U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2012, 10:16 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,880,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Game 4 marked Lebron's 100th career playoff game. They compared his stats to some of the greats first 100 play off games. Magic, Bird, and Jordan. Lebron's numbers were actually right up there with the three legends, PPG, FG%, etc. But there's one stat that stuck out. In their first 100 playoff games, Magic Johnson had 3 rings, Bird had 2, and Jordan had 2. Lebron, well, you know how many rings he's got.

I saw that on the air, interesting indeed. I'd have to say Jordan having 2 rings in 100 games is the most impressive out of the lot, considering that he joined a terrible Bulls team that was built to a championship level over 6 years. Magic and Bird were both drafted to considerably more talented teams, giving them infinitely better opportunities to win right from the outset. Lebron joined the Cavs under comparable circumstances to Jordan joining the Bulls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 10:25 AM

1,807 posts, read 2,890,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
NOOOOO! heres hoping for a 3rd sweep!

no team has ever swept the 1st 3 rounds (most wins to start the playoffs is 11 in a row) i could handle my spurs setting that record but i have a feeling they lose game 3.
the 2001 lakers would like to have a word with you. they won 23 of their final 24 games.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:53 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,198,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
the 2001 lakers would like to have a word with you. they won 23 of their final 24 games.
Lakers won 10 in a row in the playoffs, and the record is 11. I will re fraise for those who don't grasp it. The record is 11 playoff wins, and no team has swept 3 seven game series in a row.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:06 AM

740 posts, read 1,842,262 times
Actually, Lakers won 11 in 2001 Playoffs. 3-0 over Portland, 4-0 over Kings, and 4-0 over Spurs. Lost game 1 of NBA Finals to Philly, but won the remaining 4.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:21 AM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,313,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Yes, celtics heat would be fun also...
I'm not too sure about that the way the Celtics have been struggling with the Sixers. And if they need a Game 7 to eliminate the sixers from the playoffs then I will pick the Heat to win 4-1 in the ECF.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:25 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
On last nights Lakers game:

1. Artest with his left hand clearly shoved and deserved a flagrant 1. The announcers were all "Oh that's a reputation call his right hand was clearly on the ball blah blah blah". It was extremely bad announcing that no one pointed out the other hand.

2. Can we put all of the blame on Gasol? I mean he had 14-16, his 3rd double double of the 5 games.

3. Kobe had a beastly night. Again, the announcers made a horribly stupid comment about how Lebron's big night might be motivating Kobe. What a stupid, stupid comment as if he needs that to motivate him.

4. The Lakers should take note of the OKC fan fervor. I know they love their stars but sadly so many people in the lower stands are celebs, aspiring actresses and whatnot....many of which have no clue. (No offense to Jack). They should have a section every once in a while down-low that they have a contest to come and get a free ticket too...like a fanatics section. I KNOW the Lakers have passionate fans, they just can't afford those tix.

I think you are saying that because of Artest reputation because it was not a offensive foul and it was clearly shown on the replay. Artest had all ball and it was a good playoff foul on someone driving to the basket.

I do agree with you about Reggie Miller on TNT.....he needs to be fired.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:29 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
The only thing that annoyed me about that 2001 Lakers team is that they didn't continue their sweep of the playoffs in the NBA Finals. I would have bet everything I owned that the Sixers would have gotten swept that year since they were not as good as the west teams who were swept.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:31 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Lakers won 10 in a row in the playoffs, and the record is 11. I will re fraise for those who don't grasp it. The record is 11 playoff wins, and no team has swept 3 seven game series in a row.
Exactly because in 2001 there was still a first round 5 game series. I don't think it will happen this year either because the Spurs are not good enough to sweep the Thunder but are good enough to beat them in a playoff series.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:46 AM

51,940 posts, read 41,806,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I think you are saying that because of Artest reputation because it was not a offensive foul and it was clearly shown on the replay. Artest had all ball and it was a good playoff foul on someone driving to the basket.

I do agree with you about Reggie Miller on TNT.....he needs to be fired.
Arest got ball (and a little more) with his right hand. An excellent playoff foul.

HOWEVER, his left hand went on the guys right shoulder and then pushed the guy out of bounds. That's what got Artest an F1.

It's the unwarranted extra shove that got the call there.

Oh, and then MWP went up and screamed BULLSHAT in the refs face getting him a technical.

Old 05-22-2012, 12:13 PM

740 posts, read 1,842,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Oh, and then MWP went up and screamed BULLSHAT in the refs face getting him a technical.
Indiana Ron should have elbowed the ref.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball