Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2012, 04:10 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,703 times

Advertisements

So funny watching Dwayne Wade play, one of the biggest whiners in NBA history.

Besides Kobe Bryant, nobody in the league complains more about not getting foul calls on offense than Dwayne Wade. And just now, he fouled the HELL out of Carmelo Anthony, and he looked at the refs for being called for a foul. They showed the replay, and it was CLEARLY a foul. Both commentators agreed it was a foul.

Gotta love D.Wade, the 2nd biggest whiner in the NBA, and the same guy who said NBA players should be paid to play in the Olympics. what a jerk...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 05:36 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,704,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Not mad, I knew it was over when rose went down. But I'd be vey interested to hear why you think a Boston team who couldn't do it last year, is going to beat a better heat tem this year. Outside of homerism of course
Heat will win again( should they play Boston), but it's a different matchup from last year: Boston was one of the biggest teams last year ( Shaq, Garnett, big baby, Jermain Oneal, Perkins before the trade) and one of the smaller teams this year. I still don't know why Boston traded away Perkins. The guy they traded for him doesn't even play for them anymore.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:11 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,329,735 times
Heat will close out NY. They just let this one get away from them.

I think Boston will be an interesting test for Miami. The Celtics, like the Spurs, seem to have a good balance of youth and veterans working for them this time. I think the Heat have to be favored, but it won't be easy.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:35 PM

14,679 posts, read 14,641,413 times
The Perkins trade was indeed horrible, but it may be a blessing in disguise right now. Boston lost its height, but gained speed. Rondo, Bass & Bradley create a fast-break scenario which was pretty much impossible before. Garnett as a center takes pressure off him from defending more physical power forwards, and Allen at his age is ideal coming off the bench. That's what has made them a better team than at this point last year.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:59 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,534,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
The Perkins trade was indeed horrible, but it may be a blessing in disguise right now. Boston lost its height, but gained speed. Rondo, Bass & Bradley create a fast-break scenario which was pretty much impossible before. Garnett as a center takes pressure off him from defending more physical power forwards, and Allen at his age is ideal coming off the bench. That's what has made them a better team than at this point last year.
looks like it has worked out well for both the celts and thunder. perk is doing well as a low post defender for the thunder...even has a short jumper...he does a very good job on bynum which is hard to do.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:07 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,086,275 times
Pretty disappointed in the nuggets last night. They should have won that game but they let it slip away.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:22 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Pretty disappointed in the nuggets last night. They should have won that game but they let it slip away.
Agreed. Even though I admit he flopped, that was a pretty hard pick Pau set on Gallinari. But no foul call.

Local sports radio in Denver brought up a good point, if that was KOBE BRYANT on the receving end of that "strong pick," and Kobe went down to the floor, would a foul have been called then?

Most basketball fans are aware that there are a lot of questionable calls in the playoffs, especially for the stars. Kobe seems to get foul calls if you breathe on him, and the rest of the Lakers get petty foul calls as well.

Typical NBA, David Stern doesn't want his Lakers going out in the first round, he needs the ratings. And most of the country doesn't care about the Denver Nuggets. Truth hurts I guess.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:08 AM

I say it was a good no call. The way gallanari rolled on the floor, then just jumped up and walked off looking around was terrible.

I agree had it been Kobe on the ground would have been a foul, BUT Kobe doesn't flop like that often.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:33 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,487,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
I say it was a good no call. The way gallanari rolled on the floor, then just jumped up and walked off looking around was terrible.

I agree had it been Kobe on the ground would have been a foul, BUT Kobe doesn't flop like that often.
Yeah, Kobe makes the whiner face often when it comes to calls, but he doesn't flop all over the floor like Wade or LeBron do. Not saying it never happens, but Kobe is not an "elite" flopper by the NBA standards.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:48 AM

I have to ask, where is slo? He was our resident "mavs are repeating" guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball