U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 06:18 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,615 posts, read 50,306,870 times

Advertisements

At his age I see no way he comes back from this injury. Such a shame.

Baron Davis of New York Knicks to miss 12 months with tears to tendon, ligaments in knee - ESPN New York
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 04:46 AM

12,201 posts, read 10,418,037 times
Yeah, but it's not like he had much left in the tank anyway. His skills clearly diminished after leaving the Warriors and he was a role player at best with the Knicks.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:00 AM

10,136 posts, read 11,647,252 times
Very sad story for a guy who started out with a very promising career. I think he was one of the better players in the league when he first got in but injuries derailed it very quickly.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:34 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,196,988 times
BD had a ton a talent and a terrible work ethic.

Dude could have been one of the best had he really got over himself and worked on it.

I just hope he did something with his $$$$ and didn't blow it on 15000000 boats

Old 05-08-2012, 12:41 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,413,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Dude could have been one of the best had he really got over himself and worked on it.
Agreed... I think it showed more because his natural weight and metabolism tendencies made it worse. So it showed more and affected his game more vs someone like AI.

Old 05-08-2012, 03:41 PM

Someone had to remind me that the only reason BD was playing in the first place is because LIN was hurt.

Old 05-08-2012, 03:44 PM

Nahh Lin was/is all hype and would not have helped the Knicks at all.

Old 05-08-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Nahh Lin was/is all hype and would not have helped the Knicks at all.
I think it was confirmed already he is not all hype. Lin was the reason for a big win in philly on ESPN back in March along with all his other big wins. He is definitely NBA material who has a lot of room for improvement.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:17 PM

Who confirmed this? Did they send out some sort of confirmation memo I didn't get?

My point is, all sorts of people (a couple around here) have mentioned that the Knicks need Lin to do anything in this series. (or implied) I say I don't care if lin is Nba ready or some scrub. He is not, would not and could not help the Knicks go anywhere that bdiddy couldn't.

Just because Lin helped the Knicks beat a mediocre 8th seeded team they should have beaten anyway on espn doesn't mean anything. James Anderson helped the spurs win both of their last 2 games of the regular season so should we hype him up too? Or maybe patty mills? He was destroying teams when he got minutes for the spurs. So I guess we should hype him, I mean he is a black, Aussie with an Irish name backing up a dutch born Frenchman with an English name and playing next to an argentine with an Italian name. Talk about the perfect storm.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Who confirmed this? Did they send out some sort of confirmation memo I didn't get?

My point is, all sorts of people (a couple around here) have mentioned that the Knicks need Lin to do anything in this series. (or implied) I say I don't care if lin is Nba ready or some scrub. He is not, would not and could not help the Knicks go anywhere that bdiddy couldn't.

Just because Lin helped the Knicks beat a mediocre 8th seeded team they should have beaten anyway on espn doesn't mean anything. James Anderson helped the spurs win both of their last 2 games of the regular season so should we hype him up too? Or maybe patty mills? He was destroying teams when he got minutes for the spurs. So I guess we should hype him, I mean he is a black, Aussie with an Irish name backing up a dutch born Frenchman with an English name and playing next to an argentine with an Italian name. Talk about the perfect storm.
Lin has had enough games where he performed well to be considered a NBA player. Now that doesn't mean he can play like crap next season because we both know the NBA is a what have you done for me lately type of business. If he comes out next season and takes a step backward then that may mean he will not be in the NBA much longer. The only thing I feel he needs to improve on is learning how to deal with defensive pressure without being rattled. Once he learns how to do that he will be another Steve nash
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball