Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2012, 12:33 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,151,683 times

Advertisements

I don't know about anyone else but I am so sick of hearing how Lebron may be the best ever stat wise, blah, blah, blah. The only reason that he will eventually surpass MJ in almost every category except championships is because he will have played most likely 5 to 7 more years. I hate how every show on Espn fails to put that in there. MJ played college basketball at a time when players played more than one year. I'm pretty sure he played three (can't exactly remember), if not two for sure. That's two more years of stats (added points-added overall numbers) than MJ did already. Then add into the two years MJ retired still in his prime. That now makes four to five extra years. Plus, the fact that I think it was MJ's second season that he had the foot injury and was out that whole season. That brings the total to five or six or even possibly seven depending on how long MJ played for N. Carolina as well as how long Lebron decides to play for.

If you put their statistics side by side for just the amount of years MJ played, MJ comes WAY out on top. No contest. His point totals overall will be significantly if not much higher. Assissts will run similar. Steels might go to MJ. Lebron wasn't always this "defensive" force that they like to play him out to be. Look at his defense vs Dallas, he couldn't stop a five foot Puerto rican guy..lol..Yeah, great defensive stopper. Rebounds, I honestly really don't know, but I'm pretty sure they're not that far apart..

I am so sick of hearing these things. We have to remember Lebron is going to have atleast more than five, possibly up to seven seasons more than MJ had. Why wouldn't he surpass him in stats? I just think they should be more accurate in telling the "whole story" when commentating. Because, I just don't think for the young fellas who weren't around during MJ's prime or time that they really don't understand these differences...Lebron is not better than MJ and I personally don't think he will ever be. When he goes 6-0 in the finals then you can say that. He already muffed that up twice. So far he's 0-2 in the finals.

I'm just so tired of the comaprisons. Yes, Lebron is a heck of a player, but no he is not better than MJ. Today on Espn, they said Lebron was probably faster than MJ. That means what? Anyone who knows basketball knows that "quikness" is what counts.

Just tired of these comparisons. I get the feeling after just one championships these talks will continue. Meanwhile in the old days, you had to win to even be talked about so much. Let Lebron win 7 titles and statisticaly speaking, his stats be better "per average" than MJ, then we can talk. Which won't happen because per average, everything outside of points is pretty close. But points, MJ was solidly ahead of Lebron. Until then Shut it about Lebron. Because most of us feel like had MJ not retired, he would and could possibly have eight straight championships..Definately in my opinion he would have had seven. Plus, and this is a "huge" factor that often gets overlooked. Back when MJ played he got hacked and whacked almost every time going to the rim with no foul. You could hand check. You could basically play defense without putting the guy on the line for blowing air on him. If Jordan had played in this era', and he said it himself-he would have scored even more. Can you imagine MJ in this Pu sy era of basketball. He'd get twenty points a night on the line alone..Just really no comparison. So that's my rant for the day. What do you think. Agree or disagree?

Last edited by supermanpansy; 05-09-2012 at 12:52 PM..

Old 05-09-2012, 12:43 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times
I agree completely. All these comparisons to Jordan make me sick.

Is he the best player in the NBA right now? Debatable, but I'd say yes. Does he have a single championship? Let alone 6? Nope.

How this guy was labeled "The King" is beyond me. Kings have rings, and Bron doesn't have any.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:39 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,645,402 times
There are already two Lebron threads on the first page, was another one really necessary?

Is Lebron going to prove his doubters wrong?
Can we officially say Lebron is not the player he was hyped to be?

Old 05-09-2012, 02:15 PM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times
If you are going to ESPN for anything other than scores, then you are only hurting yourself.

ESPN just blathers on and on and on.....

Old 05-09-2012, 04:54 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
There are already two Lebron threads on the first page, was another one really necessary?

Is Lebron going to prove his doubters wrong?
Can we officially say Lebron is not the player he was hyped to be?
Agreed. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball