U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 12:58 AM

491 posts, read 1,332,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
so the bulls lost to the 76ers. 2 years in a row a 1 seed losses to a 8 seed.

now the "excuses" will fly about how rose went out, or deng was hurt, or noah was hurt.

last years the spurs lost to the griz and it was a year of hounding for the loss. will we get that from the bulls.

the situation was similar, best couple of players hurt, playing vs an "inspired" opponent in close games.

IMO the bulls loss to the 76ers is WORSE then the spurs loss to the griz for a couple reasons.

1) the griz where/are a better team then the 76ers
2) the bulls played just as good without rose in the regular season
3) the 76ers where a terrible team down the stretch, while the griz where playing some great ball the last 1/4 of last season.

so will the "double standard" show through? will the bias towards the "young" bulls as opposed to the "old" spurs? or will the bias be towards the "exciting" bulls as opposed to the "boring" spurs?
LOL, I hope you were kidding about this. Bulls lost their MVP and then their starting center, not good

I mean come on, just look at Miami without Bosh. Wade and Lebron play off Bosh. Now, no Bosh and they are struggling to win and this is a team with 2 of the top 10 players in the game, if not top 5.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 02:50 AM

7,912 posts, read 8,199,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tappan Zee View Post
LOL, I hope you were kidding about this. Bulls lost their MVP and then their starting center, not good

I mean come on, just look at Miami without Bosh. Wade and Lebron play off Bosh. Now, no Bosh and they are struggling to win and this is a team with 2 of the top 10 players in the game, if not top 5.
and you skipped my point i guess. look at the spurs, everyone all season counted them out this year as "the same team that lost in the 1st round".
the spurs best 3 players played, (not every game) last year, but manu had a broekn arm, duncan had a jacked up knee/ankle combo, and tony had to carry the team by himself. all that yet they still get called out for losing to the 1 seed.

if philly beats boston or even goes 6-7, im calling the bulls out as a big "maybe the 76ers where tougher then anyone thought" just like the griz.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:30 AM
FBJ

39,615 posts, read 50,320,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tappan Zee View Post

It doesn't matter, the Bulls were still in every game without Noah and beat the Sixers in Game 5 without Noah so please stop with the excuses

Old 05-18-2012, 08:34 AM
FBJ

Quote:
and you skipped my point i guess. look at the spurs, everyone all season counted them out this year as "the same team that lost in the 1st round".
the spurs best 3 players played, (not every game) last year, but manu had a broekn arm, duncan had a jacked up knee/ankle combo, and tony had to carry the team by himself. all that yet they still get called out for losing to the 1 seed.

if philly beats boston or even goes 6-7, im calling the bulls out as a big "maybe the 76ers where tougher then anyone thought" just like the griz.

The sixers are a joke mainly because aside from Game 2 of the Bulls series, every game they have won in the playoffs have been close

Game 3....close win over bulls
Game 4.....close win over bulls
Game 6......close win over bulls
Game 2........close win over Celtics

So there is no IF they beat the Celtics they won't and will lose the series.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:52 AM

Maybe you should go revisit the 2006 mavericks???? Their 7 game semifinals vs SA was crazy. 5 games decided by 5 or less, 2 or 3 over time games. Because a team is in tight games isn't a sign of how strong but more a sign of the equal competition.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:21 AM
FBJ

Quote:
Maybe you should go revisit the 2006 mavericks???? Their 7 game semifinals vs SA was crazy. 5 games decided by 5 or less, 2 or 3 over time games. Because a team is in tight games isn't a sign of how strong but more a sign of the equal competition.
When a team rarely had a convincing win that means something. Think about all the good teams in the playoffs that's left. The Clippers and Sixers are the only teams who have one convincing win. All of their other wins were in very close games. Not the case with the other teams below

Celtics.....3 convincing wins
Spurs.......6 convincing wins
Heat........5 convincing wins
Pacers.....4 convincing wins
Thunder...3 convincing wins
Lakers.....3 convincing wins

Old 05-18-2012, 03:53 PM

Quote:

I hear ya. I didn't mention Parker, I thought that was understood that he carried that team. That is exactly my point, Spurs still had Parker. Just look at Tony's resume, 2007 NBA finals MVP, 3x NBA champion ect. Spurs still had a go to guy in crunch time. On top of that, Memphis didn't have Rudy Gay either. Let's put it this way you tell me the starting line up of the Spurs in game 6 and then compare it to Bulls line up.

Now look at the Bulls, come on don't tell me Deng even if he was healthy, and Boozer what a waste of space, CJ watson,John Lucas IIIhuh, Ronnie Brewer what?, Asik who's got no offense whatsoever, Korver when not hitting the 3 who's no better than my 80 yr old neighbor and who's a defensive liability. What they do have is defense from coach Thibs and the team has a lot of heart but that can only take you so far. At some point the team has to score, and with No Rose in the playoffs, it's easier to defend the Bulls cause they are so predictable. I know they won without Rose in the regular season, but that's different. The teams in the playoffs are better, rotations get shortened, more time to prepare and make adjustments. It is a recipe for a disaster for the Bulls with no Rose.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:26 PM

What you overlook is the quality of the opponent. The grizzlies are/where leaps and bounds better the Philly. Last years griz with no gay would destroy the 76ers.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:15 PM

18,794 posts, read 14,278,333 times
Any team that loses its starting point guard and center is going to be in serious trouble. So yeah I think they get a pass. Plus Deng played the season with a torn ligament in his wrist. I blame Stern and the idiocy of trying to play 66 games in four months. And the only reason for that was to try to make up revenue, in other words greed. Any athlete needs recovery time in order to perform. Otherwise there is an overtraining effect, result of which at best is reduced performance, and at worst injury and illness.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:39 AM

Quote:
What you overlook is the quality of the opponent. The grizzlies are/where leaps and bounds better the Philly. Last years griz with no gay would destroy the 76ers.
I didn't overlook anything, playoffs is all about match up. Bulls with no MVP Rose and no starting center are a lottery team in the playoffs

Yes Griz are a good team but not the way you describe them. Griz tried to lose the last 1-2 regular season games to match up with Spurs in the playoffs cause they match up better whether the Spurs were healthy or not.

A team will look even better than they are when they match up, and the Griz are a good team and add the fact they match up better with the Spurs, now the Griz look like contenders.

Speaking of quality of opponent, sixers are taking this series with the Celtics at least 6 games and who knows win this series. I agree with you that the Griz would destroy the sixers for 3 quarters than find a way to blow it in the 4th quarter in each game and Griz lose the series, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball