U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2012, 09:15 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,363,957 times

Advertisements

Being a Spurs fan must be fun. Good team for over a decade, multiple rings, with likable players and they stayed loyal to their coach. There was some good fortune along the way (mainly getting Duncan), but overall, what a great organization.

That said, I'm still taking the Thunder
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 09:17 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,363,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Bug Squash. And I would bet a painful sum on that.

The Spurs and OKC are the only 2 teams in the playoffs playing at the level you need to be at to win a championship.
Yeah, we have reverted back to the early 2000s when the real NBA championship was settled in the WCF. Unless LeBron can go nuts for the next month.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:29 AM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Bug Squash. And I would bet a painful sum on that.

The Spurs and OKC are the only 2 teams in the playoffs playing at the level you need to be at to win a championship.

The Thunder have dodged 3 bullets so far in the playoffs and you actually put them on the same level as the Spurs?? The Bullets are below

Game 1....99-98 win over Mavs
Game 2.....102-99 win over Mavs
Game 2......76-75 win over Lakers

They are not on the Spurs level and it will show next round and i cannot win

Old 05-18-2012, 09:50 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,879,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The Thunder have dodged 3 bullets so far in the playoffs and you actually put them on the same level as the Spurs?? The Bullets are below

Game 1....99-98 win over Mavs
Game 2.....102-99 win over Mavs
Game 2......76-75 win over Lakers

They are not on the Spurs level and it will show next round and i cannot win
Close victories are a part of the game. Just about every great team in history has 'narrowly' won games. Whether they're on the Spurs level is debatable, but it has nothing to do with whether they 'just about' won a few games this playoffs. They also blew out the Lakers in Game 1. As always your logic is like swiss cheese-full of holes.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:02 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Close victories are a part of the game. Just about every great team in history has 'narrowly' won games. Whether they're on the Spurs level is debatable, but it has nothing to do with whether they 'just about' won a few games this playoffs. They also blew out the Lakers in Game 1. As always your logic is like swiss cheese-full of holes.
Keep in mind that I'm using their close wins as a comparison to the Spurs since they are considered the top two teams in the league right now. Now close wins are a part of the game but are you really going to tell me that they didn't steal Game 1 against the Mavs with that lucky bounce off the rim? Games like that usually catch up with you at some point in the playoffs.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Keep in mind that I'm using their close wins as a comparison to the Spurs since they are considered the top two teams in the league right now. Now close wins are a part of the game but are you really going to tell me that they didn't steal Game 1 against the Mavs with that lucky bounce off the rim? Games like that usually catch up with you at some point in the playoffs.
Lucky bounces and breaks are also a part of the game. Just about every great player and team has gotten a lucky bounce here and there. That's how the game goes.... I can tell you've never played it at any level to understand that.

Again, they blew out the Lakers by 29 in Game 1. The next game they 'just' about beat them. The game of basketball, and sports, is a dynamic entity and doesn't play out as linearly as you comprehend it.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:16 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,196,988 times
Quote:
What I mean is the Clippers stayed competitive when they could have just rolled over and died. They didn't stop fighting and keep the game close until the Spurs ran away with it late in the game. So if they show that same kind of effort at home I can see them winning a close game but no more than one game.
Dude your killing me! So the clippers where competitive in their 2 blow out losses BUT Philly is terrible and not competitive because they have had 5-6 games decided by less the 5 points?

That's classic right there!

Old 05-18-2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Dude your killing me! So the clippers where competitive in their 2 blow out losses BUT Philly is terrible and not competitive because they have had 5-6 games decided by less the 5 points?

Don't try to keep up with the 'logic'....your brain will short-circuit.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:23 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,196,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Being a Spurs fan must be fun. Good team for over a decade, multiple rings, with likable players and they stayed loyal to their coach. There was some good fortune along the way (mainly getting Duncan), but overall, what a great organization.

That said, I'm still taking the Thunder
Yes, being a spurs fan has been great for a very long time. Last few years have been heart breaking though.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:27 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post

The Clippers are a better team than the Sixers so let's just get that out the way right now. The Sixers are a joke and is nothing more but a second round guess because of some 1st round luck. Now I said the Clippers played the Spurs a lot better than the Jazz and didn't lay down which is why I see them possibly winning just ONE GAME. I didn't say the Spurs would lose the series I just said they will probably lose a game in LA and close out in 5 games. I mean the Spurs are a great team but they are going to lose eventually so don't get so bent out of shape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball