U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 12:43 AM
JJG

13,247 posts, read 19,182,274 times

Advertisements

Hipster Level: EXTREME

Last edited by JJG; 05-26-2012 at 12:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 09:58 AM

10,136 posts, read 11,648,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Well why is Ibaka for the Thunder who is shorter than 7'2 so dominant in the paint when a player tries to score? That's why he has the nickname.."Iblocka" because he is a beast down low. So there is nothing anyone can say to excuse Hibbert for being weak in the paint and not playing good defense.
Aren't you a Heat fan? It sounds like you are trying to discredit what Wade and James did. You act like they scored on a complete scrub. I'm sitting here actually trying to give them credit and now you're trying to make it seem like they didn't have a challenge. I don't get it. Like rigas says, Ibaka is a bit overrated as a defender, and your point has nothing to do with what I said about Wade and James.

Old 05-26-2012, 11:57 AM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,313,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtitans View Post
Aren't you a Heat fan? It sounds like you are trying to discredit what Wade and James did. You act like they scored on a complete scrub. I'm sitting here actually trying to give them credit and now you're trying to make it seem like they didn't have a challenge. I don't get it. Like rigas says, Ibaka is a bit overrated as a defender, and your point has nothing to do with what I said about Wade and James.
Well if Ibaka is overrated as a defender then I have to make an appointment for eye surgery next week because I clearly remember him blocking everything in the first 2 rounds of the Western playoffs.

Old 05-26-2012, 02:00 PM

3,114 posts, read 2,525,978 times
I don't really have a dog in this fight, but I'm kind of rooting for the 76ers to take down the Celtics tonight.

I'm still semi-boycotting the season but I think it would be better for the future success of the NBA to have an up and coming team like the 76ers to get over an aging and definitely past its prime group of Celtics.

Nothing bores me more than to see an aging and increasingly unathletic team go far into the playoffs year after year. It's better to watch an athletic team play smart enough to beat an experienced team than to watch an experienced team beat a younger team because of a younger team's reckless stupidity.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:37 PM

28,493 posts, read 15,453,012 times
Here's my pregame question - they are showing promos of Game 7 with Iguodala on the Sixer graphic. Is he really deserving? Who do you put there? They have 6 people who could lead the team in scoring.

I say put Doug Collins on the graphic - he's the biggest reason they are here right now.

Sixers have to penetrate to the basket effectively to win. Turner - nothing outside of 5 feet. Iguodala - need him flying around the rim.

Just don't get blown out.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:46 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post
I don't really have a dog in this fight, but I'm kind of rooting for the 76ers to take down the Celtics tonight.

I'm still semi-boycotting the season but I think it would be better for the future success of the NBA to have an up and coming team like the 76ers to get over an aging and definitely past its prime group of Celtics.

Nothing bores me more than to see an aging and increasingly unathletic team go far into the playoffs year after year. It's better to watch an athletic team play smart enough to beat an experienced team than to watch an experienced team beat a younger team because of a younger team's reckless stupidity.
And then get swept by the Heat

Old 05-26-2012, 05:48 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Here's my pregame question - they are showing promos of Game 7 with Iguodala on the Sixer graphic. Is he really deserving? Who do you put there? They have 6 people who could lead the team in scoring.

I say put Doug Collins on the graphic - he's the biggest reason they are here right now.

Sixers have to penetrate to the basket effectively to win. Turner - nothing outside of 5 feet. Iguodala - need him flying around the rim.

Just don't get blown out.

Celtics will easily if they don't turnover the ball. Sixers need turnovers by the other team to score which is why the team is a JOKE. If they turnover the ball

Sixers 88
Celtics 83

If the Celtics hang on to the ball

Sixers 77
Celtics 94

Old 05-26-2012, 05:49 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyraBrian View Post

And what would be so exciting about seeing the Sixers get SWEPT by Miami?

Old 05-26-2012, 06:35 PM

28,493 posts, read 15,453,012 times
Turner has already missed two jumpers outside of 5 feet in the 1stQ. Ugh. Good thing he does other things.

Brand looks good so far - even hitting the fadeaway.

Old 05-26-2012, 07:06 PM

3,466 posts, read 3,149,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
And what would be so exciting about seeing the Sixers get SWEPT by Miami?
Or the Celtics get beat in 5, what's the difference? Miami isn't beating the Spurs or the Thunder in the finals.

5 minutes left in the 2nd quarter and both teams are shooting terrible, Evan Turner may have a worse shot than Eric Snow, god he's awful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball