U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2012, 07:55 PM

4,749 posts, read 3,609,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The Pacers are getting stumped tonight like i expected and will be down 3-2 after tonight. The big reason is because Battier has 12 points
This is the kind of series I thought it was going to be. I thought the Pacers would punch the Heat in the mouth and bloody them up a little bit in the beginning, but that the Heat would recover and gradually retake control. That's what appears to be happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 08:02 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
This is the kind of series I thought it was going to be. I thought the Pacers would punch the Heat in the mouth and bloody them up a little bit in the beginning, but that the Heat would recover and gradually retake control. That's what appears to be happening.
I said yesterday that I didn't think their Game 2 victory at Miami was that convincing which is why I didn't believe they can win another game in Miami.

Old 05-22-2012, 09:56 PM

1,673 posts, read 2,721,974 times
Fun stuff for the Playoffs for 2012

Former Spurs players and coaches

Laker: Mike Brown - Assit Coach
Celtic: Doc Rivers - player
Clippers: Vinny Del Negro - player

Bored at work

Old 05-22-2012, 10:09 PM
FBJ

The Miami Heat played like the 1988 Pistons tonight and it was a beautiful thing to watch

Old 05-22-2012, 10:18 PM
JL

7,352 posts, read 11,883,509 times
Check this video of Pacer's coach Frank Vogel on the David Letterman show when he was 14 yrs old....a stupid human trick...

Young Frank Vogel on Letterman - Video

Old 05-23-2012, 08:24 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,879,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
The Cavaliers were a terrible team without LeBron James. No supporting cast whatsoever. Average role players who played well enough to free up LeBron to score at various points of the game, but Bird, Magic, and Jordan had other great - not just good but great - players to pick up the slack. I would agree that Jordan's '91-93 Bulls teams are the next weakest when compared to LeBron's Cavs, but Pippen could take over a game, and he was an outstanding defender - MJ's equal in that regard. And the Bulls from 96-98 were a great team, with a more solid cast of players, even if Rodman was a wee bit bizarre.
I think you misunderstood what I said. I was comparing the fact that both Jordan and Lebron joined poor rosters in 1984 and 2003. I'm not comparing Jordan's championship rosters to what Lebron had in Cleveland. I'm saying both the Bulls and the Cavs were horrible franchises when Jordan and Lebron joined them as rookies. Which makes Jordan winning 2 rings in 100 playoff games more impressive to me that Bird and Magic winning 2-3 rings in 100 playoff games, because those guys joined much better teams in 1979 than what Jordan joined in 1984. Because of that, both Bird and Magic were placed in winning situations. Jordan's Bulls, by contrast, had to be built to a championship-level over several seasons.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:49 AM

1,807 posts, read 2,890,266 times
someone needs to make a greg popovich appreciation post. one of the most respected coaches in the last 25 years of the league, along witih jerry sloan. underrated because of phil jackson outshining everybody. but popovich has every single players respect on the spurs, and u cant say that about most coaches in the league

Old 05-23-2012, 04:14 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
someone needs to make a greg popovich appreciation post. one of the most respected coaches in the last 25 years of the league, along witih jerry sloan. underrated because of phil jackson outshining everybody. but popovich has every single players respect on the spurs, and u cant say that about most coaches in the league
That's probably because Pop scares them-lol He is not the most pleasant looking coach in the NBA and I believe that they want to see him snap so they try to avoid playing stupid.

Old 05-23-2012, 06:57 PM

3,441 posts, read 5,003,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
That's probably because Pop scares them-lol He is not the most pleasant looking coach in the NBA and I believe that they want to see him snap so they try to avoid playing stupid.
I would hate to see what Pop does to his team when they lose.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:55 PM

51,940 posts, read 41,806,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
Pops and VERY IMPORTANTLY the organization backing him is 1st class.

They aren't going to but in on a trade (KNicks) or blame him when their bad trades fail (Orlando).

First coach in about 2 decades to repeat as coach of the year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball