U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-18-2012, 10:41 AM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,204,830 times
Reputation: 1982

Advertisements

Lmao! Bent out of shape? HA!

You never said the clippers where fighting harder then the jazz, you said the clippers where playing well in San Antonio. You said they were competitive even though they have lost both games by an average of 16+ ppg. You said the 76ers are a joke because they have won close games and have been blown out 2 times in what 9 games? Your double standards are ridiculous but what ever you say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-18-2012, 10:53 AM
 
Location: United Kingdom
432 posts, read 793,662 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Being a Spurs fan must be fun. Good team for over a decade, multiple rings, with likable players and they stayed loyal to their coach. There was some good fortune along the way (mainly getting Duncan), but overall, what a great organization.

That said, I'm still taking the Thunder
Like mentioned yes we are very lucky, couldn't ask for a better organization. That being said those of us who have been following the Spurs our whole lives have not always been so spoiled, We had our dark days.... But the Duncan/Pop era changed everything for the better.

Nice post though, till I scrolled down and saw you were going for OKC. Spurs always come first for me, but OKC is easily my second favorite team to watch and follow. Great small market team, with a lot of support, good cast, potential, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2012, 12:07 PM
 
Location: spring tx
7,912 posts, read 8,204,830 times
Reputation: 1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
nobody wants to see the spurs in the finals except spurs fans. and its not "hate" (the way people hate the lakers or heat) its because they're not an exciting or a polarizing team. theres no one really to hate on the spurs (i.e root against). casual nba fans have no interest in watching them in the finals. i personally havent watched 1 full spurs game these playoffs.. 3 quarters at best but i get bored and go off and do something else.
the celtics, lakers, heat, OKC are more interesting to watch. i was hoping it would be OKC and Miami with OKC winning.. but i'll take OKC vs anyone else at this point. would be fun to see durant win his first ring
So what bores you? The high pace offense? The perfect passing? The beautiful floor spacing? Or have you just been listening to idiots they call the spurs boring yet have no basis in fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2012, 12:21 PM
 
Location: TX
740 posts, read 1,842,937 times
Reputation: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
So what bores you? The high pace offense? The perfect passing? The beautiful floor spacing? Or have you just been listening to idiots they call the spurs boring yet have no basis in fact.
Perhaps the sheer absence of personal melodrama (Basketball Wives anyone?), or that the team members are really nice guys. And nice is boring.

I'll take boring anyday. On a similar note, I like classical music, which most people find boring. So... go Spurs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2012, 12:30 PM
 
1,807 posts, read 2,892,400 times
Reputation: 1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
So what bores you? The high pace offense? The perfect passing? The beautiful floor spacing? Or have you just been listening to idiots they call the spurs boring yet have no basis in fact.
duncans game is boring. theres nothing interesting about his game. theres no emotion from him or any of the big 3.. you can get defensive all you want but i'm telling you what most people who watch basketball feel about the spurs. they're boring. i personally like watching parker play pg, but thats because i grew up playing basketball in middle school and high school and aau tourneys when i was growing up. average fans don't find anything appealing about any of the spurs players.
compare them to the lakers.. are the lakers as good? no. but they have kobe. and kobe by himself will outdraw the entire spurs roster.
same thing with OKC. and Boston. and Miami.
its like comparing a honda accord to a ford mustang.. the mustang seats 2, guzzles gas, not as reliable as the honda which seats 5 and gets fantastic fuel economy and high safety/reliability ratings. the mustang is still a more exciting car. not a better car. just more exciting. and the spurs are the honda accord of the nba. don't care if you disagree. deal with it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2012, 12:59 PM
 
Location: United Kingdom
432 posts, read 793,662 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
nobody wants to see the spurs in the finals except spurs fans. and its not "hate" (the way people hate the lakers or heat) its because they're not an exciting or a polarizing team. theres no one really to hate on the spurs (i.e root against). casual nba fans have no interest in watching them in the finals. i personally havent watched 1 full spurs game these playoffs.. 3 quarters at best but i get bored and go off and do something else.
the celtics, lakers, heat, OKC are more interesting to watch. i was hoping it would be OKC and Miami with OKC winning.. but i'll take OKC vs anyone else at this point. would be fun to see durant win his first ring
It's always been like that, honestly were use to it by now. Everybody has their views and what they enjoy to watch no biggie.. Spurs play the sport the way it was meant to be played. Granted I will give you that isnt what a lot of people want to watch. " A great total team effort, with no one person taking credit" but to each their own. Ill give you the casual fan excuse, cause I know what those people think is exciting.. But I can't see how other NBA fans can not admire and get excited by what the Spurs do... It's just great basketball.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2012, 01:46 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,353,052 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Lmao! Bent out of shape? HA!

You never said the clippers where fighting harder then the jazz, you said the clippers where playing well in San Antonio. You said they were competitive even though they have lost both games by an average of 16+ ppg. You said the 76ers are a joke because they have won close games and have been blown out 2 times in what 9 games? Your double standards are ridiculous but what ever you say.
The final result of both spurs games really didn't tell the whole story because the Clippers were right in the game in the last quarter. So that's what I meant by competitive meaning they didn't roll over and let the spurs beat them by 30. The Sixers like I said are a joke because they are only in the second round because of 3 gifts

Game 1....."rose injury"

Game 3....."Noah's injury"

Game 6....."Bogus call by the ref"


So that team gets no credit from me at all and if they were to win Game 4 i bet you it will be so kind of close win because of a mistake by Boston or a lucky shot by one of the sixers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2012, 03:32 PM
 
4,749 posts, read 3,612,202 times
Reputation: 3225
I always thought LeBron would have been much, much better off going to a team that had a big man, like Dwight Howard. LeBron would have been much better off going to play with Kobe Bryant and playing under Phil Jackson, but the ego in LeBron wanted money, and I think he also felt he wanted to compete against Bryant, rather than play against him. I suspect he might be re-thinking 'the decision' now.

Bosh was actually a great pickup for Miami. I agree that if anyone gets traded, it's Wade, not Bosh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2012, 04:29 PM
 
1,807 posts, read 2,892,400 times
Reputation: 1228
^^wtf?

the lakers didnt have enough money to sign lebron, and never expressed any interest in signing him

lebron makes like 16 mil a year, good for number 15 on the top 15 highest paid players in the NBA list. and lol@ bosh was a 'great pickup' for miami.. did you watch the heat at all last season.. theres a reason the called the heat "two and a half men" or why skip bayless calls bosh "Bosh Spice"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2012, 06:28 PM
 
297 posts, read 340,625 times
Reputation: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The Thunder have dodged 3 bullets so far in the playoffs and you actually put them on the same level as the Spurs?? The Bullets are below

Game 1....99-98 win over Mavs
Game 2.....102-99 win over Mavs
Game 2......76-75 win over Lakers


They are not on the Spurs level and it will show next round and i cannot win
True, but the Spurs have absolutely had the easier road thus far in the playoffs. Heck, even the Lakers would probably be looking at only 1-2 losses total thus far had they played the Spurs opponents.

You can also look at it as the Thunder being battle tested. Spurs have 3 vets that have been tested in past years but they also have a lot of new players that have not been tested. The WCF will be good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top