U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 09:17 AM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,293,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
ROY HIBBERT was #3 in the league in blocked shots this season. he as a 13-9 player this season. not a lot of bigs doing better then 13-9. his ppg went down a little in the post season, but his rebounds went up over 11. thats good for second in the post season for rebounds.

i dont understand why you think every player to play the game has to channel wilt or jordan or russell or oscar or stockton or magic to be "worthy" of being on the floor but your just getting ridiculous, even more so lately.
I;m not getting ridiculous you have to perform in the postseason as a starting center and he did not step up the last 3 games. And why does he have to be that slow to react to players when he is playing defense? Is there something wrong with his knees? Was he injured during the season? Looks like he was playing hurt or just has no type of mobility in the paint which is not good when you are 7 foot 2.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2012, 09:25 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,195,031 times
2nd in rebounding, 3rd in blocks in the post season, and shot 50% good enough for 4-5 in centers who actually got real minutes.

so the guy got taken out of a couple games, next you will be telling us that tim duncan should have retired 5 years ago because he under performed against dallas or la.

you know people who put to much faith in one game, or 3 games or one series or even one playoffs are idiots. trevor ariza fooled everyone into thinking he was a budding star when he had a single good series in the nba finals vs the celtics for the lakers. he got paid well over his value because of it, and he has proceeded to look silly in trying to live up to the hype.

dont be that guy that buys into things so much off so little.

Old 05-25-2012, 10:24 AM

28,456 posts, read 15,436,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I saw Wade and Lebron drive right at him several times to the basket and either went right at him and scored or around him for the easy lay up. No player with his height should be that useless on defense when guards are driving to the basket. Hibbert is 7 foot 2 but 6 foot 2 on defense which is just plain sad.
Reality check - You're talking Wade and Lebron - they do that to everybody.

Old 05-25-2012, 11:10 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Reality check - You're talking Wade and Lebron - they do that to everybody.
I don't recall them doing it to Boston during the regular season and they don't have anyone who is 7 foot 2. I think Wade and Lebron was going at him purposely because they were able to see he was a defensive joke and wanted to make a fool of him.

Old 05-25-2012, 12:06 PM

9,349 posts, read 5,564,600 times
Quote:
I think Wade and Lebron was going at him purposely because they were able to see he was a defensive joke and wanted to make a fool of him.
I definitely agree with you there. Bron and Wade were slashing to the whole the entire series. They'd either beat Hibbert completely for an easy layup, or he'd get there late and foul.

Old 05-25-2012, 01:17 PM

10,136 posts, read 11,644,663 times
Quote:
I don't recall them doing it to Boston during the regular season and they don't have anyone who is 7 foot 2. I think Wade and Lebron was going at him purposely because they were able to see he was a defensive joke and wanted to make a fool of him.
If being tall allowed you to stop these players everytime they drive players would average more blocks. Wade and Lebron are the best slashers in the league, they can score on anyone but that doesn't mean it's easy. They both hit tough shots that most players can't hit.

Old 05-25-2012, 01:21 PM

28,456 posts, read 15,436,866 times
Quote:
I can't see Wade and James being reluctant to drive on anyone in Boston.

Old 05-25-2012, 03:15 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtitans View Post
If being tall allowed you to stop these players everytime they drive players would average more blocks. Wade and Lebron are the best slashers in the league, they can score on anyone but that doesn't mean it's easy. They both hit tough shots that most players can't hit.
Well why is Ibaka for the Thunder who is shorter than 7'2 so dominant in the paint when a player tries to score? That's why he has the nickname.."Iblocka" because he is a beast down low. So there is nothing anyone can say to excuse Hibbert for being weak in the paint and not playing good defense.

Old 05-25-2012, 05:15 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,195,031 times
Sir chewbaca is not a great defender 1 on 1, he doesn't get blocks often heads up, he is a very good weak side/ help defender. He comes over and swipes at the shot from behind or while playing off the offensive player.

Old 05-25-2012, 05:35 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Sir chewbaca is not a great defender 1 on 1, he doesn't get blocks often heads up, he is a very good weak side/ help defender. He comes over and swipes at the shot from behind or while playing off the offensive player.
I watched every laker game and he had lots of blocks heads up which was from behind. That's why I was trying to find out how tall he was because he was such a monster down low when one of the Lakers tried to score
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball