Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2012, 12:20 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,119,808 times

Advertisements

the answer is Lebron will not win it all and will not prove his doubters wrong....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 01:36 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,330,801 times
I don't know if LeBron can win without a dominant big man. The difference between Michael Jordan and everybody else who has wanted to be Jordan, is that MJ *could* win without a big man. Kobe kinda did, but having Gasol and Bynum interchangeably was a big help, and Shaq needs no explanation. MJ's best big man was...Kukoc? Horace Grant? I think LeBron can win, but he needs Dwight Howard. He needs Howard more than he needs Wade or Bosh. And he needs a coach who knows what to do with his personnel.

Old 06-06-2012, 06:21 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Now the Heat is different because they had Game 4 won unlike the Spurs and probably will win Game 5 in a blowout. There is nothing about the Celtics to make me believe they can go in Miami and win Game 5 after they have blown two big leads so far in the series, Game 2 and Game 4. It's comical now to see Boston with a 20 pt lead because you know at some point they are going to give up the lead.

Why do you keep making these ridiculous predictions?

Old 06-06-2012, 07:17 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,705,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
I don't know if LeBron can win without a dominant big man. The difference between Michael Jordan and everybody else who has wanted to be Jordan, is that MJ *could* win without a big man. Kobe kinda did, but having Gasol and Bynum interchangeably was a big help, and Shaq needs no explanation. MJ's best big man was...Kukoc? Horace Grant?
If you think about it, just about every notable championship team has a post presence on offense. Jordan was one of the best post players in the league, especially during the 2nd 3-peat. So he didn't 'need' an offensively gifted bigman down low, he only needed them to do the dirty work( Grant, Rodman).

Old 06-06-2012, 09:07 AM

1,161 posts, read 1,859,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
I don't know if LeBron can win without a dominant big man. The difference between Michael Jordan and everybody else who has wanted to be Jordan, is that MJ *could* win without a big man. Kobe kinda did, but having Gasol and Bynum interchangeably was a big help, and Shaq needs no explanation. MJ's best big man was...Kukoc? Horace Grant? I think LeBron can win, but he needs Dwight Howard. He needs Howard more than he needs Wade or Bosh. And he needs a coach who knows what to do with his personnel.
LeBron also needs a killer instinct and not disappear at crunch time over and over and over.....

Old 06-06-2012, 09:09 AM

32,101 posts, read 34,720,210 times
Lebron also needs a coach who instills discipline in his team (especially at the defensive end of the floor) and uses offensive sets that suit the capabilities of his personnel. Spoelstra ain't it.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:22 AM

1,161 posts, read 1,859,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Lebron also needs a coach who instills discipline in his team (especially at the defensive end of the floor) and uses offensive sets that suit the capabilities of his personnel. Spoelstra ain't it.

In all seriousness - would LeBron & Company stand for such a coach???

I'd like to think that Spoelstra had something drawn up instead of just Wade taking a fall-away 3-pointer.

I remember when Dallas won it all last year that of the big three, only Bosh seemed really upset about losing, Wade and James seemed rather ho-hum and had an "oh well" look. That ho-hum look showed again after losing game 5 last night.

I don't mean throw a tantrum and throw things - but it just came across that they were perfectly OK with losing that game.

Maybe I'm weird but that's how it came across to me.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:37 AM

32,101 posts, read 34,720,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougfan View Post
In all seriousness - would LeBron & Company stand for such a coach???

I'd like to think that Spoelstra had something drawn up instead of just Wade taking a fall-away 3-pointer.

I remember when Dallas won it all last year that of the big three, only Bosh seemed really upset about losing, Wade and James seemed rather ho-hum and had an "oh well" look. That ho-hum look showed again after losing game 5 last night.

I don't mean throw a tantrum and throw things - but it just came across that they were perfectly OK with losing that game.

Maybe I'm weird but that's how it came across to me.
Not to say that a coach is all powerful, but a team's attitude can often be a reflection of the coach's attitude. Doc Rivers seems much more engaged than Spoelstra, so is it any wonder that his team seems to be more emotionally engaged as well?

Old 06-06-2012, 11:10 AM

3,396 posts, read 2,804,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Had half of that equation "discipline on defense" in Cleveland with Mike Brown.

People talk about Lebron needing a post presence when does LEBRON bring a post presence to his game.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:29 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,936,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
Had half of that equation "discipline on defense" in Cleveland with Mike Brown.

People talk about Lebron needing a post presence when does LEBRON bring a post presence to his game.

But I thought that to win a title all LeBron had to do was escape Cleveland because the owner, players, coaching staff and most of all fans were worthless morons that didn't deserve him, had no redeeming qualities and were the only thing holding him back

Weren't the Heat supposd to win not one, not two, not three, not four....?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball