U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 12:03 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,615 posts, read 50,385,255 times

Advertisements

I know they can probably beat the Pacers without Bosh but I don't think they can beat the Celtics next round without Bosh. And I won't even get started on them being able to beat the Spurs or Thunder in the Finals. This has been a horrible post season for NBA players with all these injuries.

2012 NBA playoffs -- Chris Bosh of Miami Heat out with abdominal strain - ESPN

Old 05-14-2012, 12:09 PM

5,288 posts, read 6,371,163 times
I dont think their chances are totally gone, but this hurts them for sure.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:26 PM

3,653 posts, read 3,885,514 times
Man this sucks, this year's playoffs has being ruined by key players dropping like flies from injuries.

Old 05-14-2012, 01:37 PM

34 posts, read 95,540 times
looks like LeBron is gonna have to wait longer to finally silence his critics and haters, or possible never.

Old 05-14-2012, 02:18 PM

7,912 posts, read 8,209,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Man this sucks, this year's playoffs has being ruined by key players dropping like flies from injuries.
sterny thinks all these injuries have nothing to do with the shortened/denser season. i say BULL! it has everything to do with the condensed season. the last shortened season the spurs won it all, and so many people say "put an * on it", after this season maybe every other season needs an * next to it for the teams not having to go through all this craziness.

that said

he is out indefinitely BUT im expecting 2-3 weeks at most. thats barely to the finals. that said i dont know that the heat can beat who ever comes out of the west even with bosh.

Old 05-14-2012, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
Worst playoffs ever for the NBA with all of these injuries going on in each round. Sad too see so many important players going down right now which makes the games less appealing to watch.

Old 05-14-2012, 03:40 PM

It was said this morning on First Take that now that bosh is out, Lebron james is playing with house money because the Heat are no longer expected to be in contention for the NBA title. Do you agree with this?

Old 05-14-2012, 03:47 PM
JL

7,355 posts, read 11,901,855 times
Unless Lebron and Wade take their game to another level, i don't see them getting past the Celtics. Haslem will really have to step up in place of Bosh. A very big blow/game changer for the Heat.

Old 05-14-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Unless Lebron and Wade take their game to another level, i don't see them getting past the Celtics. Haslem will really have to step up in place of Bosh. A very big blow/game changer for the Heat.
The Celtics are not in the 3rd round yet and showed no evidence that the series will be a cakewalk from how they played in Game 1. So I think it's a little premature to assume that the Celtics will be the Heat's next opponent.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:32 PM

24 posts, read 31,488 times
What I don't get is everyone on TV, radio, and even in the blogs are always refering to the Miami Heat as a two star team, two "and a half" when they're feeling generous. Why should anyone let the Heat off the hook now that a "nonstar" or "half a star" is out?

The thing is, I always believed Bosh to be the one keeping this team in games with solid safe unsexy 15 footers while Wade and Bron created the hightlights to be shown on top ten lists. Now that Bosh is out everyone is saying how the Heat are done? What about your two "superstars" they don't need Bosh.

I just get perturbed at the sheeple who choose to believe everything on ESPN and how, well LBJ is the number one play of the day, so he must be the best player, or Kobe had a game winning shot, so maybe he is the best player. How about the 47 and a half minutes before when Kobe went 3 for 21?

Maybe it's just because I am a fan of the Spurs who play as a team with no highlights, drama, or egos to stroke. Oh, but the media says they are "boring" so everyone regurgitates this even though this boring team is the second highest scoring team in the league, with the best 3 point shooting percentage and a solid defense.

I guess this is a long way to answer your question but, the Heat are done, but not because they lost a "superstar" but because they lost their best player.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or