U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2012, 04:42 PM

1,586 posts, read 6,159,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtitans View Post
I just heard on the radio today that Lebron was using some kind of breathing technique during the games. A doctor sent a message to a local radio station and said that it looked like he was trained for anxiety. Then they talked about this article here:

LeBron James' other decision - ESPN

Very interesting. Definitely brings a more human side to this. At the end of the day, I know I never knew he went through all this. Glad he got help and this could probably be the reason why he's performing better this year.
Maybe this is what Lebron has...
Brontophobia: An abnormal and persistent fear of thunder that causes undue anxiety even though sufferers realize that thunder itself poses no threat to them. When outdoors during a thunderstorm, they may suffer excessive anxiety. When indoors, they may hide under beds or desks, behind sofas, or in closets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 06:48 PM

51,887 posts, read 41,774,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
I did state that his game 1-3 shooting numbers were bad, games 4 to 6 he shot considerably better. Lebron's percentage AND scoring average dipped, so I don't see how it's even an argument who performed worse, relative to what we expect from them. And again, anyone watching that finals saw a disengaged Lebron, to which I'll repeat that there's a difference between playing bad and playing uninspired. Lebron was the latter, and the criticisms to that end are valid. To try and compare Bosh playing subpar to Lebron and its effect on that series, is to suggest that Bosh's play overall is as crucial to the Heat's fortunes as Lebron's. It isn't, the Heat are impacted far more negatively when Lebron doesn't perform, given his all court talents and dominance. The fact that Miami made it through the East without Bosh for half of their games, and Wade's inconsistent play, exemplifies precisely Lebron's value when he's on his game.
I hear ya. I'm just challenging this myth that it was all on Lebron in last years finals. I think it's unfair to Dallas to diminish their play and accomplishment and puts wayyy too much on Lebron.

Old 06-12-2012, 07:10 PM

3,653 posts, read 3,878,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I hear ya. I'm just challenging this myth that it was all on Lebron in last years finals. I think it's unfair to Dallas to diminish their play and accomplishment and puts wayyy too much on Lebron.
It wasn't all on Lebron of course, but his failings as the teams best player stand out most of all( and especially considering the incredibly high standards he set the prior rounds makes his finals play bizarre, for lack of a better term).

Now onto this years finals

Old 06-13-2012, 06:49 AM

1,860 posts, read 4,440,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post

Now onto this years finals
Well, for James' sake, at least he can't be blamed for their Game 1 loss. Although, Durant clearly outplayed him during the 4th quarter and showed why he should have been the MVP as LeJudas had his typical quiet 4th quarter in a Finals game scoring just 1 basket in the final 8+ minutes. Nevertheless, no way the Heat have a chance to win a game against OKC when Wade & Bosh score just 29 points on 11-30 shooting.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:32 AM

3,653 posts, read 3,878,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye in SC View Post
Well, for James' sake, at least he can't be blamed for their Game 1 loss. Although, Durant clearly outplayed him during the 4th quarter and showed why he should have been the MVP as LeJudas had his typical quiet 4th quarter in a Finals game scoring just 1 basket in the final 8+ minutes.
Durant's the more versatile scorer, there's no question. Not only is he the better shooter, but there's no real shot-blocking deterrent on Miami's side if he takes it to the hole, so from an offensive standpoint that's an even bigger advantage.

OKC has a considerably better interior defensive presence, which puts more pressure on Lebron to make jumpers.... pretty tough when he's either got Sefolosha's in his shorts, or Durant's 10 foot long arms in his face. Bosh is going to be crucial in this series; he needs to draw Perkins and/Ibaka out of the lane by consistently hitting from outside, in order to de-clog the lane for Lebron/Wade's penetration. He will probably be the x-factor for Miami.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:43 AM
Status: "Nobody's right if everybody's wrong" (set 23 days ago)

9,829 posts, read 21,135,718 times
I'm not sure why Lebron is so strongly disliked by most people. Other than the Decision show (which he admits was a mistake) he has always seemed humble to me in interviews. Also he's a good family man despite having no father role model in his life. He did what most people do: move to the place that best suits his future work success.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:51 AM

13 posts, read 10,584 times
This won't be the year either. He should of just shut up instead of making his "Not one, not two, not three..." remark before the Big 3 had even played one game together.

Old 06-13-2012, 01:25 PM

1,860 posts, read 4,440,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
he has always seemed humble to me in interviews. .
You mean the way he refers to himself in the 3rd person?? Nothing says humble like referring to yourself in 3rd person!

I wouldn't call him a 'great' family man either, sure he has 'stayed' w/his girlfriend and been around for his two sons, but there is a reason (or should I say many reasons) why he waited until his 9th NBA season to propose to Miss Savanna.

It's not just the decision - it's the arrogance of not 1, not 2, not 5, not 6, not 7....And he made a lot of empty promises to Cavalier fans. While the anger has somewhat subsided for those things, there is no way I can ever 'root' for the guy. I really hope he never wins a championship not only b/c of him, but moreso, so this AAU mindset of let's create super-teams by signing in the same place to win 'easy' championships hopefully will stop and the building of teams from the bottom up like San Antonio & OKC continue to win the championships.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:55 PM

7,728 posts, read 6,134,571 times
I seems the more people hate LeBron, the more I like him. It's funny how the best player in the league is the "underdog."

Old 06-13-2012, 10:30 PM

5,510 posts, read 5,712,344 times
Lebron is pretty level headed and he's received some strong mentorship since he came into the league and it shows in his maturity and humbleness. He doesn't come off as excessively arrogant and certainly not as a loud mouth or a thug. So I have a lot of respect for his character for everything that he's achieved this far.

But I think the thing that rubbed me the wrong way, was this idea that he Wade, and Bosh were simply going to strong hold the league with multiple championships simply based on their indvidual talents coming toghether without taking anything else into account. And now he is learning the hard way. If he loses this series, he is going to have to take an extra BIG slice of that humble pie with an extra large glass of milk to go with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball