U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 10:53 AM

1,561 posts, read 1,660,066 times

Advertisements

Well, the table sure seems set for LeBron and the Heat what with Rose going down for the year.

If the Heat can't get it done this year I wonder if one of the big three gets moved.

I'm from Akron, Ohio and am a Cavs fan so I have no love for the Heat or LeBron but I'm almost starting to feel sorry for LeBron and I'm more curious than anything to see how this all pans out.

If you forced me to make a prediction I'd say that the Heat makes it to the finals and loses to the Spurs but I don't really follow anyone but the Cavs and them casually so take that with a grain of salt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
yea... its like the stars are aligned. lol...

The Heat still will have to contend with a battle tested team from the West regardless of what happens.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:58 AM

51,931 posts, read 41,798,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Well, the path to the finals has certainly been cleared for him, hasn't it? No Rose on the Bulls, no J-Smooth on the Hawks, no Howard on the Magic, no Allen on the Celts, etc etc......
Yep, when Rose went down....all the guys betting book on the Heat making the finals went Kaching!

Old 05-03-2012, 11:00 AM

51,931 posts, read 41,798,494 times
Agree with everyone saying that the Heat, while having a clear path in the east now...will be facing someone tough in the finals.

Anyone trying to * that is just irrationally hating on the Heat.

P.S. If they fall short this year, I doubt they deal anyone. They will just fish for more veterans playing for the exception and a ring chance.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:06 AM

1,742 posts, read 5,000,580 times
The doubters are the people who think he won't choke. It's what he does when it comes to the big games.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:13 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,413,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
The Heat still will have to contend with a battle tested team from the West regardless of what happens.

agreed... I mentioned that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
because he's so polarizing... I think some will view the easy path as an asterik. I wont... because he will still have to beat a formidable WC team to win it.

Old 05-03-2012, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Continental View Post
The doubters are the people who think he won't choke. It's what he does when it comes to the big games.

He made some big, big shots while he was in Cleveland. I think where the pressure comes in is from the whole Decision thing and the way he and the media basically said everything was the Cavs fault, Dan Gilbert's fault, the City of Cleveland's fault, how terrible the people of Ohio are, how bad the nightlife is, the weather is, his team mates are, how there is no "Hip Hop Flava and Swagga" here so no young stars will sign with the Cavs, etc.....

OK so now he's in a hip market with two other all stars and a supporting cast of his choosing. No excuses now.

Last edited by dubyanumberone; 05-03-2012 at 11:20 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 05-03-2012, 11:30 AM

1,860 posts, read 4,441,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yep, when Rose went down....all the guys betting book on the Heat making the finals went Kaching!
Yeah, honestly, I would be surprised if any of their series in the East goes more than 5 games.

Just holding out hope that someone from the west (Spurs, Lakers or Thunder) can take them down in June.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:55 PM

1,742 posts, read 5,000,580 times
The West is much tougher, so I can see either 3 of those beat Miami

Old 05-03-2012, 01:44 PM

10,136 posts, read 11,647,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye in SC View Post
Yeah, honestly, I would be surprised if any of their series in the East goes more than 5 games.

Just holding out hope that someone from the west (Spurs, Lakers or Thunder) can take them down in June.
Don't sleep on Indiana. They may not beat them, but it isn't going to be easy, especially since they don't have a big to guard Hibbert.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball