U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2012, 05:09 PM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtitans View Post
Lebron James scored 40 and Wade scored 30 and they only won by 8. That doesn't seem very convincing to me either and they both played about as good as they could have possibly played.
Probably because haslem was the only other bench player helping the team win. Mike Miller and Shawn Battier are useless fools who can't hit a open shot to save their life
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2012, 01:34 PM

14,111 posts, read 22,759,137 times
Wade scored 30 and played the best he could've possibly played? Well, after witnessing what happened last night, 30points ISN'T the best he could've possibly played.

Old 05-29-2012, 12:39 PM

51,931 posts, read 41,798,494 times
Lebron is averaging 29-9-6 (50% FG) so far in the playoffs. Seems like he is playing better than anyone else in the playoffs at the moment.

Granted he shredded all the way up through the ECF last year and then had a bad finals and everyone piled on.

Old 05-29-2012, 01:07 PM
FBJ

Lebron gets a pass this year for the reasons below

1. No Chris Bosh
2. Spurs are too good

Old 05-29-2012, 04:08 PM

51,931 posts, read 41,798,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Lebron gets a pass this year for the reasons below

1. No Chris Bosh
2. Spurs are too good
Lebron didn't get a pass last year when Bosh brought his F-game to the finals and Dirk, Terry and others went ape-shat from 3-pt. range.

Lebron's B- play in the finals got him called all kinds of things despite dominating play up through the ECF.

There is essentially no "pass" for lebron until he wins a championship, it's really that simple. Is it fair? Maybe not, but it's reality.

Old 05-29-2012, 04:33 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Lebron didn't get a pass last year when Bosh brought his F-game to the finals and Dirk, Terry and others went ape-shat from 3-pt. range.

Lebron's B- play in the finals got him called all kinds of things despite dominating play up through the ECF.

There is essentially no "pass" for lebron until he wins a championship, it's really that simple. Is it fair? Maybe not, but it's reality.
He still has to win a title at some point but not this year because any NBA fan knows that the Heat are not good enough to challenge the Spurs without Bosh in the NBA Finals. It would have beeen tough with Chris Bosh against the Spurs so you know they have no shot now which is why Lebron won't get a lot of heat this year for not winning it all.

As long as he maintains 25 or more each game he will not be judged if they lose to the Spurs

Old 05-30-2012, 06:35 AM

740 posts, read 1,842,091 times
I'm sure "The Decision" is still sore to a number of fans, whom would like nothing more than to see him fail again. I used to be among that crowd, until the Lakers usurped him to become the most evil in the league.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:36 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,429,008 times
Lebron sucks !! Cant stand that guy.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:48 PM

3,064 posts, read 4,199,781 times
Lebron gets no pass. Look at who he had to beat. The Indiana Pacers. Enough said! A iguadala led Philly team..lol. Can you name two stars on that team. Not starters, but stars. They played a beat up Knicks team. They played an overrated (no go to guy) Indiana team. And they are about to beat an old, beat up Boston team. Their best defender against Wade out. Paul Pierce not playing like Paul Pierce of a few years back. Ray Allen (we all know he's still hurt) could't hit a free throw to save his life. When have the Heat had it so easy? But this is where it will all backfire. While Lebron can posture like he is the man now against this over the hill aging and with plenty of injuries Celtics team, he is going to run up against a wall when they play the Spurs. Their easy ride to the finals will ultimately hurt them. Not that I think they would have won anyway. They are going to run into an even more resilient Spurs team who are too deep. So gloat now Lebron, because your free coast ride to the finals is over once you reach them..I want to see how he gloats (like he did near Kevin Garnett) when they face the Spurs. Barring any injuries from the Spurs-it's a wrap. But no need to worry, because you have Bosh to blame. Although, I don't think Bosh would have mattered. The Spurs so far (and this is the old eye test) just look like the best team in basketball. I mean seriously. Miami was down at one point to Indiana (who has absolutely no interior game-Sorry Roy, I like ya, but your inside game isn't ready yet) 2-1. There's no excuse for that. And Boston is just too old and "unhealthy" right now. I think the Boston team we saw win it three years ago would have wiped this team up. I say this, because there was a defense that team played that I haven't seen played since. Outreached arms, flowing together, every shot challenged. I haven't seen them play that way since that year they beat the Lakers. That team would have beat this years Miami's team.

Last edited by supermanpansy; 05-30-2012 at 01:01 PM..

Old 05-30-2012, 12:56 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Lebron gets no pass. Look at who he had to beat. The Indiana Pacers. Enough said! Can you name two stars on that team. Not starters, but stars. They played a beat up Knicks team. They played an overrated (no go to guy) Indiana team. And they are about to beat an old, beat up Boston team. Their best defender against Wade out. Paul Pierce not playing like Paul Pierce of a few years back. Ray Allen (we all know he's still hurt) could't hit a free throw. When have the Heat had it so easy. But this is where it will backfire. While Lebron can posture like he is the man now against this over the hill aging and with plenty of injuries Celtics team, he is going to run up against a wall when the play the Spurs. Their easy ride to the finals will ultimately hurt them. Not that I think they would have won anyway. They are going to run into an even more resilient Spurs team who are too deep. So gloat now Lebron, because your free coast ride to the finals is over once you reach them..I want to see how he gloats (like he did near Kevin Garnett) when they face the Spurs. Barring any injuries from the Spurs-it's a wrap. But no need to worry, because you have Bosh to blame. Although, I don't think Bosh would matter. The Spurs so far (and this is the old eye test) just look like the best team in basketball. I mean seriously. Miami was down at one point to Indiana (who has absolutely no interior game-Sorry Roy, I like ya, but your inside game isn't ready yet) 2-1. There's no excuse for that. And Boston is just too old and "unhealthy" right now. I think the Boston team we saw win it three years ago would have wiped this team up. I say this, because there was a defense that team played that I haven't seen played since. Outreached arms, flowing together, every shot challenged. I haven't seen them play that way since that year they beat the Lakers. That team would have beat this years Miami's team.

He gets a pass because every NBA fan with 20/20 vision can see the Spurs are going to win the title. No one felt that way about the 2011 Mavs which is why Lebron got a lot of Heat after they lost the Finals. Last year was the best opportunity for Lebron to win a ring because that Mavs team was no where close as good to the 2012 Spurs team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball