U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2012, 08:57 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,569,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
I say it was a good no call. The way gallanari rolled on the floor, then just jumped up and walked off looking around was terrible.

I agree had it been Kobe on the ground would have been a foul, BUT Kobe doesn't flop like that often.
I agree. A lot of folks said if Gallinari didn't overexaggerate so darn much, the refs might have actually given him the call LOL.

it's funny watchin the lakers sometimes. Seems like whenever Kobe and Pau miss a shot in traffic, they always look over to the refs with their arms up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 08:58 AM

51,966 posts, read 41,815,822 times
Sigh. I'd hoped the Bulls would at least get some playoff experience but with their #1 and #3 best players out.....not going to happen.

Oh well, hope Rose recovers fully.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:01 AM

5,288 posts, read 6,365,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Sigh. I'd hoped the Bulls would at least get some playoff experience but with their #1 and #3 best players out.....not going to happen.

Oh well, hope Rose recovers fully.
And #2 having a broken hand. Ive never been one for excuses, but talk about a perfect #@$@ storm that this team had.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:05 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,199,926 times
So there are how many players injured this playoffs? And not little ones but major injuries. Sterny says its just coincidence and has nothing to do with packing in games at a 1 game to every 1.8 day ratio. I have never been a fan but I like most of what he has done to get the league where it is. That said this season almost seems like punishment for the players stance during the lockout.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:44 AM

51,966 posts, read 41,815,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
And #2 having a broken hand. Ive never been one for excuses, but talk about a perfect #@$@ storm that this team had.
Yep. I'm just really happy with the team and know that they will heal up and be a threat next year.

They are still young and improving and have tons of trade ammo if they need to make some moves. Sometimes crap happens.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
So there are how many players injured this playoffs? And not little ones but major injuries. Sterny says its just coincidence and has nothing to do with packing in games at a 1 game to every 1.8 day ratio. I have never been a fan but I like most of what he has done to get the league where it is. That said this season almost seems like punishment for the players stance during the lockout.
I agree with you. With a lot of players coming into the season out of shape, and Stern was asking them to play 4, sometimes 5 games a week. Just too much.

Old 05-07-2012, 12:59 PM

3,441 posts, read 5,004,641 times
I miss Lamar Odom.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:14 PM

Anyone who comes out of the West is fine by me, just as long as the Thunder don't win the championship.

Spurs, Lakers or Clippers, it doesn't matter to me.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Anyone who comes out of the West is fine by me, just as long as the Thunder don't win the championship.

Spurs, Lakers or Clippers, it doesn't matter to me.
Just outta curiosity, why don't you like the Thunder? They're led by one of the most humble, down to earth stars in kevin Durant. Westrbook, who needs a chill pill sometimes but is a good point man, James Harden who is clutch, Ibaka who leads the NBA in blocks.

They're young, explosive, and fun to watch.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Just outta curiosity, why don't you like the Thunder? They're led by one of the most humble, down to earth stars in kevin Durant. Westrbook, who needs a chill pill sometimes but is a good point man, James Harden who is clutch, Ibaka who leads the NBA in blocks.

They're young, explosive, and fun to watch.
I hate them because.....

Durant looks like a skinny tribal hunter.

Westbrook looks like the Grinch with a basketball.

Harden looks like a black jesus.

Yes, I am a black guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball