U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2012, 10:53 PM

927 posts, read 1,211,159 times

Advertisements

That's 16 wins in a row for the Spurs and 6 in a row in the playoffs. As I suspected the LAC had another good shooting night. Even better than game one. 9 of 13 in fact from beyond the arc yet still lose by 17. Paul was completely ineffective in this game as he was in game one. This surprises me because he is so heavily hyped all the time as being the best etc. It seems whatever the Clippers try is not good enough. My predcition of a series sweep for San Antonio is still alive. The series should be done by Sunday night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 10:58 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,429,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
That's 16 wins in a row for the Spurs and 6 in a row in the playoffs. As I suspected the LAC had another good shooting night. Even better than game one. 9 of 13 in fact from beyond the arc yet still lose by 17. Paul was completely ineffective in this game as he was in game one. This surprises me because he is so heavily hyped all the time as being the best etc. It seems whatever the Clippers try is not good enough. My predcition of a series sweep for San Antonio is still alive. The series should be done by Sunday night.
Looks like the Clippers can steal one in LA but that's about it. Spurs will end it in 5 games

Old 05-17-2012, 11:06 PM

927 posts, read 1,211,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Looks like the Clippers can steal one in LA but that's about it. Spurs will end it in 5 games
With the Spurs average margin of victory during the current streak being 18 it's highly unlikely that the LAC will be able to pull off a "steal". Sure it's possible. Any team can get lucky. It's just not likely. What is much more probable in games 3 and 4 is that the Clippers play a good game for two quarters, maybe even 3, and then fizzle out towards the end and lose by double digits in both games.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:14 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,429,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bresilhac View Post
With the Spurs average margin of victory during the current streak being 18 it's highly unlikely that the LAC will be able to pull off a "steal". Sure it's possible. Any team can get lucky. It's just not likely. What is much more probable in games 3 and 4 is that the Clippers play a good game for two quarters, maybe even 3, and then fizzle out towards the end and lose by double digits in both games.

Well so far they played the best at San Antonio since the playoffs started so that's why I can actually see them winning a close game in LA and most likely game 3.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:43 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,617,676 times
The question I had about SA coming into this series was how well they would do against an athletic team like the Clips. They've answered that question resoundingly. They're for real. They get back on defense and don't give up anything easy. They space the floor well. They let the big three run the team, but they now have the missing pieces to complement them and play physical, athletic ball with anyone. At this point, I'd have to say that they're the faves to win it all. They remind me of the '84 and '86 Celtics. Not the most athletic team in the game, but athletic still, and they kill teams with their discipline, precision, and intelligence.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:55 AM

740 posts, read 1,844,112 times
Whoa, was Miami that bad?? Chalmers outscored LeBron, 25 and 22 respectively. Could this be the first time someone other than the Big 3 posted the most points in a game?

Saw the Spurs-Clippers game 2 up to the third quarter, but I got too sleepy and turned in. From what I have seen, I knew Spurs was going to take this game.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:08 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,888,415 times
I missed the Heat-Pacers game last night, but I've seen the boxscore and a few highlights. Wade with 5 points???!!!!

Old 05-18-2012, 07:09 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,587,178 times
Awwww, poor wittle Dwayne. You're fwustrated cuz you had a lousy night, so what did you do? Get in your coaches face and flex your muscles? Very mature.

Stay classy, Dwayne. No wonder so many basketball fans who used to love this guy now HATE HIM.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:13 AM

52,114 posts, read 41,937,212 times
This is shaping up to be a really boring finals. I was totally joking a little while back that if Miami had a key injury the west would get a stroll in the finals.......and then Bosh goes out.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:18 AM

10,136 posts, read 11,674,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
I don't think the Heat are done yet, but they've got to figure out a way to make adjustments quickly. Part of the problem with injuries is that the guy is out of the lineup; the other part of the problem is figuring out how to pick up his slack on defense, and how to run the offense, and through whom. The Heat are lucky that this happened in game one, and not say game four or five in a tight series. They wouldn't have the time to make those adjustments then, but they still have another game to figure it out. I think that if they go down 3-1, though, it's a serious problem, even if they somehow miraculously get Bosh back in time. Like I said, the Pacers are a legit squad, regardless of who's opposing them. They're really playing good ball right now, and I have to say, I still don't really know that much about them.
It's going to be tough for them. Adjustments is one thing, but execution is key. If they don't get a consistent 3rd scorer they can throw in the towel. Tonight Wade gave them nothing. They simply don't have the players on the team to make up for him or Lebron slacking. They have very little margin of error. I mean what can make Miami dangerous is when they can run or when they are in the half court they can spread the floor but without their 3 point shooter hitting their shoots, the Pacers can force someone other than Lebron or Wade to beat them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball