Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 10:00 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,768,763 times

Advertisements

It ended up to be a good year for the Sixers, especially for a team that can't shoot, they have one superstar and it's defense but hopefully they will get some help this summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 10:28 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,912,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Well if Ibaka is overrated as a defender then I have to make an appointment for eye surgery next week because I clearly remember him blocking everything in the first 2 rounds of the Western playoffs.
You know blocks are a misleading statistic. For instance JaVale McGee has been one of the league leaders in blocks the pass few seasons but he's a horrible positional defender. He gets lost on pick and rolls and he doesn't know how to position himself against skilled bigs. Ibaka is no different. Both of them are effective as weak side helpers. That's where they make their money blocking shots, but if you watch either one of them one-on-one, you will really see how good or bad a defender they are. You can't look at the statistics to determine if somebody is a good defender. Defense is one of those things that you really have to see, to know how good those players are.

Old 05-26-2012, 11:03 PM

45,230 posts, read 26,737,594 times
Definitely the Sixers overachieved with their effort. Should have won Game 1. Bad free throw shooting. Did not capitalize when Pierce fouled out.

Turner did hit one outside shot in the 3rdQ. He needed to take everything to the basket.

oh well.

Old 05-26-2012, 11:28 PM

431 posts, read 924,687 times
Was really going for the Sixers in that series. But like stated they had a great run in the playoffs.

So..
Spurs-Thunder
Celtics-Heat

Who didn't see it turning out this way honestly... After the Bulls dropped out no real surprises...

Heres to hoping for a Spurs-Celtics Finals.

Old 05-27-2012, 12:25 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,776,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
It ended up to be a good year for the Sixers, especially for a team that can't shoot, they have one superstar and it's defense but hopefully they will get some help this summer.
I'm glad their cinderella story is over and I don't have to see Doug Collins face anymore. The Sixers were on borrowed time anyway and it ran out-lol

Old 05-27-2012, 12:26 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Definitely the Sixers overachieved with their effort. Should have won Game 1. Bad free throw shooting. Did not capitalize when Pierce fouled out.

Turner did hit one outside shot in the 3rdQ. He needed to take everything to the basket.

oh well.
And the Celtics should have won Game 2 and 4 so tell me what you really mean?

Old 05-27-2012, 01:11 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,075,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
And what would be so exciting about seeing the Sixers get SWEPT by Miami?
Please note that I'm semi-boycotting this season, so I don't particularly care what happens this year. In a couple of years, a younger team that earned a playoff pedigree would have been more interesting than a Celtics team that would either be older or totally broken up.

However, in my defense, my semi-boycott didn't allow me to realize that the 76ers are pretty unwatchable.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:42 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,776,449 times

Old 05-28-2012, 08:25 AM

742 posts, read 2,059,641 times
Default Spurs-Thunder Game 1

Watching it in person is much different from watching it on TV. Don't know who sang the Star-Spangled Banner (I thought of Boyz II Men, even though there were six of them on the court). I might be the only Spurs fan that applauded when Durant, Westbrook, Fisher, Collison, Ibaka and the Beard made their shots.

This wasn't the Spurs' best performance, even though they won (finally taking the lead at 4th quarter. The turnovers at half-time was disheartening: 14 (compared to OKC's 4). If the Spurs win game 2, they have the advantage going into games 3 & 4.

On a side note, pro-wrestler Shawn "Heartbreak Kid" Michaels was invited on the court to briefly address the audience. Sadly, I didn't snap any pictures.

Old 05-28-2012, 07:22 PM
FBJ

Heat vs Celtics getting ready to start, I expect a blow because Boston has no bench but we will see what happens
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball