U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2012, 02:34 AM

878 posts, read 1,371,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libsk View Post
I hope the Heat win, only to get squashed by a superior Thunder team.
I agree... I don't see either the Heat or Celtics beating the Thunder... they are just too good.

On a side note... Paper bitter over Thunder's success

Go Sonics! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffla01 View Post
It took Jordan 6 years to get his rings-----I dont know if the Heat can knock OK City off----but for Lebrons sake, I hope he gets the opportunity.
I hope he does too... we've got a few Heat lovers at work that won't shut their pie holes about LeBron being the best in the NBA.

The best without a ring maybe? The next Karl Malone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 03:11 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,543,632 times
Default I'm not a fan of Lumberjack LeBron

I find LeBron's presence irritating. This started with him being initially touted as the Second Coming. He was overly exposed, his ugly mug plastered everywhere, not to mention those stupid commercials. He's not a humble guy, then makes a spectacle out of leaving Cleveland. He heads to Miami to form "The Big Three", then claims the team is going to win upwards of 6 championships, without having won the first one yet.

Then his style of play rubs me the wrong way. He's big and strong, drives to the basket far too much for my tastes, and is always on the free throw line. The man is a grunt. Decent outside shot. To me, LeBron is nothing more than a glorified Corey Maggette. He thinks he's better than MJ.

I expect the Heat to beat the Celts at home (although I'm hoping the Celts find a way to win). If the Heat do make it to the final, I will be rooting for Westbrook, Harden, and Durant. As much as I get annoyed watching Westbrook launch up more shot attempts than anyone in the building, if they beat the Heat, I'm a fan.

Old 06-08-2012, 05:52 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,180,065 times
I haven't followed much of Lebron's career. I haven't followed much of the NBA for the last 5-10 years. Those technical fouls tonight in the playoffs? The one on Garnett?!!? What a joke.

I think if you breath the wrong way, you'll get a technical. Terrible.

-The thing I don't understand about Lebron (and how he's equal to MJ), he doesn't seem to do any moves that no one in the league can do. Jordan did moves that no one can equal.

Lebron just seems like a big guy who's more athletic and quicker than his opponents. Everyone is always trying to stop him, so he gets to the foul line. Like if putting a 9th grader into a 5th grader game. Durant seems far more skilled IMO. Can you see Lebron hitting those big 3's when the game was on the line?

I think OKC takes it in 5 or 6 vs Miami or Boston.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:38 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,879,801 times

A man possessed......I want to see this look in the finals, Lebron.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:49 AM

297 posts, read 340,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
A man possessed......I want to see this look in the finals, Lebron.
Unfortunately for Lebron I don't think it is going to matter. This Thunder team has quietly become everything this heat team is supposed to be plus they have depth and size.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:35 AM

1,860 posts, read 4,441,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalobrandon View Post
Unfortunately for Lebron I don't think it is going to matter. This Thunder team has quietly become everything this heat team is supposed to be plus they have depth and size.
Yep, and I will just remind everyone of 2010 once again:

LeJudas went into Boston in Game 3 for the Cavaliers and the Cavs hammered the Celtics by 29 points led by James who dominated going for 38 Pts., 8 Reb. & 7 Asst. putting the Cavs up 2-1; then of course as we all remember, LeJudas 'mysteriously' disappeared in Games 4 & much more memorably in Game 5. A couple of months later, it made 'sense' as to why this happened. So that in theory should not effect Saturday night's outcome in Miami.

Credit where credit is due, he had an unbelievable game last night and was clutch when his team needed him to be, but he has done this in the past, only to play very 'average' the next game.

Either way, as buffalobrandon said, can't see either team beating OKC in the Finals.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalobrandon View Post
Probably not, but it's not about whether the Heat win or lose. Lebron needs to rise to the occasion. He doesn't get flack because the Heat lost to Dallas, but because he played woefully below his standards.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye in SC View Post
Either way, as buffalobrandon said, can't see either team beating OKC in the Finals.
Which I've previously stated, a few days ago. I see the Thunder going all the way, and going back several months to an earlier statement, I'm enjoying seeing this team mature. I hope they stay together.

Old 06-08-2012, 09:45 AM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times
I was right, Lebron was WILD last night

Old 06-08-2012, 09:47 AM

Yes, you're always right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball