U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-18-2012, 08:38 AM
 
Location: Lewes, Delaware
3,466 posts, read 3,148,933 times
Reputation: 1876

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
How can anyone with a brain blame this loss even remotely on Lebron?

Bosh out. Wade SUCKED tonight.

Case closed.

Without bosh, the heat are very vulnerable. Going to be an easy pass for the wcf champ this year due to injuries.
I'm not sure if the Heat were beating the Spurs or OKC with Bosh, the Spurs look crazy good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-18-2012, 08:51 AM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,300,864 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtitans View Post
Why can't you just admit that you were wrong? You said that the Pacers are losing game 3 for sure. I think you are either watching a different series than me or you are being completely bias. The Heat REALLY REALLY need Bosh.
I was wrong but this team just needs a better coach which is someone that is respected and not the clown who is the coach now. I was surprised that the game got out of hand so fast after halftime and to see the coach call numerous timeouts and nothing changing just confirms he is a fool. And why leave a player on the floor who missed 6 wide open shots? Pathetic coaching.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2012, 09:20 AM
 
1,561 posts, read 1,659,887 times
Reputation: 1046
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
The one that's really got egg on his face is the Commish, Stern. He's looking at a OKC/San Antonio-Indiana finals. Not exactly a marketing centerpiece for the league. Only the true fans of the sport would watch, which is a shame, because it would be great basketball. Maybe the Celtics or Heat can somehow resurrect themselves, but Stern knows if the Pacers beat the Heat, there's a good chance it's going to be a ratings nightmare this year. I look for a lot of cheap fouls between now and the time the Eastern Conf. finals are done.

Agreed, Stern, Nike, ESPN, etc.. will NOT be pleased with a Spurs/Indiana finals.

Stern also is probably still miffed that LeBron didn't end up in NYC. I was convinced that was where he'd end up and that Stern would make him "an offer he couldn't refuse" in order to guaruntee LBJ played int he Big Apple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2012, 09:24 AM
 
1 posts, read 527 times
Reputation: 10
Lebrick!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2012, 09:24 AM
FBJ
 
Location: Tall Building down by the river
39,615 posts, read 50,300,864 times
Reputation: 9451
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
Agreed, Stern, Nike, ESPN, etc.. will NOT be pleased with a Spurs/Indiana finals.

Stern also is probably still miffed that LeBron didn't end up in NYC. I was convinced that was where he'd end up and that Stern would make him "an offer he couldn't refuse" in order to guaruntee LBJ played int he Big Apple.
So many people has Indiana in the Finals and they are only up 2-1 and would still have to play Boston in the ECF. Unebelievable
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2012, 10:59 AM
 
Location: Ro cha cha, NY
3,061 posts, read 4,197,140 times
Reputation: 5381
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
Agreed, Stern, Nike, ESPN, etc.. will NOT be pleased with a Spurs/Indiana finals.

Stern also is probably still miffed that LeBron didn't end up in NYC. I was convinced that was where he'd end up and that Stern would make him "an offer he couldn't refuse" in order to guaruntee LBJ played int he Big Apple.

Who said Indiana would be in the finals. I said all along that Boston would be there. I thought that they would beat a "healthy" Miami team. I thought that they were saving themselves for the playoffs. They are looking better and better every day. I don't think they'll win it all. I think the Spurs will. That's just my opinion. But yes, Indiana still has to beat Miami. That series is not over. But whoever wins that series, I believe will get beat by Boston..My two cents. From someone who has been following basketball for almost thirty years..

And just my opinion, but Lebron wasn't the reason Miami lost last night, it was Wade. Wade always seemed to live up to his name (as far as rating a player goes) until this year. He just isn't the same player he used to be. I don't know if it's because he is slightly injured or because he is deffering to Lebron too much which is taking him out of his own game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2012, 11:04 AM
 
51,928 posts, read 41,798,494 times
Reputation: 32398
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
Agreed, Stern, Nike, ESPN, etc.. will NOT be pleased with a Spurs/Indiana finals.

Stern also is probably still miffed that LeBron didn't end up in NYC. I was convinced that was where he'd end up and that Stern would make him "an offer he couldn't refuse" in order to guaruntee LBJ played int he Big Apple.
That's such a lame conspiracy.

The Knicks haven't won thier division in something like 18 years and just won their first (and only) playoff game in something like 11 years.

If that's "help from stern" then I hope he keeps doing it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2012, 11:07 AM
 
51,928 posts, read 41,798,494 times
Reputation: 32398
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
I'm not sure if the Heat were beating the Spurs or OKC with Bosh, the Spurs look crazy good.
Agreed, but either the Bulls or Heat would have given a good fight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2012, 11:09 AM
 
1,561 posts, read 1,659,887 times
Reputation: 1046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
That's such a lame conspiracy.

The Knicks haven't won thier division in something like 18 years and just won their first (and only) playoff game in something like 11 years.

If that's "help from stern" then I hope he keeps doing it.

It was just a hunch on my part. I really think Stern, Nike, ESPN, etc.. all REALLY wanted LeBron in Knicks blue and orange and were miffed he didn't go there. He sure as heck didn't want LeBron staying in Cleveland and I'm sure he feels the same way about Durant in OKC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2012, 11:11 AM
 
1,561 posts, read 1,659,887 times
Reputation: 1046
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Who said Indiana would be in the finals. I said all along that Boston would be there. I thought that they would beat a "healthy" Miami team. I thought that they were saving themselves for the playoffs. They are looking better and better every day. I don't think they'll win it all. I think the Spurs will. That's just my opinion. But yes, Indiana still has to beat Miami. That series is not over. But whoever wins that series, I believe will get beat by Boston..My two cents. From someone who has been following basketball for almost thirty years..

And just my opinion, but Lebron wasn't the reason Miami lost last night, it was Wade. Wade always seemed to live up to his name (as far as rating a player goes) until this year. He just isn't the same player he used to be. I don't know if it's because he is slightly injured or because he is deffering to Lebron too much which is taking him out of his own game.

I don't know if Indiana can beat Boston. I don't know if Indiana will even end up beating the Heat.

I will say that I don't think the Heat have any chance of beating the Spurs should they meet in the finals. Not this year anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top