U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2012, 03:37 PM

3,653 posts, read 3,880,422 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 03:51 PM

4,399 posts, read 9,059,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Not mad, I knew it was over when rose went down. But I'd be vey interested to hear why you think a Boston team who couldn't do it last year, is going to beat a better heat tem this year. Outside of homerism of course
Alot is different as has already been said. Smaller and faster team and the possibility of Rondo being healthy.

Old 05-07-2012, 04:14 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,364,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
Alot is different as has already been said. Smaller and faster team and the possibility of Rondo being healthy.
I didn't see a lot.... I saw one comment from someone who caveated it by saying they would lose.

Whats weird is I remember Rondo being pretty effective last year in the playoffs, I didnt realize he was hurt. But I'll take your word as my memory often fails me.

So you think the Celtics are going to beat the Heat because of their bench then? Becuase they have the same four core guys, and as we all know, bench minutes get limited in the post season and it's usually your starters that will win you games. Personally when the Heat got beat last year, I thought the big X Factor was Tyson Chandler - but honestly the Mavs were just a better team overall that series.

IMO saying that the celtics will beat the heat due to speed and a transition game (especially for an old team like the Celtics) is pretty ridiculous.

Old 05-07-2012, 04:42 PM

4,399 posts, read 9,059,476 times
Quote:
I didn't see a lot.... I saw one comment from someone who caveated it by saying they would lose.

Whats weird is I remember Rondo being pretty effective last year in the playoffs, I didnt realize he was hurt. But I'll take your word as my memory often fails me.

So you think the Celtics are going to beat the Heat because of their bench then? Becuase they have the same four core guys, and as we all know, bench minutes get limited in the post season and it's usually your starters that will win you games. Personally when the Heat got beat last year, I thought the big X Factor was Tyson Chandler - but honestly the Mavs were just a better team overall that series.

IMO saying that the celtics will beat the heat due to speed and a transition game (especially for an old team like the Celtics) is pretty ridiculous.
He separated his shoulder I believe in game 3 or so, not sure the exact time. I didn't say the celts would run the heat off the court but they do match up better with a smaller team because the heat don't have much of an inside game anyway, except bosh standing at the foul line taking 15 foot jumpers, but it's pretty obvious that this smaller team matches up better with the heat especially since perkins and Shaq didn't give them much anyway.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:08 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,313,442 times
I feel that Tibs is doing a horrible coaching job in the series against the sixers for the reasons below

1. In Game 2, The Bulls had a 8 point at the half mainly because of John Lucas and Tibs never put him back in the game. He also never made an adjustment on Holiday

2. In Game 3, The Bulls are leading by 13 in the 4th qtr and Tibs can't manage to come up with a defensive game plan to stop Spencer Hawes

3. In Game 4, the Bulls had a 3 point lead in the 3rd qtr and keep it close in the 4th and Tibs once again could not come up with a defensive game plan to stop Jrue Holiday and Spencer Hawes.

So this man is always praised for his defense and in 2 games Tibs allowed his team to be killed by the same two players in different games, Game 2 and Game 4. So is he now being exposed? What do you think Bulls fans?

Old 05-07-2012, 06:12 PM
FBJ

Also the injury excuse cannot be used for the Bulls in this series because they were ahead in every single game after Game 1 with their biggest lead being in game 3. Not only that, The Bulls still managed to battle the Sixers without Noah and was only down 1 in the 4th qtr. So the coach has been out coached by Doug Collins after he has been praised so much in the best for defense. There was absolutely no excuse for the Bulls not to steal atleast one game in Philly and head back home with the series tied 2-2.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Also the injury excuse cannot be used for the Bulls in this series because they were ahead in every single game after Game 1 with their biggest lead being in game 3. Not only that, The Bulls still managed to battle the Sixers without Noah and was only down 1 in the 4th qtr. So the coach has been out coached by Doug Collins after he has been praised so much in the best for defense. There was absolutely no excuse for the Bulls not to steal atleast one game in Philly and head back home with the series tied 2-2.
Lol yeah, losing your best player is no excuse at all. Not like he was MVP last year or anything... Welcome back btw

Old 05-07-2012, 07:16 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Lol yeah, losing your best player is no excuse at all. Not like he was MVP last year or anything... Welcome back btw
No I mean it can't be used as an excuse in regards to the Sixers because they still have a better team. Now if they were facing the Celtics in round 2 or the Heat in round 3 then you would have to factor in the injury. I honestly thought they would still beat the Sixers 4-1 without Rose but the Sixers became confident after game 2

Old 05-07-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
No I mean it can't be used as an excuse in regards to the Sixers because they still have a better team. Now if they were facing the Celtics in round 2 or the Heat in round 3 then you would have to factor in the injury. I honestly thought they would still beat the Sixers 4-1 without Rose but the Sixers became confident after game 2
So you think the sixers beat the bulls with rose healthy?

Old 05-07-2012, 07:29 PM
FBJ

Quote:
So you think the sixers beat the bulls with rose healthy?
No i think the Bulls sweep the sixers with a healthy Derrick Rose. I also thought that the Bulls would still win the series without Rose and clinch in Game 5 but the coaching by Tibs has been so poor that he is now looking like a fraud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball