Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 03:51 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtitans View Post
You are delusional. Indiana has a much greater advantage with Bosh being out. Besides Lebron and Wade, the next highest scorer on the Heat had 5! They have some serious problems. It wasn't going to be easy before, but now it's really going to be tough. No way are they a sure thing to win any games from here on out without Bosh.
I'm a little confused as to what you mean because the Pacers almost lost to the Heat without Bosh. It wasn't like it was a convincing win because Bosh was out so I don't see the Pacers dominating just because they are home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 08:42 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,277,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I'm a little confused as to what you mean because the Pacers almost lost to the Heat without Bosh. It wasn't like it was a convincing win because Bosh was out so I don't see the Pacers dominating just because they are home.
Heat only lost by 19, so you were close.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:38 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
How can anyone with a brain blame this loss even remotely on Lebron?

Bosh out. Wade SUCKED tonight.

Case closed.

Without bosh, the heat are very vulnerable. Going to be an easy pass for the wcf champ this year due to injuries.

Old 05-17-2012, 10:29 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
Heat only lost by 19, so you were close.
Yeah respond now that game is over

Old 05-18-2012, 05:43 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,277,221 times
Quote:
Come on man........Mr. Heat will win game three no doubt.....

Old 05-18-2012, 07:10 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,979,004 times
Quote:
Why can't you just admit that you were wrong? You said that the Pacers are losing game 3 for sure. I think you are either watching a different series than me or you are being completely bias. The Heat REALLY REALLY need Bosh.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:12 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,106,572 times
I'm really starting to get annoyed this morning. I listened to several different sports talk radio stations this morning, and all of them were playing the role of "Lebron Apologist" and saying how the Heat aren't the same team without Bosh. ARE YOU SERIOUS?!

The Bulls went without their #1 player in Derrick Rose, The Magic were without Dwight Howard, but did you hear them whining? Screw Miami, they've had injuries like everybody else. I don't care if Bosh is out, the Heat still have arguably two of the top 15 players in the league and they couldn't get it done.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:13 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,935,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
People think Lebron should or is a one man show. There is the reason for a basketball TEAM. The other players have to pull their weight. That's why Lebron left Cleveland. The other team members weren't pulling their weight. Has anyone ever been at a job where they are doing all the work while the other employees sit back and surf the internet yet they get praise for the team effort? I have and it sucks. That's why Lebron left Cleveland. Now, no one even whispers a word about Cleveland unless it has something to do with Lebron. He put that team in the spotlight and back on the map.

I love Heat fans. It was all Cleveland's fault, Dan Gilbert's fault, his teammates fault, etc....

I really don't wish LeBron any ill will and am almost starting to feel sorry for him but I absolutely LOVE the fact that all the Heat "fans" and ESPN are getting egg on their faces.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:23 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,328,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
I love Heat fans. It was all Cleveland's fault, Dan Gilbert's fault, his teammates fault, etc....

I really don't wish LeBron any ill will and am almost starting to feel sorry for him but I absolutely LOVE the fact that all the Heat "fans" and ESPN are getting egg on their faces.
The one that's really got egg on his face is the Commish, Stern. He's looking at a OKC/San Antonio-Indiana finals. Not exactly a marketing centerpiece for the league. Only the true fans of the sport would watch, which is a shame, because it would be great basketball. Maybe the Celtics or Heat can somehow resurrect themselves, but Stern knows if the Pacers beat the Heat, there's a good chance it's going to be a ratings nightmare this year. I look for a lot of cheap fouls between now and the time the Eastern Conf. finals are done.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:30 AM

1,859 posts, read 5,025,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
The one that's really got egg on his face is the Commish, Stern. He's looking at a OKC/San Antonio-Indiana finals. Not exactly a marketing centerpiece for the league. Only the true fans of the sport would watch, which is a shame, because it would be great basketball. Maybe the Celtics or Heat can somehow resurrect themselves, but Stern knows if the Pacers beat the Heat, there's a good chance it's going to be a ratings nightmare this year. I look for a lot of cheap fouls between now and the time the Eastern Conf. finals are done.
As a true fan, I'd much rather see Spurs-Pacers (two teams that actually play together and are fun to watch) than cHeat-Clippers/Lakers. Granted, you are right that the ratings would be much higher for the latter, but it's good for the league that these so-called 'superteams' be beat down & eliminated for the betterment of the league long-term.

That said, the Finals will actually be the Western Conference Finals when the Spurs-Thunder meet, hope that series goes 7 games. Pacers, Celtics nor Miami have what it takes to beat either of those two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball