U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-30-2012, 01:07 PM
 
Location: Ro cha cha, NY
3,061 posts, read 4,199,781 times
Reputation: 5381

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
He gets a pass because every NBA fan with 20/20 vision can see the Spurs are going to win the title. No one felt that way about the 2011 Mavs which is why Lebron got a lot of Heat after they lost the Finals. Last year was the best opportunity for Lebron to win a ring because that Mavs team was no where close as good to the 2012 Spurs team.

He don't get a pass. A team with Wade and the so called "King James" (who's supposed to be the best in the NBA) gets no pass. They still have Chalmers who is a good scorer, Battier, and Miller who can shoot the three with anyone. Why do they get a pass? Lebrons supposed to be the best in the game and then you have Wade who is top five. Sorry, no pass for me. The Spurs are the best team because of "team" work and Coach Pop. Miami still has the most talent. So why should they get a pass? Sorry, I just don't buy it, and I don't buy most of ESPN's theories. If you know ESPN, than you'll know, it's all just a set up. Once Miami loses, they'll chip away at the excuses and say that they still should have won. Because they should. They surely have the talent. You'll see, Sportsboy, wait a few weeks. Those tides will turn. But I don't listen to the manipulation of Espn anyway. They have intentions that few can understand. It's a star driven league. The Spurs are the oppossite. To keep interest, they have to break things down this way, to keep people interested in the "comeback" year next year with a healthy Bosh. Just more rhetoric and b.s. if you ask me. See when I went to college, I learned one important thing. To think for myself.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 05-30-2012 at 02:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-30-2012, 01:12 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
He don't get a pass. A team with Wade and the so called "King James" gets no pass. They still have Chalmers who is a good scorer, Battier, and Miller who can shoot the three with anyone. Why do they get a pass? Lebrons supposed to be the best in the game and then you have Wade who is top five. Sorry, no pass for me. The Spurs are the best team because of "team" work and Coach Pop. Miami still has the most talent. So why should they get a pass? Sorry, I just don't buy it, and I don't buy most of ESPN's theories. If you know ESPN, than you'll know, it's all just a set up. Once Miami loses, they'll chip away at the excuses and say that they still should have won. Because they should. They surely have the talent. You'll see, Sportsboy, wait a few weeks. Those tides will turn. But I don't listen to the manipulation of Espn anyway. They have intentions that few can understand. It's a star driven league. The Spurs are the oppossite. To keep interest, they have to break things down this way, to keep people interested in the "comeback" year next year with a healthy Bosh. Just more rhetoric and b.s. if you ask me. See when I went to college, I learned one important thing. To think for myself.
He is getting a pass because the HEAT don't have all their players which is Bosh. Bosh would make the matchup with the Spurs more competitive but since he is not there the Heat are not good enough to beat the Spurs. Also you have to remember that there will be times when Lebron is on the Floor and Wade is not and vice versa which gives the advantage to the spurs because of their bench. If Bosh was there it would be more even because 2 of the Big Three would always be on the floor but now only 1 of the Big 3 will be on the floor at certain times of the game. So that's why Lebron is playing with HOUSE MONEY because no one expects the Heat to beat the Spurs because they are short-handed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2012, 01:46 PM
 
Location: Ro cha cha, NY
3,061 posts, read 4,199,781 times
Reputation: 5381
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
He is getting a pass because the HEAT don't have all their players which is Bosh. Bosh would make the matchup with the Spurs more competitive but since he is not there the Heat are not good enough to beat the Spurs. Also you have to remember that there will be times when Lebron is on the Floor and Wade is not and vice versa which gives the advantage to the spurs because of their bench. If Bosh was there it would be more even because 2 of the Big Three would always be on the floor but now only 1 of the Big 3 will be on the floor at certain times of the game. So that's why Lebron is playing with HOUSE MONEY because no one expects the Heat to beat the Spurs because they are short-handed
Did you learn that from Espn. Stop watching first take with Skip Clueless, and start "thinking for yourself".
The truth is Bosh being there would make no difference at all, and most of Espn knows it. They are already selling that b.s. for next year. That's what they do, overrate and overhype theories and ideas. Bottom line is, they would still lose. The Spurs are more balanced and unlike the Heat and OKC, they don't need their three stars to score in the eighties to win. So my point remains, they get no pass. Bosh being there would only make the series a little longer. In the end Miami would still lose. So sorry, I disagree-no pass for "king James". Let's agree to disagree and we'll leave it at that.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 05-30-2012 at 02:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2012, 04:43 PM
 
Location: TX
740 posts, read 1,842,091 times
Reputation: 295
I speak for myself when I say that LeBron does NOT get a pass regardless of who is (not) on the team. If he doesn't do it, the heat's on him as before. Isn't that why he took his "talents to South Beach and join the Miami Heat"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2012, 07:45 AM
 
3,722 posts, read 3,879,507 times
Reputation: 2774
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Did you learn that from Espn. Stop watching first take with Skip Clueless, and start "thinking for yourself".
The truth is Bosh being there would make no difference at all, and most of Espn knows it. They are already selling that b.s. for next year. That's what they do, overrate and overhype theories and ideas. Bottom line is, they would still lose. The Spurs are more balanced and unlike the Heat and OKC, they don't need their three stars to score in the eighties to win. So my point remains, they get no pass. Bosh being there would only make the series a little longer. In the end Miami would still lose. So sorry, I disagree-no pass for "king James". Let's agree to disagree and we'll leave it at that.

I agree with everything you have said. Look at Boston. You could easily say that had Perkins not hurt his knee and missed game 7 of the 2010 Finals, they would have beaten the Lakers considering how bad Kobe was that night. That would have been 2 titles in 3 years for Boston's Big 3.

James is not a clutch player when it matters, case in point last night. Kobe is. Jordan was. Bird was. James should not get a pass at all. Especially when he is shooting almost as many FTs at his opponents are as a team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-31-2012, 02:19 PM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
I agree with everything you have said. Look at Boston. You could easily say that had Perkins not hurt his knee and missed game 7 of the 2010 Finals, they would have beaten the Lakers considering how bad Kobe was that night. That would have been 2 titles in 3 years for Boston's Big 3.

James is not a clutch player when it matters, case in point last night. Kobe is. Jordan was. Bird was. James should not get a pass at all. Especially when he is shooting almost as many FTs at his opponents are as a team.
Well Lebron may play well enough to beat the Spurs since the Heat is not expected to win the Finals this year. Lebron will be playing with "house money" if they face the Spurs in the Finals
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2012, 07:43 AM
 
Location: Columbia, SC
1,860 posts, read 4,441,865 times
Reputation: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Well Lebron may play well enough to beat the Spurs since the Heat is not expected to win the Finals this year. Lebron will be playing with "house money" if they face the Spurs in the Finals
Suddenly, it doesn't look like Heat-Spurs is a sure thing any more! Crazy how that changed in 4 days time. I would love to see OKC & Boston, but still think Miami has the edge over Boston right now. Either way, don't see Miami beating OKC whether they have Bosh or not, the Thunder are so deep and talented at every position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2012, 11:14 AM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye in SC View Post
Suddenly, it doesn't look like Heat-Spurs is a sure thing any more! Crazy how that changed in 4 days time. I would love to see OKC & Boston, but still think Miami has the edge over Boston right now. Either way, don't see Miami beating OKC whether they have Bosh or not, the Thunder are so deep and talented at every position.
Yeah me either, mainly because the Thunder has a good bench and that is something the Heat doesn't have right now. And if the Celtics somehow beat the Heat, they will defintely get swept in the Finals by OKC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2012, 11:50 AM
 
Location: The "Rock"
2,551 posts, read 2,413,490 times
Reputation: 1322
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Yeah me either, mainly because the Thunder has a good bench and that is something the Heat doesn't have right now. And if the Celtics somehow beat the Heat, they will defintely get swept in the Finals by OKC
Why do you even bother making predictions?

WE all know you are going just jump on <Mod Cut> of whoever wins the finals and possibly contradict EVERYTHING you said!!!


Last edited by Orangeish; 06-05-2012 at 12:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2012, 11:59 AM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Why do you even bother making predictions?

WE all know you are going just jump on <Mod Cut> whoever wins the finals and possibly contradict EVERYTHING you said!!!

If my prediction is wrong then it ends up being wrong. Hell, I could be wrong about OKC winning Game 6 of the WCF. But after everything that has happened in the series so far, how can anyone now pick OKC to win Game 6? What is it about the Spurs at this point that would make you think they can win 2 in a row?


Now the Heat is different because they had Game 4 won unlike the Spurs and probably will win Game 5 in a blowout. There is nothing about the Celtics to make me believe they can go in Miami and win Game 5 after they have blown two big leads so far in the series, Game 2 and Game 4. It's comical now to see Boston with a 20 pt lead because you know at some point they are going to give up the lead.

Last edited by Orangeish; 06-05-2012 at 12:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top