U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2012, 12:27 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,412,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Offensive rebounds 17 vs. 5

I'm waiting for you to blame Rondo for not boxing out the 76ers bigs.

...and he didn't guard Iguodala very well down the stretch either.

What's up with all the misdirected blame lately? Garnett missed a ton of mid-range jumpers and they got slaughtered on the glass.
I'm harder on Rondo because he lost Game 2 all by himself. KG hasn't lost a game by himself in the series but he does need to play better because he hasn't been playing that well since Game 3. It sucks that he can only play his best in Boston.

I told my cousin I didn't have a good feeling about this series because of two people

doc rivers and rondo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 12:37 PM

28,575 posts, read 15,510,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Offensive rebounds 17 vs. 5

I'm waiting for you to blame Rondo for not boxing out the 76ers bigs.

...and he didn't guard Iguodala very well down the stretch either.

What's up with all the misdirected blame lately? Garnett missed a ton of mid-range jumpers and they got slaughtered on the glass.
The offensive rebounds have to favor the Celtics. They got 5 shots on one possession in the 3rdQ. Ray Allen scored both of his baskets in the 1stQ on second shots - ditto Rondo in the 4thQ.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Game 3 vs Bulls.......refs

Game 6 vs Bulls.........refs

Game 4 vs Celtics......refs

So I believe it's 3 wins
Teams put themselves in a position to be in games to where a favorable call can put them over the edge. if they were no good, the refs wouldn't matter.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:05 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Teams put themselves in a position to be in games to where a favorable call can put them over the edge. if they were no good, the refs wouldn't matter.
I disagree, we watched the refs help the sixers come back in Game 4 with numerous trips to the foul line in the 3rd qtr. This is the worst team I ever seen in the 2nd round of a NBA playoff series. And if they somehow luck their way into a win on saturday it will only mean they have a SWEEP waiting for them by the Heat.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
I disagree, we watched the refs help the sixers come back in Game 4 with numerous trips to the foul line in the 3rd qtr. This is the worst team I ever seen in the 2nd round of a NBA playoff series. And if they somehow luck their way into a win on saturday it will only mean they have a SWEEP waiting for them by the Heat.
Calls by the refs eventually even themselves out. Sometimes you get the calls - sometimes you don't.

Yeah the Sixers ain't pretty - but whatever - 24 other teams wish they could be just as ugly right now.

Here's an article that you probably totally agree with.

Sixers-Celtics Game 6: Time for a seventh horror show

Neither the Celtics nor the Sixers are as bad as they appeared in Game 6. It is a special concoction occurring. The Sixers are a bad offensive fit to attack the Celtics' cerebral and hellacious defense because of their lack of a singular, consistent offensive threat. The Celtics are unfit to attack the Sixers' tremendous defense because they are extremely old and incredibly injured. The combination leads to box scores which should be reserved for college games between two untalented teams.

It's a nightmare.

So they'll play a seventh game, and we'll all hold back our bile and stomach it, waiting for who will wind up in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Old 05-24-2012, 04:59 PM

8,345 posts, read 14,128,093 times
Guess what, Game 6 is tonight. I'll be the guy in gold. Go Pacers!!

Old 05-24-2012, 06:00 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
I will be looking for you later Mr. Gold so just make sure I can find you. lol

Old 05-24-2012, 08:37 PM
FBJ

Quote:
I think I saw you on TV, you were the guy dressed in Gold leaving the stadium-lol Pacers lose 3 in a row and out of the playoffs-lol I don't think no one expected that after the way the Heat lost game 3.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:22 PM

8,345 posts, read 14,128,093 times
Quote:
I think I saw you on TV, you were the guy dressed in Gold leaving the stadium-lol Pacers lose 3 in a row and out of the playoffs-lol I don't think no one expected that after the way the Heat lost game 3.
They hung tough, much tougher than anyone expected.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:28 PM
FBJ

Quote:
They hung tough, much tougher than anyone expected.

They didn't hang tough because they lost 3 games in a row. Hanging tough is stopping a team from winning 3 games in a row. Hibbert is a 7 foot joke and doesn't need to be in the NBA. He always looks confused and too slow to react to players driving to the hoop and slow as hell. They need to get rid of that fool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball