don't really know that much about them.

Old 05-17-2012, 10:47 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Halfway there! Boom Baby!!

You know, maybe I am being a prisoner of the moment, but I don't think the Heat winning in 5 is mathematically possible anymore. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Anyway............It has been a long time since the Fieldhouse was that loud and raucous. Great atmosphere, and great to see LeBron stammer off the court as time expired. It was even better to watch the Heat fans seated 3 seats from me, all wearing LeBron jerseys, leave the game with 5 minutes left. This, after yelling at a group of Pacer fans and threatening to beat a guy up. Classy.

David Stern's worst nightmare has come true, he now has to acknowledge that Indianapolis has an NBA team; at the very least for another week.

Pacers have to win 2 more games
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball